300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a new thought about new orleans

who's idea was it to build the city there in the first place? I'm not a contractor, but if the city is below sea level, then someone had to make dams to to keep the water out. The city is below the ocean, and has a lake to the north of it. That doesnt make much sense.

Also, should the gov. spend $????billion to rebuild it, and another $???? billion to make it safer, *so it will happen again when a bigger storm comes (you know it will)* or just move it back inland several miles?

Just thoughts in my head.

Originally posted by gotthblues
    who's idea was it to build the city there in the first place? I'm not a contractor, but if the city is below sea level, then someone had to make dams to to keep the water out. The city is below the ocean, and has a lake to the north of it. That doesnt make much sense.

Also, should the gov. spend $????billion to rebuild it, and another $???? billion to make it safer, *so it will happen again when a bigger storm comes (you know it will)* or just move it back inland several miles?

Just thoughts in my head.
    Iam for tearing down the entire city of New Orleans,and dredging out the Ms River and using the material to raise the level above the flood plain,as for the communities along the MS Gulf Coast,Take Galvenston,Texas advise build a sea wall and relocate the city back away from the Gulf,They had a killer hurricane in 1900 that wiped out that entire city killing 8,000 people.They G,Tx pilled up bodies on the beach and it took weeks to burn them all.New Orleans will have to be raised above sea level for the public to spend billions on it! In my own opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by The Colonel(44)
      Iam for tearing down the entire city of New Orleans,and dredging out the Ms River and using the material to raise the level above the flood plain,as for the communities along the MS Gulf Coast,Take Galvenston,Texas advise build a sea wall and relocate the city back away from the Gulf,They had a killer hurricane in 1900 that wiped out that entire city killing 8,000 people.They G,Tx pilled up bodies on the beach and it took weeks to burn them all.New Orleans will have to be raised above sea level for the public to spend billions on it! In my own opinion!
      but is it worth rebuilding, they can make the whole area a port. from what ive seen and heard the general opinion of NO even before the storm, is that its a sess pool, dirty, foul, ridden with crime, and so on. there are towns in wyoming that produce most of our oil and they only have popul. of around 200 and only two or three gas stations.

Comment

but is it worth rebuilding, they can make the whole area a port. from what ive seen and heard the general opinion of NO even before the storm, is that its a sess pool, dirty, foul, ridden with crime, and so on. there are towns in wyoming that produce most of our oil and they only have popul. of around 200 and only two or three gas stations.
        Do you really want those citizens residing in your location on a permanent basis,think about it.I remember the cuban refugee crisis when Fidel Castro opened up his jails and flooded the United States with his outcast crimminals back in 1980.I for one am for raising the level of NO and rebuilding the city and returning their citizens.My opinion only

Comment

Do you really want those citizens residing in your location on a permanent basis,think about it.I remember the cuban refugee crisis when Fidel Castro opened up his jails and flooded the United States with his outcast crimminals back in 1980.I for one am for raising the level of NO and rebuilding the city and returning their citizens.My opinion only
          i know, i was think bout that, i just saw on the news that they may bring several here to okc, i am in the security dept of a major utilities comp in the state, they are talking about putting them down town in the stadiums and conviention centers, well, we have a couple of majorly important buildings right down there, i know there are true victims in the mess of the criminals with them,,,we have to come in this weekend and draw up a plan for when if this happens.
          as for the 80s, well, i was still playing in dirt piles, but it makes sense,,,they can stay in louisiana, just not N O. hell, towns are expanding at major rates everywhere, why not there.

Comment

just makes sense to me to move the town on the other side of the lake, where its higher,,if idiots want to go back and salvage what they can and keep living there, then its out of their pocket, not mine. a city below the ocean backed up by a lake just seems like a waist of resources. cause it will happen again, maybe not in 10 or 20 yrs, but it will. YOU CANT CONTROL NATURE.

Comment

i know, i was think bout that, i just saw on the news that they may bring several here to okc, i am in the security dept of a major utilities comp in the state, they are talking about putting them down town in the stadiums and conviention centers, well, we have a couple of majorly important buildings right down there, i know there are true victims in the mess of the criminals with them,,,we have to come in this weekend and draw up a plan for when if this happens.
              as for the 80s, well, i was still playing in dirt piles, but it makes sense,,,they can stay in louisiana, just not N O. hell, towns are expanding at major rates everywhere, why not there.
              I tell you what lets give LE the authority they enjoyed back in the 1960's Shoot to Kill Looters,Whatever it takes to bring those to justice for looting and especially for shooting at helicopters trying to rescue people,and one more thought, Why was the State of Mississippi secured with only 2,000 National Guard units at the Gulf coast and New orleans took almost 5,000 that ought to tell you something!

Comment

I tell you what lets give LE the authority they enjoyed back in the 1960's Shoot to Kill Looters,Whatever it takes to bring those to justice for looting and especially for shooting at helicopters trying to rescue people,and one more thought, Why was the State of Mississippi secured with only 2,000 National Guard units at the Gulf coast and New orleans took almost 5,000 that ought to tell you something!
                yea, that says a lot about new orleans, and its people. i dont member seeing anything really bad about the people in miss or alabm.
                but rebuilding NO, well i don t know, but i think it would take more to rebuild then to move, they have to get the water out, then detox it, remove it all, then rebuild, it seems cheaper to pick a spot, dozer it then start over, WHERE IT IS HIGHER.

