300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugliest/Most Beautiful Cities

OK, I'm sure most of us here have done at least SOME travelling.
    What are some of the ugliest cities you have been to (within and outside the USA), and what are some of the prettiest and why?

I'll start by saying DC and Toronto are some of my favorites so far.
    Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Have to agree with Toronto and somewhat DC. Outside of Georgetown and downtown that place gets really seedy. I like Boston quite a bit as well.
    Went to Cleveland a few times back in the 80's and realized that the jokes were true, lake was lime green, block upon block of empty buildings and houses etc. Heard it's quite different now.
    In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

I haven't been to a lot of big cities, but I can say that San Francisco will always be at the very top of the list if not the first. It's just too beautiful for any other city to take the cake. The only other city I could think of that might be in the runnings with it would be New York City.

Comment

I think Seattle is one of the most beautiful cities, at least in the U.S. It's on the Puget Sound, with snow-capped mountain views on the east (Cascades) and west (Olympics), with Mount Rainier clearly visible behind the city skyline on clear days.

http://www.ambuehler.ch/trip_reports...90/seattle.jpg

Ugliest city goes to Newark. I was there in the mid 90's, all I remember is spraypaint, litter, boarded up windows, and huge tenament buildings that look almost inhabitable. I have a feeling Detroit would top the list, but i've never been there in person.
        Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Vancouver, British Columbia is nice to look at, surrounded by mountains and all. Toronto is surpisingly clean given its population of about 2.2 million. Boston is also nice.
          "Support Our Troops"

Comment

my 2 cents

I would have to place the following cities at the top of my list

1. Toronto (and the surrounding suburbs), streets are clean and the woman are beautiful. Only gripe (I know this was not part of the questions but the Canadians that ive came across cant mix a good drink for squat).
            2. San Francisco, nice clean city (where were the woman?)
            3. Minneapolis (love this city). Again, clean and overall beautiful (love the woman here as well). I think this must be the best kept secret of the Midwest.
            4. Chicago, I haven

Comment

Originally posted by Troophopeful
              5. Charlotte, another GEM of a city, again very clean
              Not one of the nicest cities I don't think in my opinon, but definitely a nice city. Underrated for sure.

Comment

Cant forget the view of Pittsburgh from entering the Ft. Pitt tunnels. it was voted either first or second best view by Conde Naste Magazone like 2 yrs ago. I love the view of New York while going west on the worlds biggest parking lot the LIE 495. You come around a slight right curve and in the distance you can see the view, well its changed alot since 9-11-01 and its still a great view. Seattle is nice and I LOVE driving around Georgetown, DC...
                Like these of Pittsburgh http://www.post-gazette.com/postcards/
                Last edited by e-man; 09-02-2005, 04:10 PM.
                I got nothing for now

Comment

For ugliest city - I would have to say the South Central areas of L.A. county. Wait....south central is no longer PC now they call it "South Los Angeles county"....whatever...it's still ugly.

For most beautiful city - that is really tough !! I love Laguna Beach and San Clemente, CA... Mendocino (north coast, CA) is also a breathtaking place and an amazing drive. Kona on the main island of Hawaii was quite scenic too. OK....so I can't pick a " Most Beautiful" city....tooooooo many to list !!!
                  [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo]Oh listen tender lumplings let me take you by the hands...I

Comment

best looking city I have been to is chicago
                    worst, by far is Detroit
                    Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

Comment

Ewwww....I forgot about Detriot !!! I went there a few times (while visiting family in Grosse Ile) and that place is a major dive !!! It was almost like being in a third world country - people being attacked on the streets in the middle of the day, drug dealers walking right up to your idling car and potholes large enough to swallow most full-sized cars !!! Yep...Detroit is on my list of ugliest cities too....

Originally posted by NPD21
                      best looking city I have been to is chicago
                      worst, by far is Detroit
                      [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo]Oh listen tender lumplings let me take you by the hands...I

Comment

I still think my city, Richmond, Va. has a great skyline, especially coming north on 95. There are some wonderful neighborhoods, and, well.....some not so good ones.

Chicago I love...St. Paul, Mn. is very clean also.

Worst city?...Philly in some spots, Detroit in most.
                        Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by TheMP5guy
                          Vancouver, British Columbia is nice to look at, surrounded by mountains and all. Toronto is surpisingly clean given its population of about 2.2 million. Boston is also nice.
                          Vancouver is an amazing city, we have it all. beaches, old growth forests, mountians, and a river.

There are times during the year that you can suntan at the beach and ski in the same day.

http://www.vancouverscenes.com/swf/index.html

Comment

I almost forgot about Gary, Indiana, that city almost makes detroit look nice
                            Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

Comment

Not being a city person I really can't say which would be a nice city....cause I'm really not all that fond of any of them. However, I can say with much certainty that the ugliest city in the country hands down has to be Camden, NJ. Anyone that doubts me let me know and I'll take you for a drive through.....just make sure you are armed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5035 users online. 330 members and 4705 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X