Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know plenty of folks with 4 cyl cars who are bitching just as much as the SUV owners. WTF does it matter what kind of car you drive? I guess only the people allowed to be ticked off about the skyrocketing gas prices are the ones who drive cars that get 25 miles a gallon.
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

One station in Annapolis,Md. has it at $3.51 for regular and one a block away has it at $2.71.

You tell me what's missing here? Price gouging at it's best
      Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by The Colonel(44)
        in Atlanta Ga on CBS nightly news at a BP station it was $6.57 a gallon for regular unleaded,:

WTF is that ****.....that station should be burned to the ground and Raheem the owner bitch slapped
        Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
          I know plenty of folks with 4 cyl cars who are bitching just as much as the SUV owners. WTF does it matter what kind of car you drive? I guess only the people allowed to be ticked off about the skyrocketing gas prices are the ones who drive cars that get 25 miles a gallon.
          i get 30 + miles per gallon, i got rid of my gas guzzler chevy last dec. damn right im mad, it takes $60 to fill it up, 18 gal tank. i did my part,,, now what.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller
            WTF is that ****.....that station should be burned to the ground and Raheem the owner bitch slapped
            same thing here, not that high, but , i found out that there are a handfull of stations here that get their oil 100% from foriegn sources, so why are they the highest in town???????? but the stations that are not on the "foreign oil" list are still 20 cents cheaper.

Comment

I have to fill up tomorrow after class. I get around 15 mpg with my Jeep. It's been a big change the past year since I got rid of my Accord. Now it's hitting even harder, but I can't give up my Jeep, never will. At least not because of gas prices. I just limit my driving and lump trips together.

Comment

The U.S. should have begun developing alternative fuels/more efficient vehicles back in the 70's when the embargo hit us.

We are still paying less than Europe. A friend in Australia pays about $6 a gallon. It may have gone up even more.

I see lots of SUVs will be piling up on the new and used car lots.
                Aude Sapere

Comment

Originally posted by Evtech
                  The U.S. should have begun developing alternative fuels/more efficient vehicles back in the 70's when the embargo hit us.

We are still paying less than Europe. A friend in Australia pays about $6 a gallon. It may have gone up even more.

I see lots of SUVs will be piling up on the new and used car lots.
                  Hopefully this will finally be the catalyst to get the ball rolling. Well one can dream. Damn I think it is time to get a scooter, this is just insane.
                  Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
                    I too know plenty of folks with 4 cyl cars who complain too, hell I'm complaining too. But my point was that the news interviews, and the people who I get to hear most of the time at work have these massive vehicles w/ tons of $$ to burn on "Luxury Items" and they are the ones who I hear bitching about how they are going to have to change their "Lifestyle." It's like when Latrell Spreewell said "I can't afford to feed my family w/ that contract." The people who I hear complaining the most seem to have the most. Like I said I was just venting from watching the news and making observations at work.
                    Caught in the action of kill or be killed, greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his brother.

RIP brother and sister officers who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUMach1
                      I too know plenty of folks with 4 cyl cars who complain too, hell I'm complaining too. But my point was that the news interviews, and the people who I get to hear most of the time at work have these massive vehicles w/ tons of $$ to burn on "Luxury Items" and they are the ones who I hear bitching about how they are going to have to change their "Lifestyle." It's like when Latrell Spreewell said "I can't afford to feed my family w/ that contract." The people who I hear complaining the most seem to have the most. Like I said I was just venting from watching the news and making observations at work.
                      One thing to consider is that there are a lot of people who live way above their means. They have the fancy car, house, clothes but also a ton of debt. Higher gas prices are just adding to that. Of course that is completely their fault for not properly managing their money, but it's not like some of them are upset because they have to fire a groundskeeper for their golf course at the Hamptons.
                      Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
                        One thing to consider is that there are a lot of people who live way above their means. They have the fancy car, house, clothes but also a ton of debt. Higher gas prices are just adding to that. Of course that is completely their fault for not properly managing their money, but it's not like some of them are upset because they have to fire a groundskeeper for their golf course at the Hamptons.
                        Well stated, and true.
                        Caught in the action of kill or be killed, greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his brother.

RIP brother and sister officers who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Comment

It's 3.09 here in Columbus OH too. Although I heard its could be 4.00 by the end of the weekend. Don't know how true that is, but at this rate it wouldn't surprise me. I'd start walking to work if i didn't live half an hour away.

Comment

Until everybody just keeps paying more and more for the gas. they are just going to keep raising the prices.

STOP DRIVING UNTIL THY LOWER THE PRICE

Yea it's going to hurt....job ....fun.....whatever TAKE A STAND

But if you want it fixed.....stop buying it at ridiculous prices

As for me ....I don't care.....I'll just tack onto the freight bill and you will pay for it in the form of higher prices at the store. So if you want to pay eight to ten bucks for a gallon of milk .....keep buying gas at higher and higher prices. It won't be long at this pace.

There was a time when people in this country actually stood up for what they believed in. I can't believe whats happened to this country people. lets get our country back before it's too late
                            Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

My niece paid $5.49 a gallon in Atlanta, Ga. Late night.
                              Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up
                                Until everybody just keeps paying more and more for the gas. they are just going to keep raising the prices.

STOP DRIVING UNTIL THY LOWER THE PRICE

Yea it's going to hurt....job ....fun.....whatever TAKE A STAND

But if you want it fixed.....stop buying it at ridiculous prices

As for me ....I don't care.....I'll just tack onto the freight bill and you will pay for it in the form of higher prices at the store. So if you want to pay eight to ten bucks for a gallon of milk .....keep buying gas at higher and higher prices. It won't be long at this pace.

There was a time when people in this country actually stood up for what they believed in. I can't believe whats happened to this country people. lets get our country back before it's too late

Give me a break. It is impossible to do this. Even if a few did, it won't do anything at all. I would guess that the majority of people live too far away from where they work to not drive. Sure you can carpool, but that means someone still is buying gas. People have to work to live, it's simple. And all this "Don't buy gas on the 9th, or 11th, or whatever." It won't work.

And before this huge spike in price, they did a thing on our local news. It focused on the drive offs and the older man that was dragged and killed attempted to stop someone from driving off without paying his $52 bill. That man was owner of the store, and only made $.01 off of every gallon sold. That is much of what others are making as well. Now after the hurricane, I'm sure many jacked up their prices.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2980 users online. 161 members and 2819 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X