• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hurricane katrina / ft lauderdale

i was off work thurs and fri

thurs power went off at 1500 hrs.....
    huge wind and rain storm 1600 hrs
    all night long....palm trees and insecured stuff strewn about

fri power back on 1600 hrs, neighbor's all cleaning up tree branctraffic lights out..way to many site see type driving thru the\
    neighborhood.....thank god no large amount of food or drink spoiled for
    me.....cigar's and vodka, orange juice ( survival stuff ) broke out...

gonna celebrate survival......

www.schackdaddy.com
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Glad to see you're OK; your area got hit hard. It looks like Tampa may dodge this one - I hope.

Regards,

Phoenix
    Phoenix

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself." ~Thomas Paine

Comment

ftlaucop, ya shoulda said something sooner-we coulda come and had a hurricane party with you!

Glad to know you're safe-looks like lots of flooding mostly for the state-Katrina is going to give others a worse pounding thought looks like...

(I was in Ft Lauderdale about 20 years ago-probably had the least amount of sleep a person can have in a week-LOL! I was a fun time-nice city )

Comment

In the heart of it all...we at my building keep saying we need to call hollywood and make a realty show here (it would be a mega hit)! Thursday's huricane party would have been the season finale/cliffhanger.

**Will Tom and alex make up, will he give the ring back? Did ninja claw her way out of the apt with the broke door? Did leez realy rip the screen out and jump out the window? Will, ninja forgive the drunk next door? Are d's horses ok? stay tuned?**

Now imagine all that and more while HIGHLY intoxicated (so bad I had to ask the next day if appologies were necc. lol (they were lol ) and tree limbs, branches ...heck entire trees flying by. Ah, redneck games......Best huricane party EVER!

Comment

That's funny.... LOL...

My nephew lives in Key West and man they get their share. I just got a pic of him standing in the deep waters from Katrina, in the middle of town.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5579 users online. 332 members and 5247 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X