300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working out, Products that work

I've been working out for a couple years, I lift 4 times a week, and run at least 2 or 3 times a week. I've made some very good advances, but my growth has started to taper off and I've just started looking into what products are on the market that will help. But there are SOO many, and so many different brands, Does anybody know what I should be looking for? what has worked for you, what hasn't worked, any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Fight until hell freezes over, then fight on ICE!

Originally posted by TPD506
    I've been working out for a couple years, I lift 4 times a week, and run at least 2 or 3 times a week. I've made some very good advances, but my growth has started to taper off and I've just started looking into what products are on the market that will help. But there are SOO many, and so many different brands, Does anybody know what I should be looking for? what has worked for you, what hasn't worked, any help will be greatly appreciated!

Forget the supplements (ie: protien, creatine etc..). If you really want to grow, eat more food and keep it somewhat clean. Remember to train legs as well. A lot of people don't because they are hard to train and everyone wants the chest and arms. What they neglect to remember is that the legs attribute to approx 20% of your total bodys strength when trained properly.
    "Support Our Troops"

Comment

To piggyback on what MP5guy said, legs are SOOOO underrated, it's not even funny. Heavy squats will do more to build overall strength than any other exercise.

You didn't post your routine, so I can't critique it, but I'd bet your workout has gotten stale.

And I disagree about supplements. While most people forget they're "supplements" to a good diet, and not a substitute for one, they do produce results, especially in advanced lifters. Most people find it hard to consume 1.5-2 grams protein/lb bodyweight by eating regular food. And creatine has been proven to increase muscular strength and endurance.
      Last edited by lsmalibu; 08-26-2005, 10:12 PM.
      *Not a cop*

Comment

Theres a ton of post dealing with this very issue in the Health and Fitness Catagory. Check them out for some more info on the supplement issue. Bottom line on supplements: Buyer Beware. You dont need protein powder because you can easily get it in diet and too much is bad for you.
        Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

Originally posted by lsmalibu
          You didn't post your routine, so I can't critique it, but I'd bet your workout has gotten stale.
          Actually, I just did a major overhaul on my workout about a month ago, and that did do some good for me. The biggest problem for me has always been finding somebody to work out with me consistently. But lately, a deputy in my county has gotten into working out pretty hard.

My weekly Routine is pretty basic, I split into four days
          Monday is chest
          Tuesday is Legs and abs
          Thursday is Back and Shoulders
          Friday is Arms

Chest usually starts with flat bench, then incline, decline super setted with flat flys, then incline flys
          Legs start with squats, lunges, knee raises, calf raises
          abs decline situps, leg raises, and others depending on the how I feel
          Back and shoulders shrugs, rows, pull downs, arnold press, over heads
          arms curls, tricep pushdowns, nose brakers, wide grip tricep pushdowns, standing bar bell curls, I work these in and out of supersets

Most of my workout is self made, not sure what parts right.. but this seems to be working.. any help is greatly appreciated
          Fight until hell freezes over, then fight on ICE!

Comment

""My weekly Routine is pretty basic, I split into four days
            Monday is chest
            Tuesday is Legs and abs
            Thursday is Back and Shoulders
            Friday is Arms

Chest usually starts with flat bench, then incline, decline super setted with flat flys, then incline flys
            Legs start with squats, lunges, knee raises, calf raises
            abs decline situps, leg raises, and others depending on the how I feel
            Back and shoulders shrugs, rows, pull downs, arnold press, over heads
            arms curls, tricep pushdowns, nose brakers, wide grip tricep pushdowns, standing bar bell curls, I work these in and out of supersets ""

For monday: I would do your chest with your triceps. the stuff you do is fine.
            Tuesday: Also for your legs I would do some leg curls and exts. maybe dead lifts too.
            Thursday: cut out the triceps and work more back. Someone said that squats are the best thing you can do. I think that power cleans are the best for you I would start to do them it will work your whole boby. just make sure you dont lean forword when doing them you will hurt you back. do them on your back days.
            Friday: just like you have it. try 21's if you want.
            I would do you abs everyday you workout not just one day a week, dont do crunches. do you decline abs and see if they have a weighted abs thing. leg rasies are good also.
            This would add some time to your workout so I dont know if you have a lot of time to workout. anyways that is what I would do.
            Last edited by killa75dt; 08-27-2005, 06:56 AM.
            Deputy Sheriff

Comment

you will probably get lots of different opinions on this.

I like Labarda and Parillo products myself.

for A multivitamin/overall nutrition I like products from Vitamin Research Products.

I would not personally buy any product from anyone who is involved in Multi level marketing.

If you ask someone who makes this product and they cant give you a answere buyer beware.

I also like Muscle Milk but Its more expensive than it needs to be IMO.

Comment

hey everyone I am planning to start the police academy in august, but since i have been out of school and been moving around i have not been able to get into a real good workout schedule. I am looking for some good cheap ways to get started. I hope to get into a gym in the near future but for now I have a Gazelle to 'run' on and that is about all for now. I am open to suggestions on excercise routines and diet/meal plans. If you have some suggestions for a beginner (who by the way is a female) please let me know. You can post in here or send me a private message or send me a message on Yahoo. Thanks for your time I hope to hear back from some of you soon.

Thanks Amanda

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6255 users online. 331 members and 5924 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X