300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Pkagel

hey, about your bug,, i was looking into them and the jetta diesel., we scraped the honda element idea,,, i saw that the diesel only has 90 hp, that is what you have right,
    does that thing get around good, or is that enough power to safely get around in that thing. have you ever looked into programers or power chips for it.
    and do you have kids, *for backseat and storage purposes*.

I have a Jetta, not a Bug. The backseat is fine for my uses as my daughter is only 3 but the new ones have more backseat room. 90hp is fine because it has a whole lot of torque and actually takes the hills a lot better than the gas cars which are constantly shifting to keep their speed up. The new ones have more HP and more Torque. If you go to TDIClub.com you will find all the diesel geeks who can tell you all about the different chips & fuel injectors you can get for the car. You can add quite a bit of HP & T to it if you feel the need. I commute and don't really feel the need. It has plenty enough power for me. It is not a race car by any stretch but it is a lot quicker than you would think. It has nearly the same numbers as the Jetta with the 2.0 gas engine but can be hopped up a lot more if you want. I can't recommend the car enough if you are a hwy commuter. If you mainly drive in the city though I'd say go w/ the Prius as that is where that car really shines w/ it's regenerative braking and such.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

oh, i thought you had a bug,,sorry bout that, anyway, i like the jetta more, cause of the 4 doors, but they are a little more,, anyway,, thanks, i was just wonderiing about the power they had, 90 isnt a lot, but i wasnt going to ask a salesman, for obvious reasons, id rather ask someone who owns one.
      my wife drives about 17miles one way to work, on the hwy, i am think about getting ride of the tahoe 4x4 for a vw. i drive about 8 one way, i have a mazda 6, it gets bout 25 in the city and anywhere from 28 to 32 on the hwy. but i was thinking about getting a bug for me and a jetta for her. BUT, we have a four yr old and one coming in oct. so i was concerned about that.

Comment

If you get a new one you don't have to worry about the leg room, they are a little bigger than a BMW 3 series. I don't even know if they still put the TDI in the bug??? You could get a Golf, they have 4 doors also for your commuter and get her a Jetta Wagon. They have a lot of cargo room and that could make up for some of the space you'll be missing when you sell your truck. Straight up has a VW TDI also and he'll probably say all the same things I do. As far as dealers go, don't ask them about the engine as most of them don't know what they are talking about unless they are VW geeks. Test drive one with a manual and one in auto if you swing that way and see what you think for yourself. Take it on some hills if you have any around you. I bought mine through the credit union's buying service, worked very well for me, no dealer to mess with
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
          If you get a new one you don't have to worry about the leg room, they are a little bigger than a BMW 3 series. I don't even know if they still put the TDI in the bug??? You could get a Golf, they have 4 doors also for your commuter and get her a Jetta Wagon. They have a lot of cargo room and that could make up for some of the space you'll be missing when you sell your truck. Straight up has a VW TDI also and he'll probably say all the same things I do. As far as dealers go, don't ask them about the engine as most of them don't know what they are talking about unless they are VW geeks. Test drive one with a manual and one in auto if you swing that way and see what you think for yourself. Take it on some hills if you have any around you. I bought mine through the credit union's buying service, worked very well for me, no dealer to mess with
          okay, hey thanks a lot,,

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3069 users online. 179 members and 2890 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X