X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cst.sb
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2004

online video games

So, anyone play any online video games - Medal of Honor, Battlefield 1942/vietnam, unreal tourney, etc?

Spee Dee hasn't posted anything to interesting in the last 30 seconds so I tried to get on a play a little Spearhead but get into the servers I like.

So, what do you play?
  • Washingtonian
    The Man
    • Apr 2005

Online gaming is great. I've been playing SWAT 4 online almost constantly until recently. I have Unreal Tourny but haven't installed it yet.
    Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

• Puget Sound
      YA RLY!
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Washingtonian
      Online gaming is great. I've been playing SWAT 4 online almost constantly until recently. I have Unreal Tourny but haven't installed it yet.
      SWAT 4 is a great game. I for some reason can't get the online feature to work. I even paid the damn subscription. I was pretty ****ed.
      Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
      Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

• Photogrrlz
        Queen of the Deuce
        • Jun 2003

I havent played my swat 4 game except for once....Never tried it online.... Hard to play on a lap top.....
        THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

• Washingtonian
          The Man
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Photogrrlz
          I havent played my swat 4 game except for once....Never tried it online.... Hard to play on a lap top.....
          I play it on a laptop, with a seperate mouse of course, using the touchpad would be impossible. It would be better on a desktop, but it works all right.

Comment

• Brav989

Originally posted by cst.sb
            So, anyone play any online video games - Medal of Honor, Battlefield 1942/vietnam, unreal tourney, etc?

Spee Dee hasn't posted anything to interesting in the last 30 seconds so I tried to get on a play a little Spearhead but get into the servers I like.

So, what do you play?
            Battlefield 2, Battlefield 1942, Counterstrike, DoD

Comment

• code3_K9
              No Longer Active
              • Apr 2004

If anyone wants to go head 2 head in some MADDEN, let me know..

Comment

• SO19Trojan
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2005

I'm a huge fan of online gaming.
                Most of my favs have been mentioned.

The Battlefield series etc etc etc.

It is a pain knowing that most of the guys you play are teenagers who just seem a bit too good at them !!

Comment

• toby101

I seen this article today, and then I ran into this thread. I just had to put two together and let you know. Please don't do this, I don't wanna lose you.

Man dies after 50 hours of computer games
                  South Korean left seat in Internet cafe only to use toilet, take brief naps
                  Updated: 6:43 p.m. ET Aug. 9, 2005
                  SEOUL, South Korea - A South Korean man who played computer games for 50 hours almost non-stop died of heart failure minutes after finishing his mammoth session in an Internet cafe, authorities said on Tuesday.

The 28-year-old man, identified only by his family name Lee, had been playing online battle simulation games at the cybercafe in the southeastern city of Taegu, police said.

Lee had planted himself in front of a computer monitor to play online games on Aug. 3. He only left the spot over the next three days to go to the toilet and take brief naps on a makeshift bed, they said.

"We presume the cause of death was heart failure stemming from exhaustion," a Taegu provincial police official said by telephone.

Lee had recently quit his job to spend more time playing games, the daily JoongAng Ilbo reported after interviewing former work colleagues and staff at the Internet cafe.

After he failed to return home, Lee's mother asked his former colleagues to find him. When they reached the cafe, Lee said he would finish the game and then go home, the paper reported.

He died a few minutes later, it said.

South Korea, one of the most wired countries in the world, has a large and highly developed game industry.

Comment

• cst.sb
                    Forum Member
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by toby101
                    I seen this article today, and then I ran into this thread. I just had to put two together and let you know. Please don't do this, I don't wanna lose you.

Updated: 6:43 p.m. ET Aug. 9, 2005
                    SEOUL, South Korea - A South Korean man who played computer games for 50 hours almost non-stop died of heart failure minutes after finishing his mammoth session in an Internet cafe, authorities said on Tuesday.

The 28-year-old man, identified only by his family name Lee, had been playing online battle simulation games at the cybercafe in the southeastern city of Taegu, police said.

Lee had planted himself in front of a computer monitor to play online games on Aug. 3. He only left the spot over the next three days to go to the toilet and take brief naps on a makeshift bed, they said.

"We presume the cause of death was heart failure stemming from exhaustion," a Taegu provincial police official said by telephone.

Lee had recently quit his job to spend more time playing games, the daily JoongAng Ilbo reported after interviewing former work colleagues and staff at the Internet cafe.

After he failed to return home, Lee's mother asked his former colleagues to find him. When they reached the cafe, Lee said he would finish the game and then go home, the paper reported.

He died a few minutes later, it said.

South Korea, one of the most wired countries in the world, has a large and highly developed game industry.
                    It wasn't his heart!!! It was probably a blood clot from sitting to long, like the ones yeah get on long flights!

Comment

• sig22640
                      Forum Member
                      • Jul 2005

Xbox Live is the place to be. I play Halo 2, Ghost Recon 2, and MVP Baseball 2005.

Comment

• carty
                        Forum Member
                        • Mar 2005

Counter-Strike. I play it competitively in leagues and tournaments for $. Fun times.

Comment

• Welpe
                          Emotionally Fragile
                          • Jan 2004

I used to play BF 1942 and the mod for it, Desert Combat. I haven't played in a while though. I wish my machine could run BF 2.

Do you have to pay extra to play SWAT 4 online?
                          Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

• Washingtonian
                            The Man
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Welpe
                            I used to play BF 1942 and the mod for it, Desert Combat. I haven't played in a while though. I wish my machine could run BF 2.

Do you have to pay extra to play SWAT 4 online?
                            Nope, it doesn't cost anything.

Comment

• Caspertoo
                              Sh*t Magnet
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by toby101
                              What a wuss, taking a break to use the toilet, a real man would catherize himself and just go where he is sitting, and HELLOOOO how about bedpans? And come on, just pick a good sniper camping spot and take a brief 2-5 minute nap! Jeez!

Hehe I am playing BF2 right now, probably will buy swat 4 sometime in the future. I play on gamecenters west servers.
                              Last edited by Caspertoo; 08-12-2005, 12:56 AM.
                              Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20961 users online. 58 members and 20903 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...