300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cell Phone Help

well its that time again, got to get a new cell phone, i was looking at the Motorola V265:
    http://www.telusmobility.com/ab/pcs/...ola_v265.shtml
    Does anyone have any experiance with this phone?
    or does anyone have any suggestions for another phone i should get?

Experience with Cell phones you ask? HA I will tell you my disastrous last 6 weeks with Motorola.
    I had the MOTO V-300, it broke on June 23 or so. I called my carrier and they said its out of warranty call MOTO. MOTO said send it in and they will fix it free. Great, I send it in on JUNE 26 to Texas. They say 10-14 days. OK 2 weeks......3 weeks.... No phone. I call and reach COSTA RICA. They said they just got the phone on July 7th., 12 days from PA to TX. OK I give them another 2 weeks, STILL NO PHONE. They finally agree to send me some 'accesories' for the wait. Free 'car' charger turned out the be a HOME CHRGER, which I already had, a free bluetooth adapter with no Bluetooth item to USE, and a car cradle {doesnt that sound like a NICe item} SO Ig et the stuff in the mail BUT NO PHONE. FINALLY I get the phone back and its a BRAND NEW PHONE. Gee how thoughtrfull. My pictures on the phone GONE, games I paid for GONE, ring tones I paid for GONE.
    I call Costa Rica again and they said the phone was unfixable and got me a new phone, I ask for my opld phone back so I can access the pics and they says Well cant happen, Its gonna be recycled A week after getting my NEw phone guess what??? IT BREAKS TOOIt wont work. I send it back and call guess where,? COSTA FRICKIN RICA...
    I just got my new upgraded MOTO V-330 yesterday Thats right, after almost 8 weeks, minus the 5 days for the broken new one I finally have my phone, I CANT EVEN DOWNLOAD GAMES ON THIS ONE. at least not via my carrier.
    So, I definit;ey DONT reccomend the MOTO V-300 , the one your looking at, good luck. Sorry it was long, try to deal with non english speaking customer techs if it goes bad...
    E
    I got nothing for now

Comment

haha, sorry to laugh at your pain. yah i have heard of some quality issues with MOTO, i currently have one, i had to send it in once in 2 years, thats not too bad, it was a decent phone, just my carrier is a piece. thanks for your story tho, and yes i really don't want to call costa rica anytime soon...

Comment

Sorry bud..I have a Motorola phone and I dont have any problems. My husband works for Freescale...a division of Moto. We had a problem with our phones at first, but there was some defect they took care of pronto. We took everything that was in the SIM cards off the phones we sent in because....thats what you do , silly. They should have told you that...its customer service that screwed you; not Moto!

Thank you for buying Motorola...keeps my husband employed!

Comment

Thanks, One of the biggest probs with the phone I guess it that its advertised on T-Mobile as downlaodable ringtones,wallpaper {WTF is wall paper on a phone?} and GAMES.. Then cust. service for T Mobile {USA maybe} says it has embedded games. That it has games built in, OK I played PINBALL on a 1 inch screen last night. I need to find out how to download games from MOTO itself. I dont care about payiong for them just need something to do at WORK.
          Holy cow LIFEFLIGHT just buzzed my house and the whole crib shook, hoep someone is ok...
          I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by Styx
            Sorry bud..I have a Motorola phone and I dont have any problems. My husband works for Freescale...a division of Moto. We had a problem with our phones at first, but there was some defect they took care of pronto. We took everything that was in the SIM cards off the phones we sent in because....thats what you do , silly. They should have told you that...its customer service that screwed you; not Moto!

Thank you for buying Motorola...keeps my husband employed!
            Maybe he was the only nice person I talked to in the last 2 months I belive the problem lies in the MOTO V-300 phone, which by the way, They Dont Sell anymore WOnder why, It was my 3rd V-300 in over a year. The browser never, well BROWSED... I have no real issue wit MOTO just its the quality control from Japan?
            And if Styx says Buy MOTO, than ya better buy a MOTO.. get the RAZR, holw cow is that nice, Saw it last week in D.C. the guy pulled it out from his WALLET, credit card spot. Half inch thick
            I got nothing for now

Comment

Well, hubby does not deal with the customer service branch, but he would be mighty nice if you needed help. He is a pretty good guy...
              He is the guy that works with all the memory chips that go into the phones among other things Moto makes in that branch.

