300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Diet Food?

I have some weight to loose before the academy and I am sick of my method. Popcorn, salad and water. It gets hard eating the same crap everyday. So I was wondering if anyone knows any good foods.
    Very much appreciated.
    "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
    -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Ne Obliviscaris - Do Not Forget

the "abs diet" from Mens health magazine. Check out there website for additional info!

I also recommend cardio!! Sprint training to be specific. If you check out some past threads, I think you'll find all sorts of useful info!!

Good Luck!
    ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

Thanks alot. I am going to read it through.
      "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
      -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Comment

You can lose weight and feel a whole lot better in general by simply switching to all-natural organic foods. Don't buy or eat anything that isn't 100% organic.

Just by cutting out the man-made chemical-filled crap most of us eat every day without thinking you can lose pretty much all the weight you want.
        Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

please dont tell me you are eating popcorn everyday? popcorn is so so bad for you. its loaded with transfats, which are deadly. read up at: http://www.transfats.org

good luck!

Comment

cocaine and meth work pretty good.
            Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Damn tweekers...

Comment

Low-carb works great for quick weight loss, and you get a variety of foods.

I stay below 20g per day when i wanna lose, as a guy you can probably go up to 30g. And do cardio and drink plenty of water.

Comment

Originally posted by MattCO
                  please dont tell me you are eating popcorn everyday? popcorn is so so bad for you. its loaded with transfats, which are deadly. read up at: http://www.transfats.org

good luck!

Yeah for about 2 weeks now. Thats probably why I wasn't getting very far. My whole family is "BIG" My Dad tried the adkins diet he lost 75 pounds then within 3 months he put it back on. So that diet is out.
                  Thanks
                  -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400
                    Low-carb works great for quick weight loss, and you get a variety of foods.

I stay below 20g per day when i wanna lose, as a guy you can probably go up to 30g. And do cardio and drink plenty of water.

Do you put it on relitively quick after you get off the diet?
                    -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Comment

Originally posted by Bluntforcetraum
                      Do you put it on relitively quick after you get off the diet?
                      Well, if you go back to eating TONS of carbs, maybe. But i just watch my eating habits and keep working out after i stop the lowcarb.

But yes, you CAN put it back on fast. I find it's like that with most "diets."

Comment

Originally posted by mobrien316
                        You can lose weight and feel a whole lot better in general by simply switching to all-natural organic foods. Don't buy or eat anything that isn't 100% organic.

Just by cutting out the man-made chemical-filled crap most of us eat every day without thinking you can lose pretty much all the weight you want.
                        This is what I've been trying to do but man it is spendy $$$$, especially on a college student budget.

The good news is that grocery stores seem to be carrying more of this stuff for the last few years, so it is easier to obtain.
                        Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Bluntforce-

Gotta agree with soleil here. "Diets" in the colloquial sense, don't work. You've got to develop a nutrition plan that you can live with for the REST OF YOUR LIFE. Yeah, you can eat nothing but salads, or go low-carb for 3 months, but you're eventually gonna get sick of that at go back to your old ways.

And despite what a lot of people say, not only are carbs good for you, they're essential to performance and brain function. You've just got to pick good carbs.

And don't shy away from fats either. Like carbs, your body needs fats to function. Again, there are good and bad fats.

I eat 5-6 meals a day, and have a high-protein snack right before bed. This keeps me from feeling hungry and keeps my metabolism revved all day.

I eat healthy 6 days a week, and have one cheat day a week (usually Sunday when everyone comes over for a BBQ) where I eat anything I want. This is a good way to keep me from falling off the wagon completely.

Exercise is essential. If you're going to be a cop, your physical conditioning may be the difference in you going home safe at night or not. Pray it doesn't happen to you, but if it does, be ready to get the job done. That means lift weights to get strong, and do lots of cardio to keep fit and your heart strong.

1 extra pound of muscle burns 3,000 calories a month just by resting. 1 pound of fat contains 3,500 calories. Do the math.

Check "The Abs Diet" book that scooterlee recommended. It covers all this, with weight-lifting routines, eating schedules, cardio exercise tips and healthy recipes.
                          *Not a cop*

Comment

I used to work out alot in high school. My senior bench was 265. I gained alot of weight by quiting the workouts and all the muscle turned to fat. Plus I have a beer gut. I need to get rid of it this year.

Is it better to loose the excess weight now then start weight training? Or does it matter?
                            Thanks
                            -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Comment

Originally posted by Bluntforcetraum
                              I used to work out alot in high school. My senior bench was 265. I gained alot of weight by quiting the workouts and all the muscle turned to fat. Plus I have a beer gut. I need to get rid of it this year.

Is it better to loose the excess weight now then start weight training? Or does it matter?
                              Thanks
                              Blaaaaargh! LOL. Muscle doesn't turn into fat. I hope that was just a figure of speech.

It is NEVER too soon to start lifting. It's well-documented that lifting weights burn more calories than cardio. That because the increase in muscle mass, the spike in metabolism and the muscles repairing themselves will burn calories throughout the day, while calories stope burning from cardio as soon as you stop running and catch your breath.

If you get your exercise and nutrition programs dialed in, you can definitely lose that gut in way less than a year.
                              *Not a cop*

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4407 users online. 271 members and 4136 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X