300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorola Programming Software

Does anyone know what I have to do to get software to program motorola software? Do I have to get certified by Moto or something? I've searched the net and couldn't find any information other than I need the "Dos" software.

P.S. Sorry, I meant to post this in Off-Duty.
    Feel safe at night.....Sleep with a COP.

Originally posted by hebron24
    Does anyone know what I have to do to get software to program motorola software? Do I have to get certified by Moto or something? I've searched the net and couldn't find any information other than I need the "Dos" software.

P.S. Sorry, I meant to post this in Off-Duty.
    This is probably the best forum out there that deals with Motorola. Bat Board

The answer to your question is that you need to sign a licensing agreement with Motorola before you can buy the software. The software is only available through Motorola and is quite expensive $200-$300 on average. Once you get the software you will need the hardware to program your radio. This includes a RIB (radio interface box) and the cables. Another $100-$200 for those. Then, as you said in your post, you need the DOS software which will require a true DOS computer the slower the better. It will not run in a DOS window in windows it need true DOS on a very slow machine.

I don't know how many radios you are planning to program, but a radio shop will charge aroung $30 to program 1 radio. this may be a better alternative than hundreds of dollars to do it your self.

Comment

That's exactly what I needed. Thank you.
      Feel safe at night.....Sleep with a COP.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5198 users online. 295 members and 4903 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X