300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something to make you think....

Ok I was sent this in a email and it makes one think..... Everyone always thinks that this "gay agenda" means special rights, which isn't true its for equal rights. So I thought I would post it and possibly make another person take a step back and think like I did.

"I COMMITTED SUICIDE TODAY BECAUSE..."

I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided to my mother that I am a lesbian.

I am the prostitute working the streets because nobody will hire a transsexual woman.

I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear-filled nights.

I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room.

I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wish they could adopt me.

I am one of the lucky ones, I guess. I survived the attack that left me in a coma for three weeks, and in another year I will probably be able to walk again.

I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before graduating high school. It was simply too much to bear.

We are the couple who had the realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men.

I am the person who never knows which bathroom I should use if I want to avoid getting the management called on me.

I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed, and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman.

I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman.

I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male.

I am the father who has never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to other men.

I am the home-economics teacher who always wanted to teach gym until someone told me that only lesbians do that.

I am the man who died when the paramedics stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was transsexual.

I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I didn't have to always deal with society hating me.

I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I don't believe, but because they closed their doors to my kind.

I am the person who has to hide what this world needs most, love.

We are the parents who buried our gay children long before their time...
    THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Wow, very good post. I'm going to pass that along. Hits close to home, to be sure.
    Last edited by Puget Sound; 08-19-2005, 06:17 PM.
    Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
    Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

Yea it was a email sent to me......I took off the forwarded part that says "Send this to everyone you know if you believe homophobia is wrong, and if you think it's time for a change."

Patience with ignorance

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Photogrrlz
        Yea it was a email sent to me......I took off the forwarded part that says "Send this to everyone you know if you believe homophobia is wrong, and if you think it's time for a change."
        Good. I just hate how all forwards start like that...

Send this to everyone you know if you think we should support underwater basket weaving for quadrepalegic (sp) Native American school children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be much better if they started the way you titled your thread. It's not like an e-mail forward is going to legalize gay marriage and end hateful bigotry. But it CAN make you think.

Comment

Hey Photogrrlz,

Well Done. I just noticed your "resident lesbian" tag under name. Has it always been there???

If you ever come up here to get married I'll try and findout where the L-Word is filming and see if I can find away to get you on the set!!

It's a great message and hopefully putting it out there brings about a little more acceptance in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by cst.sb
            Hey Photogrrlz,

Well Done. I just noticed your "resident lesbian" tag under name. Has it always been there???

If you ever come up here to get married I'll try and findout where the L-Word is filming and see if I can find away to get you on the set!!

It's a great message and hopefully putting it out there brings about a little more acceptance in this world.

No I put in under last week.....Quopper called me the resident lesbian and thought hey I want that under my name...lmmo....

I love the L word....Good Show.....

I thought it was a good email....so thanks

Patience with ignorance

Comment

That is a great message, Photo. Thanks for sharing it.
              All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

I am the man who died when the paramedics stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was transsexual.
                Has that ever happened, anywhere (in the US or Canada at least)?
                Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
                  Has that ever happened, anywhere (in the US or Canada at least)?

Sadly it has.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyra_Hunter

Comment

Wow, thanks for the link. I may not agree with it personally, but I couldn't fathom such hatred.
                    Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Some of that stuff really doesn't really happen. That's playing a little too close to the gay sympathy card.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh
                        Some of that stuff really doesn't really happen. That's playing a little too close to the gay sympathy card.
                        I disagree.

The only one listed that i would have asked about was the paramedic one, and a link was provided.

I always have said, if a 'parade' can save one kid's life, who thinks they'll never fit in, or is so confused about their sexuality that they dont want to live anymore, then its worth it.

Let them teach kids that no matter what your sexual orientation is, you're still OK, and you still deserve love.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh
                          Here is a little more of the story.

QUILL: Washington, DC, December 12, 1998] On August 7, 1995, Tyra Hunter, a preoperative transsexual woman and highly successful hair stylist, was critically wounded in an automobile accident when a motorist ran a stop sign and broadsided her car. Finding today that she died in part because of negligence by the DC Fire Department and malpractice by the DC General Hospital, a jury awarded $2.8 million in damages to Margie Hunter, Tyra's mother.

