300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gotthblues
    well i asked for opinions, only one responded.

how does an entire city sink,*i had never heard that before*,, granted i know nothing bout it, but to rebuild it just seems a waist to me. it s going to happen again, you cant control the weather. seems more sensable, safer, economical to put it else where, the other things that i and others have said, just adds to it,
    contributions, music, how does that benefit society, new medicine, new companies & more jobs for people to make a living, i can understand, but NO seems to be a foul place, their claim to fame, drinking, gambling, crime, of course this is just from my own way how I live, i dont drink, idont gamble, or anything like that, yea thats where the ships come in, but there doesnt have to be a city of 200k plus there for it.
    yes this all sounds bad, i agree, and i said most of it, but,,,you cant deny what kind of people are there, you just cant, yes there are true victims there, but several are just flat out a waist of breath. the other states and others in louisiana didnt act they way they did in NO, why is that,
    Point well taken and again I agree wiht the fact that it only takes a few BAD real bad MOFOs to ruin it for all people. Again I worked in the inner city for 10 years, so I know what u r thinking.Yes I am glad if its true that the shoot first policy is there and i think its still the majority of N.O. not the other affected areas but its lumping all people togehther. Like 1 bad cop were all bad cops.
    Jeez iam starting to sound alittle liberal. I need to get my gatt
    I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by e-man
      I dont think any people will be relocated to my suburban area, thanks but i lived in the ****ty, I mean city for 10 years and patrolled the ghetto. I understand your thoughts exactly but I jsut felt it was alittle off. Your thought of course are not mine. Cool, no probs. I do have a quick trigger though 2 to the chest, 1 to the head, as I was trained
      but the thousands that are now in houston, dallas, okc, and elsewhere, didnt have money to leave, they dont have money to go back, they are going to stay put, hopefully get a job, but they didnt have one there, so more than likely they will stay put.

Comment

Point well taken and again I agree wiht the fact that it only takes a few BAD real bad MOFOs to ruin it for all people. Again I worked in the inner city for 10 years, so I know what u r thinking.Yes I am glad if its true that the shoot first policy is there and i think its still the majority of N.O. not the other affected areas but its lumping all people togehther. Like 1 bad cop were all bad cops.
        Jeez iam starting to sound alittle liberal. I need to get my gatt
        i hate to be that way,,but like you im a realist,,its one thing to give 10k people a ride to dallas, but you cant just give them a job, and at some point the relief is going to run out of money, then what, i heard its costing something like $500 mil a day down in NO, some are good, but some are bad, now you bring both to other cities, and you have more problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken K
          They just showed that the French Quarter is in pretty good shape, and Jackson Square pretty much unscathed. I'm no historian, but the city started out higher, and just spread.

As technology advanced, some chased out the lowlands and built. What I have heard is this change the whole ecology of the area, and messed with the delta.

They sank, and are sinking.

Keep the Quarter, the port, and possibly move some to higher areas. Leave the delta area alone! Rebuild. If that dang dike had held, would this be the problem it is now?
          didnt know that either, but it makes sense, i knew the city just didnt land there as the size it is now,

Comment

I dont think any people will be relocated to my suburban area, thanks but i lived in the ****ty, I mean city for 10 years and patrolled the ghetto. I understand your thoughts exactly but I jsut felt it was alittle off. Your thought of course are not mine. Cool, no probs. I do have a quick trigger though 2 to the chest, 1 to the head, as I was trained
            Well they are also street wise and have had recent target practice,at Le and helicopters,like it or not I will grant you their are victims no matter the skin tone in No,but there are also gangs who don't mind the confrontation with Police,The one million one hundred thousand people being displaced are all shades of the rainbow and they will be in your neck of the woods,and thats only NO,not counting the people from MS&Ala.It is ONE Huge Disaster that has touched us all across this nation.The news is focusing on the Relief efforts but you have barges piled up and down the Mississippi River and that is costing money.This will become a economic nightmare for us all everywhere

Comment

All points well taken and true. The one about the fact that this WILL affect ALL of us one way or another is I believe too true. Gas, coffee, grain {cereal, wheat bread etc] are all gonna go up. Supposedly like 50% of the countries train rails go through some or all of the affected areas. Train service disrupted, means less grain for food, less stuff for what ever. It is a HUGE mess. I AM ****ed off about the foreign aid though, i dont know what todays news say but like Michael Savage said we need to IMMEDIATELY stop AIDs money to AFRICA {15 BILLION} and stop free health care for illegals. Uknown amount of billions.,
              {See Iam not really a liberal, i jsut sounded like one a few minutes ago}
              I got nothing for now

