X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welpe
    replied
    Originally posted by Tender Lumpling
    Yes Welpe...you read it right !!! Gas prices in So. CA have always been higher than the rest of the state. I have family in No. Ca and Central Ca - they would always complain about the elevated gas costs when they would come down to So. CA to visit me. Santa Barbara has taken top honors for most expensive gas prices in the state for the last 4 years running (maybe longer than that !!!)
    Amazing. I live in San Luis Obispo and it was much cheaper than that last year.

I also remembering filling up in Huntington Beach when I was there last December and paying a price similar to SLO.

Leave a comment:

• tango3
    replied
    $2.85 for the cheap stuff, $3.05 for premium in Orem, UT. Not as bad as other parts of the U.S., but still hurts when you're a student on part time wages. Maybe its time I start donating plasma again...

Leave a comment:

• Tender Lumpling
    replied
    Yes Welpe...you read it right !!! Gas prices in So. CA have always been higher than the rest of the state. I have family in No. Ca and Central Ca - they would always complain about the elevated gas costs when they would come down to So. CA to visit me. Santa Barbara has taken top honors for most expensive gas prices in the state for the last 4 years running (maybe longer than that !!!)

Originally posted by Welpe
    e-man you were paying $2.49 LAST year? I didn't think it was that high then, it was just under $2.00 a gallon in this area last year.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisF202
    replied
    Originally posted by wannabeenytrp
    $3.59 here in upstate NY, but you can drive 1/2 mile away and it is $2.75?????? Avg is around $3.19.

It is crazy!
    Its even worse down here on LI; $3.69 is the average ... but that was yesterday watch it be a few cents higher now.

Leave a comment:

• Welpe
    replied
    e-man you were paying $2.49 LAST year? I didn't think it was that high then, it was just under $2.00 a gallon in this area last year.

Leave a comment:

• Larry's Angel
    replied
    Unfortunately at least half the stations here are EMPTY! I've heard some talk about some of our state agencies going to the 4 day/10 hour work weeks to try to conserve... and today at work we had as many lights off as possible to conserve energy... the only lights on in the building were in our labs and such.
    Last edited by Larry's Angel; 09-03-2005, 12:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• e-man
    replied
    I guess I should actually answer the original ???, Its $3.19 to $3.39 in Pittsburgh

Leave a comment:

• realluke
    replied
    3.38 a gallon here (NH)

Leave a comment:

• e-man
    replied
    I was in California last year for a few days, went to Disney blah blah blah. OK I almost choked when I had to fork over either $2.49 or $2.75 a gallon. NOW I would LOVE to pay under $3.00 Tonights news said a place in Baltimore was SEVEN bucks a gallon.

Leave a comment:

• Tender Lumpling
    replied
    Geezzz... $3.09 sounds CHEAP to me Bodie !!! On my way out of Cali (during my move to TX) I filled up on gas and paid $3.25/gallon...and that was BEFORE the Katrina hurricane !! California is notorious for their over-inflated gas prices especially in Santa Barbara. For some reason, those poor people pay the highest gas prices in the entire state.

Originally posted by Bodie
    Just paid $3.09 for unleaded regular.
    That is a bit insane. AAA says this labor day will be the least traveled holiday in recent history and I wonder how it is effecting the buying and driving habits of others here.
    We are cutting out unecessary trips etc and will be enjoying home this weekend

The people at the gas station can't afford gas to get to work. Low wage workers are really hurting.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    and yes, they need more refineries,,badly

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    first, i love your last statement.

second, i know it works around that way, and i know that oil companies are banking on this, and thats just it, they dont have to, yet they are, i know stations prices are controled, but you have the same company stations puting diff. prices up, they get it from the same person.

third, you ebay thing is off, that is for a luxury item,, gas is a survival item, without it, you cant function, even here in okc, ok, we dont have trains,, and have very little coverage of public buses, so what do to. the oil dicks are making a killing while others suffer, lose their job, cause they cant get there, loose their house cause they cant work, it has to be happening, just not wide spread right now, we have been looking into buying a house, but our broker told us to wait, cause everything is too volitile right now, if markets start crashing,, we could loose our house,
    public transportation isnt as wide spread as theyd like us to think, alot of people here live outside of the metro cause they cant afford the houses, yet they work in the metro, if they cant drive, they cant work, then all kinds of market s are going to start to go under.

Leave a comment:

• Magnum314
    replied
    Gas Econ 101

Ok folks a little gas station pricing 101. Let me preface this by saying that I don

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    Originally posted by RabbitMPD
    I noticed the same thing. In my town on the far west side it was 3.09 yesterday and on the far east side it was 3.39 and they were both Shell gas stations! How does that make any sense???
    i know, this is just totally baffling to me, other than price gouging!!

i have seen stores that i know are national chains that have very high prices, and stores that i have never heard of before i moved here, are cheaper. doesnt add up to me, other than dicks cashing in and making fatter wallets.

Leave a comment:

• wannabeenytrp
    replied
    $3.59 here in upstate NY, but you can drive 1/2 mile away and it is $2.75?????? Avg is around $3.19.

It is crazy!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3626 users online. 248 members and 3378 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X