Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you are Old when you have to!!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you are Old when you have to!!!

I was in Murfreesboro,Tn this past Monday and stopped to pick up some Adult beverages,I was staying at the BestWestern Hotel next to I24,well the bottles were not the twist the top off tops it required a old fashion bottle opener.So I stopped off at the front desk and asked the clerk if she had one,She said no so I walked over to the Cracker Barrel Restaurant and asked the young cashier,If they sold any,He said he did'nt understand what I was asking for,but a worker around my age pointed me to the only Old fashioned bottle openers that was a TN Vol opener and every time you used it.The Tn Vol song Rocky top would play,the cost $8.99 I paid it and walked back to the Hotel,My wife,pulled up to hard a broke the opener,which played Rocky Top all night long,until the next morning and found the screw that popped out and fixed the opener,All that for a bottle of CORONA EXTRA!

I hope you were on your last beer when it broke!
    It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitMPD
      I hope you were on your last beer when it broke!
      Sorry only opened 3 bottles,that opener cost more than the beers I'll stick with Bush Beer with the twist off tops

Comment

Maybe not old, but at least no longer "hip"

If you ever tune into Saturday Night Live and you have no idea who both the guest host or musical guest are, or what they're famous for, you're there.
        Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Dees
          If you ever tune into Saturday Night Live and you have no idea who both the guest host or musical guest are, or what they're famous for, you're there.
          NICE, AN ED THAT POSTS, THIS COULD BE GOOD, UH WELCOME ABOARD ED.
          You know your old if you always refer to c.d.s as records. as in the new BLAH BLAH record just came out or have no idea what MP3 or the new MP4 is.
          Or remember when cars were made from STEEL and had 4 Barrel Carbs. Or had the latest and greatestr thing, a casette player.
          I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Dees
            I'm already there
            Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

You are old when you.....I forgot. Where am I? Never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by The Colonel(44)
                I was in Murfreesboro,Tn this past Monday and stopped to pick up some Adult beverages,I was staying at the BestWestern Hotel next to I24,well the bottles were not the twist the top off tops it required a old fashion bottle opener.So I stopped off at the front desk and asked the clerk if she had one,She said no so I walked over to the Cracker Barrel Restaurant and asked the young cashier,If they sold any,He said he did'nt understand what I was asking for,but a worker around my age pointed me to the only Old fashioned bottle openers that was a TN Vol opener and every time you used it.The Tn Vol song Rocky top would play,the cost $8.99 I paid it and walked back to the Hotel,My wife,pulled up to hard a broke the opener,which played Rocky Top all night long,until the next morning and found the screw that popped out and fixed the opener,All that for a bottle of CORONA EXTRA!
                A buddy and I found ourselves in that situation when we went to a drug school. We improvised and tried some MacGyver stuff, if you use the hanging part of the hotel coat hanger with the two prongs that hook onto the rest of the hanger it works like a charm.
                In god we trust, the rest we run through NCIC

Comment

You know you're getting old when they're playing "Stairway to Heaven" on the easy listening stations.

Phoenix
                  Phoenix

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself." ~Thomas Paine

Comment

or when your favorite song from high school is called a "Classic" and you feel like you haven't been out of high school THAT long-just 20 years...

Comment

OR some of your favorite bands from school are now on the VH-1 where are they now or the Reunion show... 20 years for me in 2007. Iam yonger than the wife too by 3 years, she is almost 40, still looks 25, kinda wynona ryder without the theiveing look., kinda looks like momma STYX..
                      I got nothing for now

Comment

You could have used a lighter to open the bottle. Works just as good as a bottle opener. I've seen some guys who open bottles with their teeth, but that's just weird

Comment

Originally posted by e-man
                          NICE, AN ED THAT POSTS, THIS COULD BE GOOD, UH WELCOME ABOARD ED.
                          You know your old if you always refer to c.d.s as records. as in the new BLAH BLAH record just came out or have no idea what MP3 or the new MP4 is.
                          Or remember when cars were made from STEEL and had 4 Barrel Carbs. Or had the latest and greatestr thing, a casette player.
                          What's an MP4? I'm not even old I don't know what that is.

Comment

...or when the new secretary at the station sees a typewriter and asks "Where is the monitor", and is totally serious. While explaining just what she was looking at I asked her if she had ever heard of an 8 track tape, care to guess the answer? On the lighter side she did know what those big black flat round things were, "people used to listen to them somehow and they made music". I think we must have really lowered our standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco
                              You could have used a lighter to open the bottle. Works just as good as a bottle opener. I've seen some guys who open bottles with their teeth, but that's just weird

Or knife I have seen open a can up.

My question is why did you need a bottle opener, I never use one. I always drink out of long neck bud light bottles to.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5721 users online. 314 members and 5407 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X