Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 9 ft. wide panels have been ripped off the superdome. You could see daylight in the roof in the picture they just showed.

Just said that it was just fabric covering the metal frame, but water is still coming in through those holes.
    Last edited by YJ95; 08-29-2005, 09:46 AM.

Comment

I think my department may be sending some of us over to relief efforts when the hurricane passes. If so I'll be going.

I wish the best of luck to everyone there.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of LA, Miss, and AL. I went through 4 Hurricanes last year and understand what they are going through fortunatly for us it wasnt a cat 4 storm. To all our Fellow LEO's in those states Fair The well Brothers and Sisters you are in our thoughts and prayers!!!
        I've got friends in low places

Comment

My in-laws are on the North Shore close to New O. across the lake.

We talked to them this a.m.....cant get in touch with them now. Just praying and waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dash
            I think my department may be sending some of us over to relief efforts when the hurricane passes. If so I'll be going.

I wish the best of luck to everyone there.
            Thank you!

Comment

According to msn.ca it's now a category 2 hurricane. I guess that's a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by Praetorian
                ...Quarter. French Quarter.
                We can survive Mardi Gras every year, so this hurricane is nothing.
                Throw me somethin' mista!
                WOW....its kind of sad seeing New O. shredded like that. I had to change the channel.

The Dome will survive the winds, but I am not sure if it will survive the chaos that lack of A/C and working toilets causes. I doubt they confiscated all the weapons people were trying to take in there earlier. I cant even think about it now...just happy that my famly is semi-safe on the North Shore.

Comment

Well I made it out New Orleans after a 10 hr 30 min trip (usu. takes 4 hrs.). Cars were bumper to bumper the whole way. It was made worse by the fact that people were getting out of their cars, wondering down the interstate, jogging along cares, taking pets on walks, and people running off to pee in the woods tp in hand.
                  One car I passed was completely engulfed in flees. Numerous cars on the interstate broken down some with about 16 people for just two cars. At one point I saw a truck filled with 10 kids in the back going about 80mph. I guess they had no other way to get them all out, but they were just asking for accident they way they were driving.
                  From different reports I have heard we might be let in on Friday, others say not til Monday morning. Also in my neighborhood, it is has been said no water another thing I heard said 9 ft and up to the roofs in my area.
                  Also praetorian who is Slidell north of us from I have heard had high flooding, so when you get back on let us know how things are.
                  When I get back I will be with camera and videocamera taking as many pictures as I get. I'm sure everybody is tired of hearing the same crap as I am on the news, but if anybody wants I will send them when I get some pics. That's all for know.

Comment

I think this was on Fox News yesterday at lunch, but this retarded reporter went outside in the hurricane to show people what its like. Im sure most of us can imagine it, but it was great watching the dumbarse get blown on his arse.

Comment

Originally posted by mark7777
                      Urgent - Weather Message
                      National Weather Service New Orleans La
                      1011 Am Cdt Sun Aug 28 2005

...devastating Damage Expected...

.hurricane Katrina...a Most Powerful Hurricane With Unprecedented Strength...rivaling The Intensity Of Hurricane Camille Of 1969.

Most Of The Area Will Be Uninhabitable For Weeks...perhaps Longer. At Least One Half Of Well Constructed Homes Will Have Roof And Wall Failure. All Gabled Roofs Will Fail...leaving Those Homes Severely Damaged Or Destroyed.

The Majority Of Industrial Buildings Will Become Non Functional. Partial To Complete Wall And Roof Failure Is Expected. All Wood Framed Low Rising Apartment Buildings Will Be Destroyed. Concrete Block Low Rise Apartments Will Sustain Major Damage...including Some Wall And Roof Failure.

High Rise Office And Apartment Buildings Will Sway Dangerously...a Few To The Point Of Total Collapse. All Windows Will Blow Out.

Airborne Debris Will Be Widespread...and May Include Heavy Items Such As Household Appliances And Even Light Vehicles. Sport Utility Vehicles And Light Trucks Will Be Moved. The Blown Debris Will Create Additional Destruction. Persons...pets...and Livestock Exposed To The Winds Will Face Certain Death If Struck.

Power Outages Will Last For Weeks...as Most Power Poles Will Be Down And Transformers Destroyed. Water Shortages Will Make Human Suffering Incredible By Modern Standards.

The Vast Majority Of Native Trees Will Be Snapped Or Uprooted. Only The Heartiest Will Remain Standing...but Be Totally Defoliated. Few Crops Will Remain. Livestock Left Exposed To The Winds Will Bekilled.

An Inland Hurricane Wind Warning Is Issued When Sustained Winds Near Hurricane Force...or Frequent Gusts At Or Above Hurricane Force...are Certain Within The Next 12 To 24 Hours.

