300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Meth: A County In Crisis"

Tonight there was a show on A&E that was quite interesting and quite maddening all at once. I believe the show was called
    Last edited by medic_9; 08-28-2005, 10:56 PM.

I just never understood what the problem with drugs is..

Why do we have to arrest all these people.. If they want to ruin their lives and screw themselves up, let them!!!! The way I figure it, that is less competition for my kids to have to put up with later on..

A person with a fried brain doesn't take up those valuable jobs!

Lets make an island for them and let them do all the drugs they want..

I think part of our problem is that we are too compassionate sometimes.

I learned early on that the best way to stop a kid from smoking is to take him into a cancer ward in a hospital.. Let them look at the people who's faces are melting off. Its a motivation for sure!

Comment

They had a really good story inside the August 8th issue of Newsweek.
      "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
      -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Ne Obliviscaris - Do Not Forget

Comment

RobSlig - I completely agree. Let Darwin take them all! I have no argument with putting them all on an island as long as I don't have to pay for it!

Comment

I saw that show a few nights ago.

I tend to agree that we should allow Darwinian theory to succeed or fail except in the case of Meth Labs. These people put their own children and whole communities at risk of exposure to a lot of poisons or death by explosion.
          Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
          --------------------------------------------------
          Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
          --------------------------------------------------
          Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

METH The State of Ohio In Crisis

This cheap and easy to make drug has the whole state here in crisis. Rural Sheriff's are faced with meth labs. Inner city apartments are being used also plus propane, ammonia and other thefts and the transporting dangers of these chemicals is a real hazard.
            The inexpensive product makes it too affordable that kids and low income people can afford to get and stay hooked and kill what few brain cells they once had and the taxpayers end up footing the bill for either jail time or for medical rehabilitation etc.

Comment

Meth is a big problem here. Farmers get their anhydrous ammonia tanks stolen all the time. Most of our counties are extremely rural, with small sheriffs departments, so it's easy for these scumbags to set up labs and stay under the radar for a while. I always like reading in the news when they bust those things.
              si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Anyone who thinks we should stop arresting those in the drug trade aren't looking deeply enough into the issue. The problem is not the drug, but what people will do to get it. When you consider that the vast majority of property crime is to obtain money to support drug addiction, the number of children neglected due to drug addiction, and the risk to the community due to drug related violence and production, there is no choice but to enforce drug laws. Innocent people become the victims of drug addiction. That is the issue; not the stupid addict. The only exception, in my mind, is marijuana. Although I have never used it, I know plenty of people who have and still do. The damage caused by marijuana use is very minimal, and less than that of alcohol. This is not true of other illegal drugs. Legalization of cocaine, meth, heroine, etc., is not the answer.
                God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Po-po
                  Legalization of cocaine, meth, heroine, etc., is not the answer.
                  Agreed!

But....Making Cough and Cold Medicine (Sudafed, Contac) a prescription isn't going to do anything but create hassle on people and overburden on the medical system...

Comment

We had a idiot here burn his penis OFF while stealing anhydrous amonia a couple of years ago 1 year later he was caught trying to steal more. The only problem I have with not enforcing the drug laws is the damage these addicts do as far as thefts, accidents while high, Officer assaults, abuse of family members, ect. I personally think public hanging should be brought back for the makers and dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigun
                      We had a idiot here burn his penis OFF while stealing anhydrous amonia a couple of years ago 1 year later he was caught trying to steal more. The only problem I have with not enforcing the drug laws is the damage these addicts do as far as thefts, accidents while high, Officer assaults, abuse of family members, ect. I personally think public hanging should be brought back for the makers and dealers.
                      Well if he hasn't reproduced already, that just guaranteed he won't!
                      Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3907 users online. 257 members and 3650 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X