Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw this on TV, but its not about tv...

So I am watching this show on A&E called Family Plots...

...and it seems that the owner was able to find a company that turned his deceased sons ceamains into diamond jewelry. Actually, he had a diamond ring and two diamond earrings made with them.

Here's my dilemma... I thought at first that it was a really neat thing to do, but on second thought I am wondering if it is in poor taste or not to turn a person's body into a more valuable possession. It would definitely add more contention to divorce claims and inheritance issues now that mom's remains are worth a chunk of cash rather than still in an urn. I guess you would need to insure it against theft, too.

They say diamonds are forever.

I'm open to others thoughts on the matter.

http://www.lifegem.com/
    Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
    Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Once again, my theory of being worth more dead than alive, holds true.
    Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

i would think that intitially it would be about "keeping them with you" or something like that, more than just putting them in a bucket. but you are right, eventually someone would twist it around and pervert it into a money thing.

Comment

Can you imagine years down the road when "grandma" get sold to a jewlery store for cash...Then someone else buys it not knowing it's "grandma"... eww. I wonder if a jewlery appraiser can tell if a diamond is one of these or not.

Comment

I couldn't imagine an actual diamond being made from the ashes of sombody? Diamonds are created when coal is compacted in nature for many many years. I believe the closest we've gotten to a man made "diamond" is cubic zirconia.
          Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by medic_9
            Can you imagine years down the road when "grandma" get sold to a jewlery store for cash...Then someone else buys it not knowing it's "grandma"... eww. I wonder if a jewlery appraiser can tell if a diamond is one of these or not.
            From my brief perusal of the website, apparently a certain amount of info is inscribed on the stone and you can pay extra for more, but your post follows my point.

Apparently this has been around for awhile and I am just hearing of it, based on the sales network that is set up with local funeral homes... there is 4 within 10 miles of me.
            Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
            Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
            Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

I don't think that I would do it to a relation. If eighter I had enough money, or it was cheep enough I would consider it for a good pet cat or dog. It would have to be a good pet though, not one of those pets who dosn't listen, eats food off of the counter/table, and always leaves little presents arount the house to clean after a long day of work.
              When a crime breaks out, all the cute girls shout
              get the, good looking guy

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5403 users online. 306 members and 5097 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X