300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty Nest!

The ole saying Time really flies and that is correct,I have had the privelege to be a part of a family these past 15 years,from preschool,elementary,middle school and the long awaited High School graduation.All of the activities from Brownie Scouts,Cub Scouts,Tee-Ball,little league sports,fund raisers,sleepovers,camping,boating,church trips,even up to the times when they asked to stop a block away as not to embrass them in front of their peers at the movies.Two line phones,internet,the list is endless.Why Iam reflecting on all of this,to say to each of you parents out there enjoy your Days with your children no matter the age it passes all to quickly.We took our last child (Melanie) to college 5 hours away from home,on Friday August 19th she was rushing for college sororities waiting inline for (3) hours to move her into her Dorm room,LE did a fanastic job maintaing order.Our cell phone bill for next month will be high for sure but well worth it,As I type this up at 644pm CST the house is really quiet and peaceful now,but could hear the local HS band practicing for tonights 2nd home game.My Melanie should be leading the Band as Drum Major and we should be sitting in the reserved section cheering her on like we did last year.I married a ready made family,but feel like I was the one who was adopted and now the Home is silent.My wife cried for a couple of days I was numb and held her in my arms.When your days are hectic with rushed schedules remember it too shall pass and enjoy the fleeting moments!

Originally posted by The Colonel(44)
    The ole saying Time really flies and that is correct,I have had the privelege to be a part of a family these past 15 years,from preschool,elementary,middle school and the long awaited High School graduation.All of the activities from Brownie Scouts,Cub Scouts,Tee-Ball,little league sports,fund raisers,sleepovers,camping,boating,church trips,even up to the times when they asked to stop a block away as not to embrass them in front of their peers at the movies.Two line phones,internet,the list is endless.Why Iam reflecting on all of this,to say to each of you parents out there enjoy your Days with your children no matter the age it passes all to quickly.We took our last child (Melanie) to college 5 hours away from home,on Friday August 19th she was rushing for college sororities waiting inline for (3) hours to move her into her Dorm room,LE did a fanastic job maintaing order.Our cell phone bill for next month will be high for sure but well worth it,As I type this up at 644pm CST the house is really quiet and peaceful now,but could hear the local HS band practicing for tonights 2nd home game.My Melanie should be leading the Band as Drum Major and we should be sitting in the reserved section cheering her on like we did last year.I married a ready made family,but feel like I was the one who was adopted and now the Home is silent.My wife cried for a couple of days I was numb and held her in my arms.When your days are hectic with rushed schedules remember it too shall pass and enjoy the fleeting moments!
    man alive, talk about a buzz kill, i dont even wanna go there.

Comment

Aw...
      My parents don't feel the empty nest syndrome as much. My college is 30 minutes away and I come home on weekends.
      Good luck to your daughter!

Is she doing band in college?

Comment

Originally posted by Praetorian
        Aw...
        My parents don't feel the empty nest syndrome as much. My college is 30 minutes away and I come home on weekends.
        Good luck to your daughter!

Is she doing band in college?
        No I truly wish she was,but she spent (6) years in middle& High School Band.She said she wants to do intermurial sports she has 8 years of college ahead of her,but it too passes quickly,it has already been a week since we took her,David her brother is a junior with a major in Business&Music.

Comment

Originally posted by The Colonel(44)
          No I truly wish she was,but she spent (6) years in middle& High School Band.She said she wants to do intermurial sports she has 8 years of college ahead of her,but it too passes quickly,it has already been a week since we took her,David her brother is a junior with a major in Business&Music.
          Whoa...double major in business and music?
          Or major in Business, minor in music?

Comment

Originally posted by Praetorian
            Whoa...double major in business and music?
            Or major in Business, minor in music?

Or is The Colonel going to retire in 10 years because his daughter is going to be a lawyer or a doctor.

Actually, I am leaving for school tomorrow as well. The last on in the house, besides for the dog. And my parents are waiting for him to die, so they can leave whenever they can. Also to truly have an empty house.

Comment

Whew, only 16 more years until our nest is empty....

Enjoy it, colonel, sounds like you've earned it, soon enough you'll be bouncin' grandbabies on your knees.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5675 users online. 311 members and 5364 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X