Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of stuff that happened to me today...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of stuff that happened to me today...

My son asked me if any New York Yankee players used "asteroids".

I locked in an home heating oil price rate today. I'll be paying $286 a month (thanks OPEC).

A crackhead angrily protested that we (police) were behind the times and that this was "2005 BC".

*We received a CFS that a vacant house was the site of repeated drug activity. As we were about to check out the place with our guns at the low ready one of our guys says "Um, hey Sarge there's no magazine in your gun". I grabbed one from my duty belt and said nothing because there's no witty retort for that. Now if I can only weather the volley of Barney Fife references...

*Actually happened yesterday but just as embarassing today.
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

invisible bullets are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop

*We received a CFS that a vacant house was the site of repeated drug activity. As we were about to check out the place with our guns at the low ready one of our guys says "Um, hey Sarge there's no magazine in your gun". I grabbed one from my duty belt and said nothing because there's no witty retort for that. Now if I can only weather the volley of Barney Fife references...

*Actually happened yesterday but just as embarassing today.

Those words are priceless.

Comment

My son asked me if any New York Yankee players used "asteroids".

.[/I]
        #1 priceless,,,thats a good one

#2 you didnt put the magazine in your weapon,,,and you're a SGT. *i never would of guessed*

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller
          invisible bullets are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
          that is such a good reply.................
          Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

[QUOTE=BrickCop]one of our guys says "Um, hey Sarge there's no magazine in your gun". I grabbed one from my duty belt and said nothing because there's no witty retort for that.

i dont know that i could've maintained my composure at that point in time.

Comment

HEY Brick,,dont feel bad,,,,when i was a reserve officer,,,i got on about 2 weeks before i turned 21, got my stuff out of the way, and rode with an officer about 3 wks after i turned 21,,,,and ummmm,, welll,,about 2 hrs into the shift i turned to the officer and said "hey i have a question, when do i need to load my pistol" wellll,, after he got the car out of the ditch and wiped the tears from his eyes, he asked me for my weapon, he racked the slide back, handed it back to me, and asked if i could put it in the holster without shooting myself. , about 30 minutes later i asked him to drop me off and i went home , i didnt come back for about a month,,and it was not a good time when i finally showed back up.

Comment

Well, looking at your Avatar I hope Homer loads his gun the same way you do!!

A being a Sarge not too many people will actually tease you, though a few rooms may quiet down over the next week when you enter!

Just teasing

Did you change your morning routine that day?

Everyday I do the same thing..shirt, pants, boots, duty belt, rack one in and holster, body armour, cell phone, bankcard and proxycard in the left pocket, and then locking up my locker, and out the door with 3 minutes to spare before briefing! Anything that messes with that, and I am likely too walk into briefing without my pants!

Glad you're safe

Comment

Originally posted by cst.sb
                  A being a Sarge not too many people will actually tease you, though a few rooms may quiet down over the next week when you enter!
                  Glad you're safe
                  no way,,if the SGT messes up, it aint ever going away, we had one that arrested a guy for public intox and i dont know what happend, but he left out a letter on the citation and didnt find out till court, he had arrested the guy for "PUBIC INTOXICATION" that lived on forever.

Comment

Originally posted by cst.sb
                    Did you change your morning routine that day?

You hit the nail on the head my friend. I follow the exact same routine every morning, I usually give myself a pat check before I got out the door to confirm that I have everything. For some reason on this particular morning I was running late, I remembered thinking as I was retrieving my gun that I was forgetting my lunch in the refrigerator. I must have diverted to the frig prematurely. Sure enough when I got home there was the magazine on top of the frig.
                    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

You hit the nail on the head my friend. I follow the exact same routine every morning, I usually give myself a pat check before I got out the door to confirm that I have everything. For some reason on this particular morning I was running late, I remembered thinking as I was retrieving my gun that I was forgetting my lunch in the refrigerator. I must have diverted to the frig prematurely. Sure enough when I got home there was the magazine on top of the frig.
                      atleast you didnt leave your weapon all together, ive seen that one before

Comment

One night I brought in a prisoner, locking up my gun as I came in through the sally port. After wrapping up the processing paperwork at 0600 or so, I released the prisoner and headed down to the gas pumps to fuel up.

As I was standing there next to my car I casually rested my right hand on my holster. My empty holster. Oh, right! The sally port!

Now I toss my car keys in the lock box along with my pistol.
                        Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                          no way,,if the SGT messes up, it aint ever going away, we had one that arrested a guy for public intox and i dont know what happend, but he left out a letter on the citation and didnt find out till court, he had arrested the guy for "PUBIC INTOXICATION" that lived on forever.

oh my gooooodness! I had to catch my breath a couple time before I could read anymore posts! THAT was fabulous!!!!

Hey Brickcop....years ago as an explorer, I went on a ride-along while on vacation in Montana. After I had been with the Sgt. for a couple of hours we went back to the station for a break, one of the officers shouts something to the effect of "HOLY CRAP SGT!!!" and points at his belt which held his gun upside down! Appartently the top....thingamajig came loose and it was just hanging like that for who knows how long.....this was of course AFTER a bit of a pursuit/backup call. I was regretting my signature on the waiver at that point.
                          Last edited by Isla_; 08-11-2005, 09:12 PM. Reason: never you mind you
                          stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

Comment

We all have days when nothing works out right. I wonder why?
                            "Only imperfection is intolerant of imperfection"

Comment

That was last Friday for me. I swear, everything was going wrong. A bunch of little things at work started piling up and pretty soon, I was breaking everything I touched. Having a dumpy day, I treated myself to Quizno's for dinner. I got in the car with my cup of Dr. Pepper and dropped the damn thing on the floor. Soda everywhere...the time I decided to deviate from drinking diet soda and treat myself to a real, sugary soda. Blah.
                              Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6235 users online. 314 members and 5921 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X