I have not seen the RAZR yet, but if its that cool, I am sure hubby will tell me about it and want one.

Comment

Originally posted by Styx
                Well, hubby does not deal with the customer service branch, but he would be mighty nice if you needed help. He is a pretty good guy...
                He is the guy that works with all the memory chips that go into the phones among other things Moto makes in that branch.

I have not seen the RAZR yet, but if its that cool, I am sure hubby will tell me about it and want one.
                so would your hubby know anything about the phone i am looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by e-man
                  Experience with Cell phones you ask? HA I will tell you my disastrous last 6 weeks with Motorola.
                  I had the MOTO V-300, it broke on June 23 or so. I called my carrier and they said its out of warranty call MOTO. MOTO said send it in and they will fix it free. Great, I send it in on JUNE 26 to Texas. They say 10-14 days. OK 2 weeks......3 weeks.... No phone. I call and reach COSTA RICA. They said they just got the phone on July 7th., 12 days from PA to TX. OK I give them another 2 weeks, STILL NO PHONE. They finally agree to send me some 'accesories' for the wait. Free 'car' charger turned out the be a HOME CHRGER, which I already had, a free bluetooth adapter with no Bluetooth item to USE, and a car cradle {doesnt that sound like a NICe item} SO Ig et the stuff in the mail BUT NO PHONE. FINALLY I get the phone back and its a BRAND NEW PHONE. Gee how thoughtrfull. My pictures on the phone GONE, games I paid for GONE, ring tones I paid for GONE.
                  I call Costa Rica again and they said the phone was unfixable and got me a new phone, I ask for my opld phone back so I can access the pics and they says Well cant happen, Its gonna be recycled A week after getting my NEw phone guess what??? IT BREAKS TOOIt wont work. I send it back and call guess where,? COSTA FRICKIN RICA...
                  I just got my new upgraded MOTO V-330 yesterday Thats right, after almost 8 weeks, minus the 5 days for the broken new one I finally have my phone, I CANT EVEN DOWNLOAD GAMES ON THIS ONE. at least not via my carrier.
                  So, I definit;ey DONT reccomend the MOTO V-300 , the one your looking at, good luck. Sorry it was long, try to deal with non english speaking customer techs if it goes bad...

SOMETHING gives me the feeling that you are angry... but can't put my finger on it.

Comment

YEs but I just smiled and laugheed, thanks. It wouldnt have been as bad if they told me it would take 4-5 weeks instead of the 10-14 BUSINESS days which could actually be 4 weeks. Lets hope the new V-330 lasts more than a month. Worse thing about this was I used my wifes old Nokia which is like a shoe compared to my little V-300. PLUS its got a SPONGEBOB cover
                    I got nothing for now

Comment

E-man with a spongebob cell phone. That is the laugh of the day. Thanks.

Comment

Yeah is the damn old Nokia something or other, like 6 inches long and def. not a flip phone. Its got like 2 colors. And my wife made me get her the Spongebob cover like 2 yrs ago. The guys at work love that phone. They also love hearing my trials n tribulations with my real phone.
                        P.S.- how much video is a phone supposed to have? Like 30 seconds right?
                        P.S.S- Here is the pic- Big cop in uniform standing on the road talking on SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS in his UNDEWARE no less.
                        I got nothing for now

Comment

Yeah is the damn old Nokia something or other, like 6 inches long and def. not a flip phone. Its got like 2 colors. And my wife made me get her the Spongebob cover like 2 yrs ago. The guys at work love that phone. They also love hearing my trials n tribulations with my real phone.
                          P.S.S- Here is the pic- Big cop in uniform standing on the road talking on SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS in his UNDEWARE no less.
                          haha, yah that would be a sight, still your department might get more money, civilians will phone in saying that "our depeartment needs better phones"

Comment

I would love to see E-man driving in the hood, and all of sudden the wife calls. He picks up the cell phone and all of these would be criminals see him with a Spongebob cell phone. Ahhhh..... priceless

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5886 users online. 318 members and 5568 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X