300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Driving Until Thy Lower The Price

Until everybody just keeps paying more and more for the gas. they are just going to keep raising the prices.

STOP DRIVING UNTIL THY LOWER THE PRICE

Yea it's going to hurt....job ....fun.....whatever TAKE A STAND

But if you want it fixed.....stop buying it at ridiculous prices

As for me ....I don't care.....I'll just tack onto the freight bill and you will pay for it in the form of higher prices at the store. So if you want to pay eight to ten bucks for a gallon of milk .....keep buying gas at higher and higher prices. It won't be long at this pace.

There was a time when people in this country actually stood up for what they believed in. I can't believe whats happened to this country people. lets get our country back before it's too late
    Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Theirs a difference between not taking a stand, and having to survive. I can't live in my home if I don't buy the gas to get to work. It sucks, but they've got us by the balls, and they know it.
    A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

I work 40 miles from my house. I can't just "stop" driving. I can cut back though.
      If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

I've got about 5 miles from my house to my job....it's going to be a nice bike ride...until it snows.
        si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by Contact
          Theirs a difference between not taking a stand, and having to survive. I can't live in my home if I don't buy the gas to get to work. It sucks, but they've got us by the balls, and they know it.

Not to pick on you personally Contact, but to fix this, it's going to hurt.

We only have two choices
          1. Fix it
          2. Bend over

Either way it's going to hurt.
          Straight Up

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up
            Not to pick on you personally Contact, but to fix this, it's going to hurt.

We only have two choices
            1. Fix it
            2. Bend over

Either way it's going to hurt.
            I agree 100%, However "taking a stand" would leave me homeless within 2 months.
            A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by Contact
              I agree 100%, However "taking a stand" would leave me homeless within 2 months.
              Your right...

Prices keep rising at this rate and you will be homeless in six months.
              My niece paid $5.49 a gallon in Atlanta, Ga. last night. At what price per gallon will people start taking a stand.

I don't know how some of the low wage earners are surviving now. It will not be long until you hear our fine government raising our taxes to feed all the people that can no longer afford to go to work.
              Straight Up

Comment

WOW $5.49 in Hotlanta? Thats nuts. I saw a SUnoco here in Pittsburgh raise prices at about 6pm yesterday, regular went to $2.99 a gallon and super was $3.29 or something. They do have us by the jewels as we cant jsut stop driving, and the truckers are gonna raise there prices and coffee is already talked about going up in price. Coffe here is about $7.99 or less a pound, well see what it is next week. Wish i still had my motorcycle but its a beyotch in the winter
                I got nothing for now

Comment

I replied to this in the other thread made by Bodie. This is simplified. I myself cannot stop driving. I have about a 15 minute drive to work everyday, and commute to classes about the same distance away. I don't go that many other places already, not for a while. I can't stop buying gas. And look at my vehicle, it's not really the best. But I deal with it. I don't see how buying gas on the "do not buy gas day" is going to do anything. Even if they lose a ton of profit from a day, what about the next, and the next? People will continue to buy gas. Period.

Why did your neice buy gas for almost $6 in Atlanta? I bet it's because she had to. Have you told her she shouldn't have and to take a stand? That she is part of the problem?

Comment

The bus is looking better and better. Wish it was an option for work but they don't start running early enough to get me there on time.

What p***es me off is that the gas they are selling for ridiculous prices is gas that they've already paid for.
                    In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

Originally posted by YJ95
                      I replied to this in the other thread made by Bodie. This is simplified. I myself cannot stop driving. I have about a 15 minute drive to work everyday, and commute to classes about the same distance away. I don't go that many other places already, not for a while. I can't stop buying gas. And look at my vehicle, it's not really the best. But I deal with it. I don't see how buying gas on the "do not buy gas day" is going to do anything. Even if they lose a ton of profit from a day, what about the next, and the next? People will continue to buy gas. Period.

Why did your neice buy gas for almost $6 in Atlanta? I bet it's because she had to. Have you told her she shouldn't have and to take a stand? That she is part of the problem?

Five years ago if you told me that I would be buying diesel for three bucks (three times what I was paying) a gallon, I would have told you that you were nuts.

Fast forward five years from now.....

Fuel is nine dollars a gallon. You just fed little Johny a five dollar can of Beene Weene because of the high cost of shipping.

Will you still be saying you cannot stop driving???

My guess is that most people would stop breathing before they stop buying gas
                      Straight Up

Comment

Sorry but I gotta say this: Boo-Freakin-Hoo! I don't like paying that much for gas either, but at least I haven't lost everything I have. My house is standing, I still have my job, and no one from my family was killed. I'm not happy about gas prices, but I thank God for what I do have. Sure, it'll be harder on me paying $5.00 a gallon when it gets to that, but at least I still have my life. Putting everything in perspective, I don't really have much to complain about.
                        Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by keith758
                          I don't like paying that much for gas either, but at least I haven't lost everything I have
                          I think most of us are angry that the gas stations are taking advantage of the situation on the Gulf. Prices in my area have gone up at least 50 cents since Tuesday. This is for gas that has already come from a refinery and paid for. I know the price is going to go up and I keep that in perspective, however there is no need for price gouging.
                          In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

Sorry but I gotta say this: Boo-Freakin-Hoo! I don't like paying that much for gas either, but at least I haven't lost everything I have. My house is standing, I still have my job, and no one from my family was killed. I'm not happy about gas prices, but I thank God for what I do have. Sure, it'll be harder on me paying $5.00 a gallon when it gets to that, but at least I still have my life. Putting everything in perspective, I don't really have much to complain about.
                            very well put...
                            si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Hurricane victims
                              Straight Up

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4912 users online. 263 members and 4649 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X