Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here work with NOPD (New Orleans)?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here work with NOPD (New Orleans)?

I'm reading a book called "Killer with a Badge" which occured in 1995 and I'm wondering if anyone here was working with NOPD at the time. Very interesting yet sad reading.
    "Support Our Troops"

Originally posted by TheMP5guy
    I'm reading a book called "Killer with a Badge" which occured in 1995 and I'm wondering if anyone here was working with NOPD at the time. Very interesting yet sad reading.
    Is that about the lady cop whom her and her b/f killed her partner who was working at a food store while robbing the place. The witness(family member) hid in the refrigerator and saw the whole thing.
    Leave Space Empty

Comment

I dont work there, but I work for their former Chief... Good book?
      Irish Toasts
      When we drink, we get drunk.
      When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
      When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
      When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
      So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by GPOC
        Is that about the lady cop whom her and her b/f killed her partner who was working at a food store while robbing the place. The witness(family member) hid in the refrigerator and saw the whole thing.
        You got it.
        "Support Our Troops"

Comment

Originally posted by RedDog4
          I dont work there, but I work for their former Chief... Good book?
          I'm not a huge reader, and I can't put the book down.
          "Support Our Troops"

Comment

I'm not a huge reader, and I can't put the book down.

Good enough for me, I think I'll go check it out... (Im not a huge reader either, so.....)
            Irish Toasts
            When we drink, we get drunk.
            When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
            When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
            When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
            So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Comment

You got it.

I was down there for Mardi Gras around when that happened.....crazy **** for sure....remember that well,there was also a huge Time or Newsweek story on that also.
              NO had if i remember correctly 16 murders that week near the city. The NO Police were pretty rough then,they had no qualms taking you in a alley and whipping your *** instead of arresting you. Corruption was rampant due to a truely pathetic salary they had. The last few times I have been to NO,it seemed their demeanor had changed greatly. I still have a pic of an undercover all dressed up in beads and stuff cuffing a pick pocket splayed against a wall...Funny picture from back then
              Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

I remember reading about this....I'm sure it was an absolute low point for NOPD.

Of course, now my department is ready to lower the hiring standards to get bodies....the thought of working side by side with felons is really making me swell with pride.

When will administrators learn.....s$#t in.....s^%t out
                Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by rpd1794
                  I remember reading about this....I'm sure it was an absolute low point for NOPD.

Of course, now my department is ready to lower the hiring standards to get bodies....the thought of working side by side with felons is really making me swell with pride.

When will administrators learn.....s$#t in.....s^%t out

Lowering standards seems to be the norm nowadays...The ones who score the best,you all know don't always get the job. Look at PG County,MD. hiring blitz right now. The ones who have no biz getting in surely will again. I say again because the same thing happened there 10 years ago.
                  Just shut your damn hole

Comment

I live about 30 miles outside of New Orleans, and I have almost all of the family on my mom's side living there. That city is so messed up it isn't even funny. Their main problem is that they require their officers to live in New Orleans, but that city is such an overpriced sh*thole, no one wants to so their numbers suffer. Everyone goes to "The Northshore" which is St. Tammany Parish, where I live. They pay better, we have the best schools, and there is far less crime.

There is so much corruption in pretty much every aspect of the government, not just the police department in New Orleans. They also average about six or seven murders a week.

Now, they are trying to pass some kind of program that moves a bunch of the people from the "projects" to Slidell, where I live. The goverment is going to pay for them and everything. I pray that doesn't happen, because our city is expanding enough as it is. We are already starting to get more crime. Our murder rate has gone up from pretty much none to about one or two a year. A couple of days ago, the Shell gas station up the street from my subdivision was held up and the guy blasted out all the windows.

Louisiana needs to sort their crap out.

That book looks good. I'll have to pick it up.

Comment

Here is the cover of the book for those who are interested.
                      Attached Files
                      "Support Our Troops"

Comment

I was actually thinking this may of been the one where the cop was a drug dealer as well..... I believe he tried to kill his partner as well and some witnesses....

Can't recall for sure.
                        THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Originally posted by Photogrrlz
                          I was actually thinking this may of been the one where the cop was a drug dealer as well..... I believe he tried to kill his partner as well and some witnesses....

Can't recall for sure.

It's a she that was the killer....her(cop) and her boyfriend/husband( don't remember which)
                          Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Her (Antoinette Frank) and her drug dealing boyfriend (Rogers Lacaze) went to rob a resturant. An officer from her shift (Williams) was working an off duty security detail at the resturant. When they entered they shot and killed Williams and later executed the owners. One escaped. This is the cole's notes version of what's on the back of the book.
                            "Support Our Troops"

Comment

Two separate incidents make NO stand out. One was Antoinette Frank and the botched robbery of the chinese food store, where she killed a guy that used to ride with her on duty.

The other is the federal FBI investigation of Lyn Davis, who is currently on death row for having a witness to his crimes killed. The FBI got davis and a bunch of other officers in a sting guarding a warehouse in the 5th district that was supposedly full of dope.
                              Some of the officers that were fired - about 44 of them if I remember correctly, were not involved in wrongdoing, but were just working a detail and really had no idea of the "drug" angle, but most were bad cats.

The department is still corrupt, all the way to the top. I was threatend with my life more than once there by other officers. The pay is pathetic, the city government is corrupt as it comes, the city is crime ridden and the judges are lax on the criminals and hard on the cops. Not to mention they have a residency rule and the average price of something in a "mostly safe" neighborhood will run you $180K.... all that on a $27K per year salary, and that's including the raises they got since I left 6 years ago.

New Orleans could be one of the best places to be a cop, and at one time it was. NYPD and LAPD used to come to NOPD to learn crowd control tactics. In the 1970s, NOPD was one of the first departments to create a SOD SWAT team following the Howard Johnson's incident involing a black militant killing 5 or 6 officers.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notoriou...Fessex/?sect=8

Mark Essex killed 5 police or cadets that day with a .44 magnum.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4820 users online. 255 members and 4565 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X