300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How far do you take your LE Pride?

Ok, I want to know how far you go in showing your LE Pride while off duty.

In High School I use to flaunt my football Letter jacket. Mainly because I was so proud of the things we accompolished as a team.

I take this memory and think about the camaraderie that is on the Police Force and how much pride and depth that is there and wonder how you show it.

I am a subscriber to Police Magazine. And this months issue came with a catalog that had novelty items for Officers. Some cool things in there I wouldnt mind purchasing.

Do you or would you wear a hat that says 'SWAT' on it, if you are a part of the SWAT Team?

What about a shirt that says 'Fear Is Not A Factor' with a huge arm coming out of it with a weapon on the end. Underneath that it says 'Law Enforcement'.

dont get me wrong, im not knocking it..that shirt looked cool!

I keep picturing 'Tackleberry' from the movie Police Academy and I cant help but think thats how I might be when I become an Officer. Buying all the cool stuff that comes with being an Officer.

So how much is too much for you? Are you a Tackleberry off duty, or do you try to not think about it as much when your not working?

This is just for my own information and curiousity.

When the car with the star on the side gets parked at the end of the shift that ends that. However home office is all police, FOP clock, diecast cars, a patch or two and framed certificates etc.

Comment

heck ya,,i wore my uniform out to dinner dates with my wife,,,no, dont wear anything off duty,,good way to get your car keyed, or draw unwanted attention to your spouse and kids, get snot in your food, in smaller towns all the terds know who you are anyway,,why make it easier.
      if you want it to wear to training or meetings, fine, but not out to the store and stuff.

Comment

Yeah:

Originally posted by gotthblues
        heck ya,,i wore my uniform out to dinner dates with my wife,,,no, dont wear anything off duty,,good way to get your car keyed, or draw unwanted attention to your spouse and kids, get snot in your food, in smaller towns all the terds know who you are anyway,,why make it easier.
        if you want it to wear to training or meetings, fine, but not out to the store and stuff.
        Yeah, I made the mistake of wearing my uniform once to Blockbuster and that was an adventure in itself. I'll just show my pride off to people I know and who respect it and at home. Especially being a correction's officer, in my small city lots of the inmates live here.
        - He took an aggressive stance with clenched fists. I then issued a short burst of my chemical agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabrim
          Yeah, I made the mistake of wearing my uniform once to Blockbuster and that was an adventure in itself. I'll just show my pride off to people I know and who respect it and at home. Especially being a correction's officer, in my small city lots of the inmates live here.
          well not to mention that if someone gets mad at you, they exploit the uniform or t shirts,,our power went out one winter, i was on day shift after briefing i stopped by the utililty company to let them know our power was out, for whatever reason two of the pecker heads at the counter didnt like the police that day,,well about an hour later i got called to the capts office, they called an complained that i came in threatening them with arrest, pulled my pistol out of the holster and crap like that, they got mouthy when i reported my power out, "well im sorry sir, we have alot of customers not just you" i ignored it and left. anyway i got lucky cause the manager of the office, was a good friend of my dads, he called and stuck up for me, and the employees later wrote me a letter of apology.

Comment

I never wear anything with any kind of police logo on it when im am off duty. I believe you should try to leave work at work and not bring it home.

The only thing I wear off duty is my Glock and badge.
            John D. MacDonald, "The early bird who catches the worm works for someone who comes in late and owns the worm farm."

Comment

Imagine being off duty and walking into a store with your police t-shirt on in "condition yellow" and getting blown away cuz some chit head saw your shirt. The less people know that I am a cop the better..ESPECIALLY when you're out with the family. "Burger.......its for the cop"
              Anyone who believes "the customer is always right" has never been a police officer.

Comment

You've got to be kidding..thats crazy!

I never actually thought about the whole 'bringing attention' thing, but as usual you guys are right. Why bring the added attention to the off duty life?

But I'd still wear that 'Fear Is Not A Factor' shirt

it was really cool looking.

Be careful out there fella's and thanks for replying.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin_Callahan
                  Imagine being off duty and walking into a store with your police t-shirt on in "condition yellow" and getting blown away cuz some chit head saw your shirt. The less people know that I am a cop the better..ESPECIALLY when you're out with the family. "Burger.......its for the cop"
                  no kidding...

Comment

When i first met my wife, her and the other girls {HAHA girls} waitresses had a running joke, WHich police shirt is E gonna wear this time???
                    I had the FOP placard on my plate, had the FOP member sticker on the windshield. Had some of those "Absolute Police, Law Enforcement" t-shirts, and so on. NOT any more. No FOP on my car, I will get the small FOP sticker soo though, Too many wackos out there looking for any excuse to start a road rage or some ****. I dont want my wife parking my car with a Police hat or big Iam A COP thing on it where she works, too many liberal cop hating college kids.
                    As far as pride, I do love being a cop but I dont flaunt it. I do have some of those art prints in my house, Norman ROckwell "Runaway" and some Mark Manwaring prints of old time cop cars in the south and a nice print of a K-9 sitting on a duty belt and uniform.
                    I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin_Callahan
                      There was a sad incident a few years ago in NY, I think it was either Brooklyn or the Bronx. Female off duty detective getting her hair done Had her badge and id but Iam not sure if she had her gun. Place gets held up and they start going through everyones pockets, BINGO We have an off duty cop here. I believe they killed her only cause of what she did. IAm not sure if she tried to fight them off, she might have but in the end she was killed cause she was 5-0
                      Last edited by e-man; 08-12-2005, 04:48 PM. Reason: sp.
                      I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by e-man
                        When i first met my wife, her and the other girls {HAHA girls} waitresses had a running joke, WHich police shirt is E gonna wear this time???
                        I had the FOP placard on my plate, had the FOP member sticker on the windshield. Had some of those "Absolute Police, Law Enforcement" t-shirts, and so on. NOT any more. No FOP on my car, I will get the small FOP sticker soo though, Too many wackos out there looking for any excuse to start a road rage or some ****. I dont want my wife parking my car with a Police hat or big Iam A COP thing on it where she works, too many liberal cop hating college kids.
                        As far as pride, I do love being a cop but I dont flaunt it. I do have some of those art prints in my house, Norman ROckwell "Runaway" and some Mark Manwaring prints of old time cop cars in the south and a nice print of a K-9 sitting on a duty belt and uniform.
                        ROOKIE , i did the same,,till someone ran a flat head screw driver down the side of my truck.

Comment

Similar thing here in LA

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=14952

Originally posted by e-man
                          There was a sad incident a few years ago in NY
                          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                            ROOKIE , i did the same,,till someone ran a flat head screw driver down the side of my truck.
                            Hey BLUEs that was over 10 years ago, I was a ROOKIE
                            I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel

Do you guys/gals normally keep your badge/ID in your wallet??
                              Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3685 users online. 222 members and 3463 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X