Comment

Where is The Rev Al Sharpton & Rev Jesse Jackson,Why don't they head down to New Orleans and help out their Rainbow people,at least bring some food & Water to the area to help!

Comment

Where is The Rev Al Sharpton & Rev Jesse Jackson,Why don't they head down to New Orleans and help out their Rainbow people,at least bring some food & Water to the area to help!
                    hahahahahhahahhaha, funny you say that, i am also keeping tabs elsewhere, thats a big debate right now, ol jesse IS up in arms, playing the race show,

Comment

WOW, I am not a liberal left wing nut butf rom some of the comments, they are alittle outrageoius dont you guys think? "Do you really want those citizens residing in your location" "Who's idea was it to build the city there in the first place" WOW I dont know what to say. This thread does seem to be a little 2 sided as you two are the only ones {plus me} to post here. I dont know much about the south BUT the city WAS NOT below sea level when it was built. It was above sea level. It settled over time. I dont know what else to say but you do have your opinions and this is a place to express those but its kinda "wrong time for it " guys. We have brother cops and some might have family who live down there. Louis Armstrong, the birthplace of j*** and tons of other important contributions, OIL from the gulf. Emeril Lagase. I mean it was kinda dumb not to leave IF you could leave. There are gonna be tons of dead people there.

" I see trees of green, red roses too
                      I see them bloom for me and you
                      And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
                      The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
                      Are also on the faces of people going by
                      I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
                      They're really saying I love you.

I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
                      They'll learn much more than I'll never know
                      And I think to myself what a wonderful world
                      Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world"""
                      I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by e-man
                        WOW, I am not a liberal left wing nut butf rom some of the comments, they are alittle outrageoius dont you guys think? "Do you really want those citizens residing in your location" "Who's idea was it to build the city there in the first place" WOW I dont know what to say. This thread does seem to be a little 2 sided as you two are the only ones {plus me} to post here. I dont know much about the south BUT the city WAS NOT below sea level when it was built. It was above sea level. It settled over time. I dont know what else to say but you do have your opinions and this is a place to express those but its kinda "wrong time for it " guys. We have brother cops and some might have family who live down there. Louis Armstrong, the birthplace of j*** and tons of other important contributions, OIL from the gulf. Emeril Lagase. I mean it was kinda dumb not to leave IF you could leave. There are gonna be tons of dead people there.

" I see trees of green, red roses too
                        I see them bloom for me and you

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
                        The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
                        Are also on the faces of people going by
                        I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
                        They're really saying I love you.

I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
                        They'll learn much more than I'll never know
                        And I think to myself what a wonderful world
                        Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world"""
                        Circa 1965 during Vietnam War E-man jump right on in 1,000,100,000 people will need to be relocated across this country so get ready for the inflow,they are heading north to your neighborhood,one more thing they are armed and ready thanks to Walmart for donating those weapons so freely,at least you have been warned!

Comment

well i asked for opinions, only one responded.

how does an entire city sink,*i had never heard that before*,, granted i know nothing bout it, but to rebuild it just seems a waist to me. it s going to happen again, you cant control the weather. seems more sensable, safer, economical to put it else where, the other things that i and others have said, just adds to it,
                          contributions, music, how does that benefit society, new medicine, new companies & more jobs for people to make a living, i can understand, but NO seems to be a foul place, their claim to fame, drinking, gambling, crime, of course this is just from my own way how I live, i dont drink, idont gamble, or anything like that, yea thats where the ships come in, but there doesnt have to be a city of 200k plus there for it.
                          yes this all sounds bad, i agree, and i said most of it, but,,,you cant deny what kind of people are there, you just cant, yes there are true victims there, but several are just flat out a waist of breath. the other states and others in louisiana didnt act they way they did in NO, why is that,

Comment

Circa 1965 during Vietnam War E-man jump right on in 1,000,100,000 people will need to be relocated across this country so get ready for the inflow,they are heading north to your neighborhood,one more thing they are armed and ready thanks to Walmart for donating those weapons so freely,at least you have been warned!
                            I dont think any people will be relocated to my suburban area, thanks but i lived in the ****ty, I mean city for 10 years and patrolled the ghetto. I understand your thoughts exactly but I jsut felt it was alittle off. Your thought of course are not mine. Cool, no probs. I do have a quick trigger though 2 to the chest, 1 to the head, as I was trained
                            I got nothing for now

Comment

They just showed that the French Quarter is in pretty good shape, and Jackson Square pretty much unscathed. I'm no historian, but the city started out higher, and just spread.

As technology advanced, some chased out the lowlands and built. What I have heard is this change the whole ecology of the area, and messed with the delta.

They sank, and are sinking.

Keep the Quarter, the port, and possibly move some to higher areas. Leave the delta area alone! Rebuild. If that dang dike had held, would this be the problem it is now?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5921 users online. 356 members and 5565 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X