When three DC Fire Department EMTs, including Adrian Williams, removed Ms. Hunter's slacks to assess her bleeding at the 1995 accident scene, they discovered her male genitalia. One of them exclaimed, "This ain't no bitch. It's a ******. He's got a [phallus] and balls." Treatment was immediately discontinued. The EMTs ridiculed the still-conscious Ms. Hunter, allowing her to bleed profusely on the pavement while horrified onlookers begged them to render aid. Treatment was resumed only after Fire Chief Otis Latin arrived at the scene.

Still conscious upon her arrival at DC General Hospital, Ms. Hunter was given a medication to paralyze her. She died about an hour later from blood loss. According to expert testimony, Ms. Hunter would have experienced "sheer terror" from feelings of intense suffocation. That, combined with drug-induced paralysis and the probable memory of the EMTs hateful remarks, paints a macabre picture of Ms. Hunter's final moments.

A deposition by attending physician Joseph Bastian states that while Ms. hunter lay dying in the ER, the EMTs continued ridiculing her in a nearby visiting area. They became so disruptive that the hospital staff reported them to the police.

The jury attributed Ms. Hunter's death in part to the EMTs' refusal to administer critical first-response aid and in part to the malpractice of Dr. Bastian. According to expert testimony, Ms. Hunter would have had a 71-88% chance of survival with prompt, competent attention.

The trial was riddled with unlikely testimony and missing evidence: EMT Adrian Williams testified he assumed Ms. Hunter was a man as he approached her and rendered aid, failing to notice that she had breasts, makeup, women's clothing, a woman's hairstyle, and white nail polish. One subpoenaed DC General employee disappeared to Africa until late December. Important patient records were physically altered. Blood gas results and X-ray films were all lost.

Ms. Hunter's treatment has so incensed the American transgender population that activists have discussed it prominently when lobbying the US Congress for hate crimes protection. Tyra's story is surprisingly commonplace and speaks to the fears of most transsexuals, who sometimes feel pressured to undergo expensive sexual reassignment surgery and to alter their legal documents specifically to avoid such nightmares.

It is disappointing that criminal action was not taken and that the offending EMTs were neither disciplined nor reprimanded, despite widespread complaint from Washington citizens. Still, the victory today is a milestone. Today a jury ruled that a transgendered person's life is worth protecting. Today the transgendered population became a bit more human in the eyes of the public.

In the words of transgender activist Jessica Xavier, "I think they came to see Tyra as an ordinary human being, just trying to make her life work, when it was taken from her by the proven negligence of city health care professionals whose duty it was to treat her. This is a victory for transpeople everywhere."

I think if she had a sympathy card that day she may have lived.

Comment

Originally posted by Photogrrlz
                            That line is a bunch of bull$hit! I don't know of any Paramedic that would do that so whoever wrote that line is an idiot. Sorry if I offend anyones views , I'm just targeting that one line.

I came in one morning to a group of very burned out medics. This was about 8 years ago. They treated the local drunk who stopped breathing behind a store & saved his life. Out of all the $hit they got from every department in the area, if you ask any medic today, they would have saved him too. It's a job, not a choice of who you do or don't want to save.

Sorry, reading that one line frosted my ***.

As far as the article, it seems one sided. I would like to see the entire investigation's outcome.
                            Last edited by Java King; 08-21-2005, 10:44 AM.
                            That's right, bring me my royal coffee!

Comment

Originally posted by Java King
                              That line is a bunch of bull$hit! I don't know of any Paramedic that would do that so whoever wrote that line is an idiot. Sorry if I offend anyones views , I'm just targeting that one line.

I came in one morning to a group of very burned out medics. This was about 8 years ago. They treated the local drunk who stopped breathing behind a store & saved his life. Out of all the $hit they got from every department in the area, if you ask any medic today, they would have saved him too. It's a job, not a choice of who you do or don't want to save.

Sorry, reading that one line frosted my ***.

As far as the article, it seems one sided. I would like to see the entire investigation's outcome.
                              Uhhh...the outcome looks clear.

A court of LAW found the EMTs and the Hospital AT FAULT and awarded the grieving mother $2.8 million that she DESERVED.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4052 users online. 224 members and 3828 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X