Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guilty Pleasure You're Most Ashamed Of....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guilty Pleasure You're Most Ashamed Of....

Hello, my name is Tender Lumpling and I watch "The O.C." religiously !!! There...I said it....now let me go hang my head in shame !!!

You would think that being in my early 30's, I'd be PAST the point of watching ridiculous, over-draumatized adolescent soaps. But no...I can't get enough !!!

I first watched "The O.C." just to get a good laugh. I lived only 20 minutes from Newport Beach at the time and was curious how they would portray NBers on tv. It quickly went from ridicule to addiction and now I can't stop myself !!! I'm a teen-age drama junkie !!!!

Sure...the whole show is filmed in L.A., not Newport Beach ~ but I still tune in every Thursday night to watch the insanity unfold. They make you feel so sorry for those poor, rich kids....I could just cry....

SOMEBODY HELP ME !!!!!

Now that I've bared my soul ~ I want to know what guilty pleasure you have that you're most ashamed of...it can be ANYTHING !!!
    Last edited by Tender Lumpling; 09-11-2005, 11:54 PM.
    [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo]Oh listen tender lumplings let me take you by the hands...I

Sigh, oh alright....I can't wait for the new season of Nip/Tuck to start....I'm so ashamed......it's so over the top, trashy, and ridiculous....I love it..
    All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

Don't feel ashamed by the fact that you watch "The O.C.". I do to and I am in my early 30's.

I watch "One Tree Hill" and "Gilmore Girls". Along with many others, I wish LOST would hurry up and start.
      "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
      Not Yet Visited: 16
      Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

OH....I LOVE Nip/Tuck !!! I have the first two seasons on dvd and can't wait for the season premiere !!! Somehow adult, scandalous drama shows aren't as bad to confess watching as teenager melodrama shows are ~ especially given my age

Originally posted by Buttercup
        Sigh, oh alright....I can't wait for the new season of Nip/Tuck to start....I'm so ashamed......it's so over the top, trashy, and ridiculous....I love it..
        [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo]Oh listen tender lumplings let me take you by the hands...I

Comment

OK...so I'm not alone in my shame !!! Where you a "90210" and "Melrose Place" fan as well ??? I'm convinced that watching those shows in my early 20's lead to my current "O.C." addiction....

Originally posted by BaseballBabe
          Don't feel ashamed by the fact that you watch "The O.C.". I do to and I am in my early 30's.

Comment

Originally posted by Tender Lumpling
            OK...so I'm not alone in my shame !!! Where you a "90210" and "Melrose Place" fan as well ??? I'm convinced that watching those shows in my early 20's lead to my current "O.C." addiction....
            Odd, I never was one for those shows or those corny soap operas. Here I'm turning 20 and I can't force myself to watch daytime TV for the young and jobless. It's too corny with bad acting.

I've always been a fan of watching M*A*S*H, though.

Comment

I enjoy listening to John Mayer.

Comment

Originally posted by JustDontDie
                I enjoy listening to John Mayer.
                Music counts too? Well, why didn't someone say something sooner?? Heheh. Let the list of guilty pleasures begin!

Songs and "artists" I like that don't fall under my main genres (punk, rock, ska, emo, etc.):
                *Party For Two (pop version) -Shania Twain
                *Stronger -Britney Spears
                *That Hina na ho ho song
                *Rita MacNiel
                *I own a Sean Paul CD
                *Mmm Bop (Remember back when everyone thought Hanson were girls?)
                *I burned a CD that I have titled "Grammar Music" which is full of grammar music.
                *Before my whole stereo system was stolen out of my car I used to cruise around with my windows open listening to the Star Wars soundtrack really loud.

Comment

i have a new addiction with new series "breaking out". man i cant get enough of it and it has been on for only 2 episodes, go figure. i havnt been addicted to any tv series in years. i cant wait for tomorrow cuz it will be on again

Comment

For me it has got to be listening to my music at extremely loud volumes when I have to tell other people to turn their music down.

This month music blasting:

The Killers
                    Bloc Party
                    Coldplay
                    Kelly Clarkson

Also guility pleasures: going to Starbucks right when they open because I can't stand early morning.

"The O.C" is a great show. I enjoy the show throughly. Don't live too far from the OC. Also wathced "Beverly Hills 90210" and "Melrose Place". "LAX" was a great show too.

My hubby's guility pleasure watching "COPS" and laughs obnoxious. And talks to the television saying what he would of done differently. We are both Police Officers. He is more seasoned at it. I am fairly new.
                    Last edited by powertoburn; 09-11-2005, 09:44 PM.

Comment

The ironic thing about my "O.C.", "90210" and "Melrose" addictions are that I absolutely DETEST the daytime soaps ~ yet I watch these night time, "soap-light" shows and get so consumed by them ! I can't explain it...I'm just mentally twisted like that !!!

S.D. ~ I can see why you didn't get sucked into these adolescent drama shows like the rest of us ~ you were just a young child when most of these shows first came out. You never got snared in the "90210" or "Melrose" mind trap... be very thankful !!!

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
                      Odd, I never was one for those shows or those corny soap operas. Here I'm turning 20 and I can't force myself to watch daytime TV for the young and jobless. It's too corny with bad acting.

Comment

My hubby does the EXACT same thing !!! We watch COPS together and he constantly points out the flaws in their arresting/take down techniques.

Originally posted by powertoburn
                        My hubby's guility pleasure watching "COPS" and laughs obnoxious. And talks to the television saying what he would of done differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Tender Lumpling

Yes back then when it was really popular I was.

I also like to watch "Charmed", "CSI" and "Law & Order".

Okay this is really going to be embarassing I used to watch "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel".

There is a new show coming called "Bones".
                          "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee

I've always been a fan of watching M*A*S*H, though.

Those shows she mentioned are reruns now. I do not watch them anymore as I am at work during that time. Plus when I saw those shows I was younger.

Comment

I will be watching Bones ~ along with my fav show, "House." Being in the medical field, I can truly relate to his character. Sometimes you have to be blunt and cruel to help your patients !

Originally posted by BaseballBabe
                              There is a new show coming called "Bones".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3903 users online. 231 members and 3672 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X