Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite place to eat while on patrol?

In my case it is whatever is in my lunch box.
    But for leo's what places are your favorites while on patrol besides the rumored doughnut shops, or Whataburgers?
    Bedtime at sunrise

Originally posted by 3rd_shift
    In my case it is whatever is in my lunch box.
    But for leo's what places are your favorites while on patrol besides the rumored doughnut shops, or Whataburgers?
    yep me too out of my lunch box tasted better then McDs
    but ossifer im not to drive to drunk

Comment

Lately one of my fav's is quizno's. Love it, great tasting bread. Another is togo's, local sub place, great subs too.

I usually stick to places I've tried many times off duty, month ago I was with a couple other deputies while having lunch at togo's, I get my usual turkey on wheat, two other guys get hot pastrami, the third guy who has never had pastrami gets that, as he's ordering I tell him "careful man, I never try anything for the first time while on duty".

Sure enough about 45 minutes after leaving, he messages me and says "you were right man, I'm hurting bad", he was out of service for about 30 minutes while he was sitting on the can doing the old back door gravy train! LOL
      Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

Originally posted by Caspertoo
        Lately one of my fav's is quizno's. Love it, great tasting bread. Another is togo's, local sub place, great subs too.

I usually stick to places I've tried many times off duty, month ago I was with a couple other deputies while having lunch at togo's, I get my usual turkey on wheat, two other guys get hot pastrami, the third guy who has never had pastrami gets that, as he's ordering I tell him "careful man, I never try anything for the first time while on duty".

Sure enough about 45 minutes after leaving, he messages me and says "you were right man, I'm hurting bad", he was out of service for about 30 minutes while he was sitting on the can doing the old back door gravy train! LOL
        thats why i like to bring my own lunch/supper i know what im getting
        but ossifer im not to drive to drunk

Comment

Boston Pizza and Subway....

Boston Pizza for the crispy chicken salad and Subway for a roast chicken sub on brown.

Comment

Originally posted by realluke
            yep me too out of my lunch box tasted better then McDs

Its cheaper, and you don't get a meth burger or a glass cutting burger.

What do you guys usually have in your lunch box.

Comment

Steak n Shake, its safe from spit, glass, and meth.
              John D. MacDonald, "The early bird who catches the worm works for someone who comes in late and owns the worm farm."

Comment

Quizno's is great, but it's a bit pricey. On the other end of the spectrum, Burger King is half-price so I can get a full meal for about $3.

Comment

I don't trust many fast food places. Either off duty or when I'm driving thru working security.

If I don't bring something with me, convenience store, packaged goods. It's hard to eat even somewhat healthy when eating packaged food, but trust me, it CAN be done.

There is one McDonald's that I trust only because I AWLAYS see county deputies going there...but come on...it's a McDonald's. No thanks.

Besides...I'm afraid if I went to McD's, the King would be upset with me.
                  Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
                  Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

i like eating at home the best, cause if someone spit in it, atleast i knew where it came from

here, the wataburger was called hepatitaburger, so that ones out.

Comment

On day shift we eat at a local grease joint. Night shift is always subway, it's open all night and I can watch them make my sandwich

Comment

Home ............... we have discussed how dangerous fast food can be for a cop ... and for the carchead behind the counter if he gets caught doing somthing to MY food.... He wouldn't live to get to jail.

Comment

Speedway.... Soda and tornados mmm...sometimes chips and other stuff
                          THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Originally posted by Puget Sound
                            I don't trust many fast food places. Either off duty or when I'm driving thru working security.
                            I know this is hijacking the thread, but sorry Puget, I'm gonna have to call you out on this. Driving through while working security? You work student security through a 97 acre campus with about 2,500 students, and you drive around? My campus is twice your size and we don't drive around... And for some of the stories you tell, the crime statistics from your campus are awfully low.

Furthermore, you posted that you carry the following in the duty gear section...

