Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to a since of duty, loyalty, and respect?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to a since of duty, loyalty, and respect?

Growing up I was taught that you treated every veteran, police officer, and elderly person ( or your elders as my parents put it) with the upmost respect. What happened to that? I've noticed more and more the young people of this country treat these people with nothing but distain. If my parents even so much as thought I looked at someone the wrong way I was in for it.
    I have 3 kids....which my husband and I have taught the same morals and respect that was instilled in us. And every kid that comes to our house or goes anywhere with us has to follow the same rules. My husband has come home many times upset because he had encounters with kids that were still toddlers that treated him as if he were some super villian.
    I can't believe how fast it seems the attitude of the youth of this country has lost it's loyalty and respect. They seem to no longer have the sense of duty that so many in my generation have felt. Sad that today's youth is the future of this great country.

Yeah, I agree.

And when I was a kid, adults were saying the same thing about my generation.

How a child behaves, or misbehaves, can only be attributed the child's parents and how much, or little, they participate in their life.
    You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

It's true that there are tons of disrespectful children and teenagers out there, but there are many kids that were/are taught the same morals you were. And I'd go as far as saying that probably most of the young people are "good". The problem is that you don't really notice them like you would notice someone who is acting against the rules or is being disrespectful.

Comment

"Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority, they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers"

Socrates, as quoted by Plato in 400 BC

Though there weren't as many drive-bys back then!!!

Comment

Yeah, that's a good one. Seems like they had the same problems for hundreds of years!
          Shakespeare said something like:
          "I would there were no age between ten and three-and-twenty, or that youth would sleep out the rest, for there is nothing in the between but getting wenches with child, wronging the ancientry, stealing, fighting."

Comment

more and more single parents, more teens having kids parents who act like teens and are in their 30s, drug addicted parents-, alcoholic parents, drugs in the schools-lots of them, The drug war(? yea this one is going well)

high divorce rates choose all these things and more are a factor.

Perverted 40 year old teachers having sex with teen boys, the list is endless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. J21
              Growing up .............. My husband has come home many times upset because he had encounters with kids that were still toddlers that treated him as if he were some super villian.
              Its true that it is about how you were raised. One of the things we have to remember is that kids respond to authority because of how they are preached to that cops etc. are authority. As if to say adults could do whatever they want if the cops werent around. Like the cops are doing something wrong. Lots of times the kids dont see the wrong their parents have done, they only see the consequences.

Parents seem to be teaching their children that cops are enemies and you should never even speak to one. As a matter of fact you should run and hide if you see one. Me personally, my feelings today are the same as when I was a child (as my parents taught me).

One of my earliest memories was at a store of some kind, I got separated from my parents and saw a cop, I ran to the officer, wrapped my tiny arms around his leg and knew I was safe. Today, never having been on my own, I still prefer to hang with cops and still know that as long as they are there, I am safe. I would never go somewhere where there were no cops. Could also have someting to do with the fact that i dont do wrong and therefore have no guilt or reason to hide. Not to get too mushie...but...thanks guys.
              Signed,
              Still just a scared kid. Kisses.

Ps. I am still a tough biker chick and dont want to hear a word about showing my vulnerability! grrrrrr

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5445 users online. 292 members and 5153 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X