300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man the corolla is going to become americas favorite car soon

what sucks for us in NY is the state adds so much tax that we will really get it we usually pay 21 cents more.

Comment

Well....as much as I am all for free enterprise and market prices.... society leaves us little choice. We need to buy gasoline like it or not...gouging prices or not....and I think it is indeed unreasonable at the pump. Not just because I am hurting because of it.

What first ****es me off is that fact that the mess in the gulf could not have that much impact on the gas at your local pump yesterday. It did not cost $3 to MAKE that gallon of gas you just put in your car. (I understand it works in reverse too)

Second....we need to send a very clear message that we want the oil companies to start drilling where they can find oil. I'm sorry...but the carabou are doing just fine with the pipeline. They will do just fine with an oil rig on the horizon also.

Third...stop all the insanity when someone wants to build a friggin refinary. I was hearing a while back about some guy who has been trying to build a new refinary for something like 10 years....they were STILL bogged down in red tape. Give me a stinkin break!
      An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

beat the gas price

If you want to get the best deal on gas in your city,

just enter this website...it will help.

http://www.phoenixgasprices.com/

If you live in a different city, just substitute your city name for phoenix.

that is all....

Comment

I just want to know one thing, how in the heck is gas in the northwest part of town 30 - 40 cents a gallon higher than the gas on the other end of town? that makes absolutly no sense other than some owners want to screw the heck out of the residents.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
            I just want to know one thing, how in the heck is gas in the northwest part of town 30 - 40 cents a gallon higher than the gas on the other end of town? that makes absolutly no sense other than some owners want to screw the heck out of the residents.
            I noticed the same thing. In my town on the far west side it was 3.09 yesterday and on the far east side it was 3.39 and they were both Shell gas stations! How does that make any sense???
            It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up
              My niece paid $5.49 a gallon in Atlanta, Ga. Late night.
              Your neice should have drove off without paying. It would be hard for the attendant to argue who is ripping off who.

Comment

$3.59 here in upstate NY, but you can drive 1/2 mile away and it is $2.75?????? Avg is around $3.19.

It is crazy!
                Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitMPD
                  I noticed the same thing. In my town on the far west side it was 3.09 yesterday and on the far east side it was 3.39 and they were both Shell gas stations! How does that make any sense???
                  i know, this is just totally baffling to me, other than price gouging!!

i have seen stores that i know are national chains that have very high prices, and stores that i have never heard of before i moved here, are cheaper. doesnt add up to me, other than dicks cashing in and making fatter wallets.

Comment

Gas Econ 101

Ok folks a little gas station pricing 101. Let me preface this by saying that I don

Comment

first, i love your last statement.

second, i know it works around that way, and i know that oil companies are banking on this, and thats just it, they dont have to, yet they are, i know stations prices are controled, but you have the same company stations puting diff. prices up, they get it from the same person.

third, you ebay thing is off, that is for a luxury item,, gas is a survival item, without it, you cant function, even here in okc, ok, we dont have trains,, and have very little coverage of public buses, so what do to. the oil dicks are making a killing while others suffer, lose their job, cause they cant get there, loose their house cause they cant work, it has to be happening, just not wide spread right now, we have been looking into buying a house, but our broker told us to wait, cause everything is too volitile right now, if markets start crashing,, we could loose our house,
                      public transportation isnt as wide spread as theyd like us to think, alot of people here live outside of the metro cause they cant afford the houses, yet they work in the metro, if they cant drive, they cant work, then all kinds of market s are going to start to go under.

Comment

and yes, they need more refineries,,badly

Comment

Geezzz... $3.09 sounds CHEAP to me Bodie !!! On my way out of Cali (during my move to TX) I filled up on gas and paid $3.25/gallon...and that was BEFORE the Katrina hurricane !! California is notorious for their over-inflated gas prices especially in Santa Barbara. For some reason, those poor people pay the highest gas prices in the entire state.

Originally posted by Bodie
                          Just paid $3.09 for unleaded regular.
                          That is a bit insane. AAA says this labor day will be the least traveled holiday in recent history and I wonder how it is effecting the buying and driving habits of others here.
                          We are cutting out unecessary trips etc and will be enjoying home this weekend

The people at the gas station can't afford gas to get to work. Low wage workers are really hurting.
                          [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo]Oh listen tender lumplings let me take you by the hands...I

Comment

I was in California last year for a few days, went to Disney blah blah blah. OK I almost choked when I had to fork over either $2.49 or $2.75 a gallon. NOW I would LOVE to pay under $3.00 Tonights news said a place in Baltimore was SEVEN bucks a gallon.
                            I got nothing for now

Comment

3.38 a gallon here (NH)
                              but ossifer im not to drive to drunk

Comment

I guess I should actually answer the original ???, Its $3.19 to $3.39 in Pittsburgh
                                I got nothing for now

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5567 users online. 378 members and 5189 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X