300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First installment

Ok, it is Sunday morning. I am packed and ready to go. I have everything I need, except a few items that I will pick up at my old base when I enlist. Since I am goint to another Guard unit, they will swear me in at my old base. The chaplain is going to do it for me. After that I begin my journey, which will include stops to see TK and Squad.

I am getting paid for the weight that I move out there myself. I weighed my truck empty at 5780, and full 6980. So, 1200 pounds of crap.

I will update, or have someone update for me, as I travel, and pics will be posted.
    RIP Brett Thompson, 17, 09/12/1989-09/14/2006

Seatbelts save lives

That's a lot of weight you're moving there....hope CBP doesn't catch you crossing through Canada.

OK seriously, I hope you have a safe trip and enjoy it up there in AK.
    Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Good luck!

And have a safe trip. Without losing all your stuff.
      You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some Watery Tart threw a sword at you! I mean, if I went around saying I was an Emperor because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, people would put me away!

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
        That's a lot of weight you're moving there....hope CBP doesn't catch you crossing through Canada.

OK seriously, I hope you have a safe trip and enjoy it up there in AK.
        Thanks. Welpe and foxfyre.

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Have a safe trip!
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
          and I'm not sure about the former.
          -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Where ever you go, be safe, honey.

Comment

Originally posted by Soleil_nuage
              Have a good trip. And remember always wear your seatbelt, don't drive too fast, and don't pick up strangers.
              ...and always wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident!
              Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

...and keep an extra set of car keys in your pocket. Have fun and have a safe trip, usaf!
                All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

Ok, my first day behind me, with over 1000 miles traveled. I am stopping for about five or six hours at a Hampton Inn in Ohio, less then 30 miles from IN. I am tired. Bye

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

1000 miles and you're safe - that is good to hear!

I will give you a call tomorrow from work!

Careful out there

Comment

Now 4500 miles behind me, and seven hundred to my brother's place. I will get there tomorrow, and spend a week there before driving another three hundred to my base. And yes, still safe and sound

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Having been there before, Fort Wainwright, I will tell three things to watch out for
                        Kelly

We are the thin blue line
                        between you
                        and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Have a safe trip to your new home. Sorry this is a bit late.
                          "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                          Not Yet Visited: 16
                          Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

[QUOTE=1sgkelly]Having been there before, Fort Wainwright, I will tell three things to watch out for

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Originally posted by usafcop64528
                              Now 4500 miles behind me, and seven hundred to my brother's place. I will get there tomorrow, and spend a week there before driving another three hundred to my base. And yes, still safe and sound

Glad to hear it, usaf!
                              All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4034 users online. 256 members and 3778 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X