300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Ships

A friend of mine wants my wife and I to go on a cruise ship with them and others,says the cost will be $1200 a couple + Tips in the middle of Feb(06) Has any of you been on a (7) day cruise.My Question is how much will the tips add up to be and any hidden cost.We were to leave out of New Orleans but that seems less likely now as the destination will change!

I don't remember what the tip cost ended up, but it wasn't too terrible. Alcoholic beverages are not included in your cruise cost. So you will need money for that. If you drink wine, I suggest buying a bottle at dinner..... they will keep it for you and bring it back to your table each night. Much cheaper than buying by the glass. The price for drinks was not too bad. Also, If you want to take the excursions at port, they are extra. Most seemed to run about $75. You don't pay any money while onboard.... they give you an "expense card" which keeps track of anything you buy, then it is tallied up at the end and you can pay by credit card or cash. So, anything you spend beyond the trip itself is all up to you.

The waiters and housekeeping people, on the cruise I went on, were excellent and deserved what the tip was, if not more. The food is fabulous... I suggest taking the stairs instead of elevators to help counter act all those calories.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

When I took mine tips were included in the total price along with all food (except soda and alcohol).
      The cost of the "cruise" wasn't bad, it was the alcohol, off-ship activities, and shopping onboard is where I spent the majority of my money. They add up quick and they expect payment in full before you leave the ship. Just make a budget but have a back-up plan if you go over.

TGY
      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

went on Royal Carribian, best by far of them all. Tips were about 150 or so total for everyone for a 7 day. Food is inculded including roomservice (never did use it) Would do it again if had the cash now....
        Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Damn, I am going into the wrong profession. I need to be a bartender on the cruise ship.

Comment

Princess Cruise Lines employees I think make the most profit from tips from what my ex had told me. The last cruise I took which was to Alaska (where I met my ex). The tips ranged from 50-200.00

The best cruise lines are:

Princess
            Royal Caribbean
            Carnival
            "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
            Not Yet Visited: 16
            Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Originally posted by toby101
              Damn, I am going into the wrong profession. I need to be a bartender on the cruise ship.
              Man I wish I knew about cruise ship jobs when I got out of high school. I would have signed up for a couple of years. It seems like a lot of fun and you get to travel around since many employees get to leave the ship at ports. Not to mention some of the fine *** women on board.........

TGY
              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5873 users online. 348 members and 5525 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X