300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YJ95
    I just thought that alittle while ago while watching them stand in line. I thought "what if part of the dome just rips off?" I doubt it will, but deep inside I have some really bad feeling about that dome. I hope I'm wrong.
    They are now predicting that the French Corridor will not exist after this storm. However, there are still thousands of people in the French Corridor.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Someone on MSNBC just commented on the whole human waste, chemicals, and coffins that will be floating in NO after the flooding. They said that it would be a "major environmental disaster of biblical proprortions." Also said that close to 1 million will be homeless, and 60-80% of all homes will be destroyed. Seems to just be getting worse and worse for these people. Keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitMPD
        They are now predicting that the French Corridor will not exist after this storm. However, there are still thousands of people in the French Corridor.
        ...Quarter. French Quarter.
        We can survive Mardi Gras every year, so this hurricane is nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Praetorian
          ...Quarter. French Quarter.
          We can survive Mardi Gras every year, so this hurricane is nothing.
          Ok, now I'm confused. There is something referred to as the French Corridor too, like a larger geographic area of sites and certain architecture.

I didn't see the press release about what was going to be destroyed, so I thought I'd check google on this corridor term.

Are they both correct terms?

Comment

Man,I remember Hurricane Camille in 1969 and Katrina is equal to that Storm,I was at Lowes in Corinth,Ms and bought a Generator for $499 and in the space of 30 minutes They(Lowes sold out 12 generators alot of people were buying them up for relatives in La and southern Mississippi,In Tennessee where I live,they are bracing for sustain winds of 60 to 70 mph and rainfall in the 6 to 9 inch range,I took a bid from a tree surgeon last week for $2,000 to top out 5 trees,Iam praying that the Good Lord will lay them down without damaging my home.I have to be on the road tuesday traveling in this stuff.I was hoping the storm would turn toward Texas but no such luck.Last time I was without electricty for more than a week was IceStorm 1994,also spent and additional $50.00 on gasoline,got it at a good price $2.32 a gallon

Comment

Originally posted by Ken K
              Ok, now I'm confused. There is something referred to as the French Corridor too, like a larger geographic area of sites and certain architecture.

I didn't see the press release about what was going to be destroyed, so I thought I'd check google on this corridor term.

Nope he's right. Its the French Quarter. That's what I meant anyway. Whoops!
              It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitMPD
                Nope he's right. Its the French Quarter. That's what I meant anyway. Whoops!
                Well Rabbit MPD this storm will make up for all those Tornadoes we did'nt get to see in the spring and summer 05 .Maybe you ought to start a thread on Hurricanes instead of Tornadoes as they are striking more of the Gulf Coast States from Florida to Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Colonel(44)
                  Well Rabbit MPD this storm will make up for all those Tornadoes we did'nt get to see in the spring and summer 05 .Maybe you ought to start a thread on Hurricanes instead of Tornadoes as they are striking more of the Gulf Coast States from Florida to Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Yeah no kidding. To be honest, I really don't have a whole lot of knowledge on hurricanes although it is something I'd like to learn more about. I can tell you this hurricane has sustained winds of an F2 tornado. It isn't a hurricane anymore. It's a giant tornado.

I don't think I'm going to sleep much tonight. I've been glued to FOX news all day and tracking it on the internet. I'm not sure how good this webcam will do but I'm keeping an eye on it to see what happens. Here is the link: http://www.tropicalisle.com/webcam.html

Comment

Dayum, this is some serious stuff. It ain't no joke when they say Katrina is vicious. I feel for those in the area where Katrina is headed to. But of course, I would never know what they are going through unless I experience the non-sense myself. Saying a prayer is the least I can do for now.

Comment

Here is some live feed of the hurricane watch nets and other scanners in the area.

http://ve3nsv.no-ip.org:8000/status.xsl

Comment

Originally posted by Ken K

Never heard of French Corridor.
                        We've got the Irish Channel and the French Quarter...that's bout it

Comment

I usually think the weather people are some of the WORST over-hypers in all of media...but i dont know this time.

I hope the storm weakens. If it stays a 5, its surely gonna be real bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400
                            I usually think the weather people are some of the WORST over-hypers in all of media...but i dont know this time.

I hope the storm weakens. If it stays a 5, its surely gonna be real bad.
                            I was talking to a friend of mine who knows quite a bit about hurricanes and he says even if this was a catagory 4, it would be just as bad. It's not the wind they are worried about, it's the flooding. A catagory 4 will cause about the same ammount of flooding as a catagory 5.

Comment

Yeah. The main problem is that we have lost like, 1/3 of our wetlands in the last couple of decades. Those wetlands served as a hurrican buffer.
                              And when the water goes over the levees, it has no where to go. I think those levees hurt us more than they help us. I read that it is the levees fault that we are losing our wetlands because they divert the sediment to the Gulf instead of into the wetlands.

Comment

Heres a radar view:

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA...-vis-loop.html

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4111 users online. 258 members and 3853 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X