Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 105 mpg motorcycle

http://www.m1030.com/

hmmm if gas hits 5 bucks a gallon with the taxes in NY might have to look into these.

I saw the diesel m/c's on the History Channel special about military m/c's Now, you start making your own veggie fuel then you have about the cheapest thing in the world to drive short of a bicycle.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

In the next five years there will be a huge boom in the number of high MPG vehicles available. Just like SUV's have become a huge percentage of the auto market, hybrid vehicles will do the same. It's already going that direction. Heck I'm looking into what minivans are going to be comming out that are hybrid.

Part of the problem thusfar is that some of the hybrid models don't save you enough over the life of the car to outweigh the higher initial cost. But most of these are the SUV hybrids and I think it'll work its self out within a few years.
      Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

I don't know about hybrids, but I am going to buy a VW diesel when I get back to the US. Hopefully they will be offering the GTI TDI in the US by then.
        No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

I agree on the Hybrids cost but my VW TDI cost me a 2000$ premium over over the 2.0 gas version of the same car so it paid for itself rather quickly with the milage I drive.

GTI TDI I have never even heard of those though I do know they put the 150hp TDI in some of the Jettas and Golfs in the fatherland and then add 6 spd trannies to them, that would be awsome!!!
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

In Europe the GTI is the Golf GTI. A friend of mine from the UK owns one. Here are the stats:

PS: 140 (138 bhp)
            Engine cubic capacity: 2000
            Fuel Consumption:
            Urban: 39.8mpg - 7.4l/100km
            Highway: 58.9mpg - 4.8l/100km
            Combined: 49.6mpg - 5.7l/100km
            Engine emissions: 154g/km
            Engine noise levels: 72.0dB
            Engine maximum Speed: 126mph - 203km/h
            Engine acceleration: 0-62mph 9.3secs
            Maximum output: PS 140 (138 bhp) at RPM 4000
            Maximum torque: 236 lbs.ft / 320 Nm at RPM 1750

Here is the link if you want to check it out yourself:

http://www.vw.co.uk/new_cars/new_gol...engine_id=546#
            No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

Sweet and that is the one I would pick, but it is still not a GTI, the GTI is as follows. http://www.vw.co.uk/new_cars/new_gol...engine_id=546#

Fuel Consumption
              Urban 25.4mpg - 11.1l/100km
              Extra-urban 44.8mpg - 6.3l/100km
              Combined 34.9mpg - 8.1l/100km
              Engine emissions 194g/km
              Engine noise levels 75.0dB
              Engine maximum Speed** 146mph - 235km/h
              Engine acceleration 0-62mph 7.2secs
              Maximum output PS 200
              at RPM 5100
              Maximum torque 207 lbs.ft / 280 Nm
              at RPM 1800
              Insurance group rating 17

Which ain't half bad milage for the extra power.

I do love VW's and have owned them for years. I currently have 2 aircooled ones besides my Jetta. I just can't figure out why they are the stupidest comapny on the planet when it comes to the American market. Let's see, a GTI getting 44mpg, a GT getting 58mpg, how is it that they don't import these cars. They could sell these vehicles so fast that they would have nothing but empy lots right now.

Comment

Isn't that the gasoline model? (Edit: Belay that last sentence. I am an idiot.)

I have owned a 1997 VW Golf and a 2001 VW Jetta. They are very reliable cars and I will definitely be purcahsing another. That really do stink at marketing in the USA.
                Last edited by mosetti; 09-02-2005, 10:19 AM. Reason: i am an idiot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4561 users online. 266 members and 4295 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X