1) Key holder. Something to just snap my keys onto in a hurry. (Bianchi AccuMold)
                            2) Cell phone holder. Just a black, velcro, nylon pouch. Not sure of the brand, I ordered it through Nextel.
                            3) 26" ASP baton. I carry it in an ASP sidebreak scabbard.
                            4) Pepper spray, First Defense MK-4 in a Bianchi AccuMold holder.
                            5) Leatherman Super Tool 200 carried in a single mag AccuMold pouch
                            6) Handcuffs, Smith & Wesson M-100 in a covered AccuMold pouch.

Then there is a gap on the belt in the middle of my back. This is the stuff I access with my left hand, but still continuing around the belt clockwise.

7) Handcuffs again, same setup.
                            8) D-cell flashlight ring. (AccuMold) I carry a Streamlight 35-X
                            9) Latex glove pouch (AccuMold) holding two pairs of latex gloves.
                            10) Mini-flashlight holder (AccuMold), Streamlight Scorpion
                            11) Radio holder (AccuMold)
                            12) Silent key holder (AccuMold)

Your University security director had this to say when I asked him if students actually carried ASP's and pepper spray...

My student staff carry two-way radios, flashlights, and a set of master keys. We require no special certification. They work closely with, and are trained by, my full-time officers.

Students lock and unlock campus buildings, perform security patrols, and respond to medical aid calls. Students typically do not deal with the criminal element of the job. The full-time officers handle this portion of the job.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Todd Badham
                            Director of Security

So what's the real deal, Puget?

And back on topic, most of the deputies I worked with during my internship preferred subways and quiznos, so they could see their food being made.

Comment

Originally posted by JKooL
                              I know this is hijacking the thread, but sorry Puget, I'm gonna have to call you out on this. Driving through while working security? You work student security through a 97 acre campus with about 2,500 students, and you drive around? My campus is twice your size and we don't drive around... And for some of the stories you tell, the crime statistics from your campus are awfully low.

Furthermore, you posted that you carry the following in the duty gear section...

1) Key holder. Something to just snap my keys onto in a hurry. (Bianchi AccuMold)
                              2) Cell phone holder. Just a black, velcro, nylon pouch. Not sure of the brand, I ordered it through Nextel.
                              3) 26" ASP baton. I carry it in an ASP sidebreak scabbard.
                              4) Pepper spray, First Defense MK-4 in a Bianchi AccuMold holder.
                              5) Leatherman Super Tool 200 carried in a single mag AccuMold pouch
                              6) Handcuffs, Smith & Wesson M-100 in a covered AccuMold pouch.

Then there is a gap on the belt in the middle of my back. This is the stuff I access with my left hand, but still continuing around the belt clockwise.

7) Handcuffs again, same setup.
                              8) D-cell flashlight ring. (AccuMold) I carry a Streamlight 35-X
                              9) Latex glove pouch (AccuMold) holding two pairs of latex gloves.
                              10) Mini-flashlight holder (AccuMold), Streamlight Scorpion
                              11) Radio holder (AccuMold)
                              12) Silent key holder (AccuMold)

Your University security director had this to say when I asked him if students actually carried ASP's and pepper spray...

My student staff carry two-way radios, flashlights, and a set of master keys. We require no special certification. They work closely with, and are trained by, my full-time officers.

Students lock and unlock campus buildings, perform security patrols, and respond to medical aid calls. Students typically do not deal with the criminal element of the job. The full-time officers handle this portion of the job.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Todd Badham
                              Director of Security

So what's the real deal, Puget?

And back on topic, most of the deputies I worked with during my internship preferred subways and quiznos, so they could see their food being made.
                              Uhhh, didn't even read all of your post.

That is where I work security nine months of the year when school is in session.

Right now I am working at an agency based out of Vancouver, WA. I work in the Longview, WA branch of this company.

Glad to see my boss at school e-mailed you. He's a hell of a guy.

Any more questions for me?

And wow...my belt setup has changed a lot since I posted that a few months ago.
                              Last edited by Puget Sound; 08-19-2005, 08:43 PM.
                              Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
                              Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4166 users online. 193 members and 3973 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X