Comment

All points well taken and true. The one about the fact that this WILL affect ALL of us one way or another is I believe too true. Gas, coffee, grain {cereal, wheat bread etc] are all gonna go up. Supposedly like 50% of the countries train rails go through some or all of the affected areas. Train service disrupted, means less grain for food, less stuff for what ever. It is a HUGE mess. I AM ****ed off about the foreign aid though, i dont know what todays news say but like Michael Savage said we need to IMMEDIATELY stop AIDs money to AFRICA {15 BILLION} and stop free health care for illegals. Uknown amount of billions.,
                {See Iam not really a liberal, i jsut sounded like one a few minutes ago}
                I apologize if I sounded racist toward the people in NewOrleans,I truly felt sorry for everyone who had to indure this nightmare.We can all second guess why they did'nt leave,if we don't take care of them the correct way Treat everybody equal,we will all suffer down the road later,Iam frustrated along with the rest of yall paying all these high prices

Comment

The potential impact on any city that has them now cannot be overlooked. Now you have more people in need of gov't aid and they're in your backyard. No racism here at all, this goes for everyone because a lot of folks lost their places of employment.

I reacted somewhat negatively to the news that Detroit said they'd take people. I reacted only to recent news I have seen on the economic problems of that city. How can they take on more? Fed gov't money to help?

What a mess. And, don't you think they want to go home.

Comment

Originally posted by The Colonel(44)
                    I apologize if I sounded racist toward the people in NewOrleans,I truly felt sorry for everyone who had to indure this nightmare.We can all second guess why they did'nt leave,if we don't take care of them the correct way Treat everybody equal,we will all suffer down the road later,Iam frustrated along with the rest of yall paying all these high prices
                    same here.

Comment

who's idea was it to build the city there in the first place? I'm not a contractor, but if the city is below sea level, then someone had to make dams to to keep the water out. The city is below the ocean, and has a lake to the north of it. That doesnt make much sense.
                      The city wasn't always below sea level, you can blame the government for daming up the Mississippi in the first place for that.
                      Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

I maybe spoke too soon On tonights news in the Burgh, the mayor and County Exec. said they are planning on 'opening their arms, the city and county to the refugees of Katrina" WOW, the news said Pittsburgh and Allegheny county are the first major city to call on the leaders down there and say they can and will take people from the disaster. Basically it means that they will be put into the local projects or abandoned city social service centers and taken care of. Not a bad idea and by no means am I against helping BUT and this is a BIGGGGG BUTT {Had to throw in a ittle humor} The city is bankrupt and cant take care of itself let alone another 1,000 or so people to feed,cloth and house. The city is pretty much in financial crap, no money for the poor here already and now they want to add a few thousand more people. Good idea but i think they want the national spotlight... Just my thoughts...
                        I got nothing for now

Comment

In my opinion we as Americans have witnessed this past week a Noah's Ark Disaster,the storm may have only damaged (3) states.Its like the Ark has sprung a huge leak,and if we all don't lend a helping hand in any way humanly possible.We will all go down with the ship economicaly.I would like to suggest that you not tary and stock up on groceries soon,as the prices will take a spike upwards as the cost of fuel continues to rise to be passed down to us consumers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Colonel(44)
                            In my opinion we as Americans have witnessed this past week a Noah's Ark Disaster,the storm may have only damaged (3) states.Its like the Ark has sprung a huge leak,and if we all don't lend a helping hand in any way humanly possible.We will all go down with the ship economicaly.
                            Wow. That's.... deep.
                            Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

I hear ya on the stockpile the food now. Like I posted I heard that about 50% of the train rails go through some of the devastated area so that means jsut about everything will jump in price. I and probablyu most of us wouldnt mind kicking in alittle bit extra for gas,coffee,food etc BUT how can we be assured that the extra scratch is going to where it really needs to? I mean like the gas price jumps over night. The gas we are paying 20-30 even 40 cents more per gall. is still the same gas that been in the tank for a week. Unless they are realy really busy station. I feel sorry {kinda, not really} for the upper crust, Bimmers, Audis, Fancy schmancy rides that require super 93. well I guess if your paying 40,-50Gs for a ride than gas is an after thought or no thought at all.
                              I got nothing for now

Comment

but is it worth rebuilding, they can make the whole area a port. from what ive seen and heard the general opinion of NO even before the storm, is that its a sess pool, dirty, foul, ridden with crime, and so on. there are towns in wyoming that produce most of our oil and they only have popul. of around 200 and only two or three gas stations.
                                I visited one time, off season, in the middle of winter..it stunk like vomit so back I said I would never go back. I cant imagine what it smelled like in the summer (or now...)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4425 users online. 287 members and 4138 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X