300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Parent

I think this falls under the category of Stupid Parents. I fail to see what was so funny about it to begin with.

Man has girl present hold-up note in prank at bank; he gets charged
    30/08/2005 11:38:00 AM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) - Michael Lyons apparently had a funny practical joke planned for his daughter's birthday. In the end, no one was laughing - especially Lyons.

Lyons, 45, was arrested after he told a 13-year-old girl to hand a note to a bank teller, police said. The note said, "Give me all of your money, this is a stick up," according to a police report.

The incident happened Friday when Lyons and a group of girls were celebrating his daughter's birthday. While he was getting money out of an ATM, the girl went into the bank and handed the note to a teller.

The teller sounded the bank's alarm, and police and FBI surrounded the building. Instead of robbers, they found Lyons and the girls.

Lyons was charged with criminal attempt of robbery by intimidation, said Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police spokesman Bucky Burnsed.

"You can't yell 'fire' in a crowded theater, can't joke about a bomb in your luggage at the airport, and you can't write notes to cashier that say 'This is a stick up,'" Burnsed said.

Sad; you must have a license to drive, not to procreate.
    Kelly

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sgkelly

heck, you have to have a license to catch a fish, but not to have kids,

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
        Thats why us normal people are stuck with the bill,incarserating these not so bright jerks

Comment

Originally posted by The Colonel(44)
          Thats why us normal people are stuck with the bill,incarserating these not so bright jerks
          dont remind me

Comment

I'm waiting on this guy's Darwin award.
            Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

Jez, in Canada the Teller would have handed the kid $3000, some bait money, and a dye pack. Then the unarmed 70 non-english speaking security guard would have opened the door for her on the way out.

the tone alert would go off and we'd go flying out of where ever we were eating just at the food was hitting the table. Two cars would head to scene, others would set up quadrants. The first officer would be met by the security guard who would respond to the question of, "What's the kid's direction of travel", with, "Umm, 12 o'clock". You then asked the guard what the kid was wearing, to only get, "Umm, 12 o'clock".

After 23 minutes a broadcast would go out with the suspect discription after the off site contact security arrives and plays the security tapes.

I could never be a bank teller here in Canada. I would be fired after the first robbery attempt for reaching over the counter and slapping the crap out of the bad guy.

Though, I have to admit I love when these guys shove dye packs in their pants! NASTY BURNS when they go off.
              Last edited by cst.sb; 09-03-2005, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sgkelly

Originally posted by gotthblues
                Exactly what are you guys suggesting? You think we should have a license to have kids or procreate?
                It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitMPD
                  Exactly what are you guys suggesting? You think we should have a license to have kids or procreate?

At least a Darwinian background check.
                  Kelly

We are the thin blue line
                  between you
                  and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3914 users online. 225 members and 3689 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X