300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiskey died today :(

'Whiskey' was my horse. I've been missing him because i couldn't really bring him to Arizona with me, and besides that - he'd be lonely without his 2 stablemates in Cali.

I'm really sad that i wasn't there with him when he was put down. My dad gave him pain shots every 2 hours while they hoped he would make it through. At one point, he stood up - but it wasn't for long. He didn't exactly die from 'colic' but it was very similiar.

My other horse died from colic in the middle of the night about 10 years ago. His name was Cassanova. He showed ZERO signs of pain the night before, so we were all shocked to find him dead early the next morning.

Both were beautiful white Quarter Horses, although Whiskey acted like he had a little Arab in him. His head was small, and he always held it up high. And he had a little fire in him as well. He was the most personable, friendliest of the three. And, he was the fastest! He could run like there was no tomorrow.

What i'll remember most about him is that he loved to smell hair. Anytime i'd walk out to say Hi, he'd come up and burry his nose in my hair and take a deep breath.

Maybe there is a white horse curse i don't know about or something.. this really SUCKS.

I'm a little bummed, thanks for reading....

Rest in Peace my dearest Whiskey and say hello to Cassanova for me..
    ~Amber

Sorry to hear about your pal. Being an animal lover myself, I understand how sad you must feel.
    God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

Sorry to hear about Whiskey. I know you loved him so much. My dog is in the last stage of his life to. And I don't know what I am going to do when he dies. Its going to be so sad. So I know how you feel.

Toby lets LovnTheFuzz cries on his shoulder

Comment

Bummer, i'm sorry to hear that. It's always sad when a pet dies.
        Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that.
          RIP Brett Thompson, 17, 09/12/1989-09/14/2006

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss..take care.

Comment

Lost one of our Rotts and could not go to work next day. We sure do get attached to animals.

Comment

It's always tough to lose a good friend. But I'll bet Whiskey and Cassanova are having a grand old time right now, galloping together across an endless meadow.

Comment

LTF
                  So sorry to hear about your loss. I've got 3 horses myself (two are white by the way) My oldest is a qtr/arab cross. Shes getting up there in years so I know that day will come for me too. She suffers from cushings disease and just recently I had to switch her to pellet food because she has worn her bottom teeth down to where she cant chew hay anymore. With all that, she still has that arab spirit. Put a saddle on her and shes ready to go.

Take comfort in the fact that Whiskey isn't hurting anymore. I'm sure hes up there with Cassanova, standing in a lush green meadow near a clear running stream eating tall green grass and reminiscing about all the good times you shared.
                  Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

We lost our Australian Shepherd a few years back. Best dog we ever had.
                    Still talk about her to this day

I know it
                    Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am sorry to hear about your horse.

I miss my Shasta baby now. Darn vet told me she wasn't sick and then my folks go away for their anniversary. I come home from work to find her having seizures. The next day, my folks have to give the vet permission to put her down. I went back to the vet and cancelled my dog's next appointment. They asked me if I wanted to reschedule. I screamed NO and said she is dead. Slammed the door. I was ****ed at the vet and sad.

I still miss her. Haven't gotten another dog since she was put to sleep.

Some day I will....

Again, I am sorry to hear about the lose of your horse.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                      Not Yet Visited: 16
                      Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Thankyou all for the kind words - it helps. It really does. Especially now that i'm kind of far from home. What hurts is that i felt like i should have been there.

The worst thing i have ever had to do in my life was put my dog down a couple years back. But i was there, and i held her head in my hands as the stuff went through her veins. It was horrific. My dad couldn't even speak. He didn't talk for hours, and we drove home in silence.

Whiskey.. i dunno - i should have been there thats all.

It is absolutely amazing how attached we become to our animals. They are really the only way people experience unconditional love, if you believe in that sort of thing. I know i do.

PTI - Whiskey wasn't even 20 yet. The other horses are in their mid twenties.. so he was still the baby to us. I wish you many more happy years with yours. I wish i could post some pics, but i don't have them with me now.

Thankyou all for sharing, and for your condolences. I sincerely appreciate it..

Comment

Take comfort in the fact that Whiskey isn't hurting anymore. I'm sure hes up there with Cassanova, standing in a lush green meadow near a clear running stream eating tall green grass and reminiscing about all the good times you shared.[/QUOTE]

Man, that really touched me...................

Sorry for your loss.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          In Memory of Staff Sgt. Matt Kimmell
                          United States Army
                          5th Special Forces Group
                          Former Deputy Sheriff, Vanderburgh County
                          Killed in Iraq October 11, 2005
                          Sometimes I wonder, who you'd be today!!
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.tryfreemasonry.org

Real men wear aprons..

Comment

I am sorry for your loss-- and I understand your feeling you should have been there.

My dog Rufus is getting old, and showing signs that he's coming to the end of his story. Recently my husband took Rufus to the cottage with him, while I had to stay behind to work. They won't be coming back for weeks, and I felt terrible watching them drive off because I do not know if I'll ever see Rufus alive again. But Rufus, a greyhound, can run free at the cottage which he cannot do here with me; and I'm just disappearing to work each day, whereas at the cottage he always has my husband right there to give him attention, as well as our other dog, Dylan. So I couldn't ask for him to be left with me. But if he doesn't make it back here, I will be feeling something of what you're feeling now, I suspect.

I agree with your observation that we experience unconditional love from (and for!) our animals. And since most of them have shorter life spans than we do, they also teach us how to let go of those we love.

Gotta love'em and enjoy'em while they're here with us!
                            We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
                            but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

I do not mean to hijack the thread, but it is kinda funny how some people think the Bible says the animals were not given the breath from God, therefore have no souls, but we all anticipate seeing our beloved pets in Heaven.... Hope we do.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              In Memory of Staff Sgt. Matt Kimmell
                              United States Army
                              5th Special Forces Group
                              Former Deputy Sheriff, Vanderburgh County
                              Killed in Iraq October 11, 2005
                              Sometimes I wonder, who you'd be today!!
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.tryfreemasonry.org

Real men wear aprons..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5426 users online. 301 members and 5125 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X