Once Tropical Storm And Hurricane Force Winds Onset...do Not Venture Outside!

Check out this page about halfway down. That NWS bulletin was a fake. NWS would not dare issue something that would actually scare people that much. Inform, not freak out.

Comment

Originally posted by HailStorm
                        Check out this page about halfway down. That NWS bulletin was a fake. NWS would not dare issue something that would actually scare people that much. Inform, not freak out.
                        I can assure you this message was NOT fake. This was a real message from the National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center. It was posted HERE as a non-precip weather product (NPW). It was also posted HERE (click on numbers to see all the messages. Your "fake" message is on page 8) and HERE.

This was a real message from the National Weather Service. I know your CrownVic buddies are experts at finding weather information but what they need to realize is the messages change continuously. The other messages they posted were also true but so was the original. They were even quoting it on FOX news and CNN. Check out THIS THREAD from a forum full of storm chasers.
                        Last edited by RabbitMPD; 08-30-2005, 02:37 PM.
                        It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by The Colonel(44)
                          Man,I remember Hurricane Camille in 1969 and Katrina is equal to that Storm,I was at Lowes in Corinth,Ms and bought a Generator for $499 and in the space of 30 minutes They(Lowes sold out 12 generators alot of people were buying them up for relatives in La and southern Mississippi,In Tennessee where I live,they are bracing for sustain winds of 60 to 70 mph and rainfall in the 6 to 9 inch range,I took a bid from a tree surgeon last week for $2,000 to top out 5 trees,Iam praying that the Good Lord will lay them down without damaging my home.I have to be on the road tuesday traveling in this stuff.I was hoping the storm would turn toward Texas but no such luck.Last time I was without electricty for more than a week was IceStorm 1994,also spent and additional $50.00 on gasoline,got it at a good price $2.32 a gallon
                          I survived That Wild Weather in Tennessee last night,no damage to my house and trees stood only small limbs and debri everywhere,about 3 days work,actually Memphis was hit hard 100,000 people without electricty most back on now,all around my county the power was out,but Thank God not in my neigborhood,I donated money to the Katrina Victims in NO,and Ms Gulf Coast vicitms through American Red Cross,I feel for Le in those areas with all that looting in NO!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitMPD
                            I can assure you this message was NOT fake. This was a real message from the National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center. It was posted HERE as a non-precip weather product (NPW). It was also posted HERE (click on numbers to see all the messages. Your "fake" message is on page 8) and HERE.

This was a real message from the National Weather Service. I know your CrownVic buddies are experts at finding weather information but what they need to realize is the messages change continuously. The other messages they posted were also true but so was the original. They were even quoting it on FOX news and CNN. Check out THIS THREAD from a forum full of storm chasers.
                            Yeah, and all of it pretty much came true.
                            Total devastation...wont be the same for years to come, if ever.
                            Some of it is too awful to even watch.

I cant get ahold of family/friends who live in Long Beach, MS, right near Gulfport. I dont know how to find out anything.

I cant imagine what its like to go thru what the people of that area are going thru.

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400
                              Yeah, and all of it pretty much came true.
                              Total devastation...wont be the same for years to come, if ever.
                              Some of it is too awful to even watch.

I cant get ahold of family/friends who live in Long Beach, MS, right near Gulfport. I dont know how to find out anything.

I cant imagine what its like to go thru what the people of that area are going thru.
                              One of our firefighters had the same thing his parents live in meridian miss and he was scared to death. He contacted the red cross and got a call today that they went to the address and checked and his parents are fine but the house was damaged heavily. But at least he knows know and is flying down by friday to bring them up to NY for awhile.
                              I would try the red cross.

Comment

Just a little update. The looters are everywhere stealing stuff and they have been shooting at the police officers with AK47's. They are breaking in the stores and stealing weapons. There was one NOPD officer shot today in the forehead, but is expected to live thank God. The people are going in the police stations and just shooting at the cops.

Most of the grocery stores and ATMs are destroyed. Alligators and snakes are swimming in Jefferson Parish, where I live. Also in this area there have been reports of fresh bodies floating down the river. The levee near my sister's apt. broke and has been washing away some of the most famous restaurants around the parish line.

The hole in the levee is about 600 ft long. Some special team is supposed to be dropping 3000lb sandbags. If they don't fix this hole they have said it could be up to 15 ft of water. The newest report was that people will be allowed back in next week with local id only to get essentials and told to get out of town for a month. Which for my sister and I could be a problem because we still have our parent's address, which is hours away.

Someone had asked me about the northshore. From what I know the slidell area was devestated most with trees and debris not so much flooding. The covington area from what I understand is in a lot better shape than the other areas.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5387 users online. 282 members and 5105 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X