300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religion

Here we go folks. A topic on religion. Give us a brief little synopsis on what your stance is when it comes to religion and what not. Are you religious at all? Why or why not? If you are, does it play a big role in your life? Has your job in law enforcement (working with the scum of the earth) put a chip on your shoulder when it comes to God? Anything else you want to add, feel free.

Religion .................. the biggest cause of death that this world has ever seen !

I considor myself to be religous to a small extent but thats as far as I'll go - I will never ram it down anothers throat or do I feel the need to justify myself to others !!

It tends to be something that me and my mates don't really discuss.

I'll now sit back and see if this thread degenerates into the arguments that I've seen most religous threads turn into !!

Comment

Totally non-religious, an Atheist.
      Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired
        Totally non-religious, an Atheist.
        Oh no.......standing side by side with retired once again. What is the world coming to?
        Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
        Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

Agnostic. I'm not a true believer in any religion, but I am not a true disbeliever either.

Comment

I am a Christian. I believe it is not so much a "religion" for me as it is a spiritual relationship with God. I do believe that Jesus died for the sins of man.

It is a huge part of my life...if not my life. I believe it is what has lead me to be a more loving, caring and giving person, because I believe those are traits that God wants me to exhibit. I am by no means perfect, but I do try.

I do not talk about it much here, but instead try to treat people with respect, and hopefully let my qualities reflect that I am Christian. This does not always happen though, and I do have to humble myself. I will talk about it in person more, but if whomever I talk to does not want to hear it, I will respect that.

I'm not overly fundamentalist, I do drink alcohol and play cards (sorry Baptists ) but I try to keep it in moderation.

My beliefs are an intense and deep thing to me, and are not easy to put into words.
            Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

I knew I liked you Welpe

It's too late for me to go into anything deep right now....but I will be back to this thread.
              stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

Comment

Originally posted by Conner
                Here we go folks. A topic on religion. Give us a brief little synopsis on what your stance is when it comes to religion and what not. Are you religious at all? Why or why not? If you are, does it play a big role in your life? Has your job in law enforcement (working with the scum of the earth) put a chip on your shoulder when it comes to God? Anything else you want to add, feel free.
                I consider myself spiritual, but not religious. I do not think organized religion is the right path for me, but I've seen it help other people out of dark periods in their lives, so I'm not going to knock it.

I don't have a religion, but subscribe the belief (or philosophy) of Zen-Buddhism. I'm not as devout to the belief as I should be, I guess, but I try to "Zen" my way through many problems- even while at work.

I believe there is an inherent balance to all natural forces. Within each person is an equal capacity for good and evil. Because one does evil acts is not a choice of God, but a choice of that individual. It's up to us, individually, to acknowledge that each path lies before us and choose- and be willing accept the consequences, whether that choice was good or evil.
                You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Why do i need to believe in Fairy Tales that tell me what to do and not to do in order to be a good person. My family is supposedly deeply religious(Catholic) on the outside but when you get to know them they act like *******s. Claiming that you are devoted to God and then treating everybody like sh*t is a little hypocritical if you ask me. People like that remind me exactly why religion will never be a part of my life. I treat everyone with respect and try my hardest to not judge others. That is the most important thing. Why do people think that worshiping something they can't see makes them holy? It's quite odd to me. We won't even get into the words "Holy War".

Comment

I'm non-denominational Christian. I think denominations are the true downfall of religion.
                    I have a relationship with God, and I try to live my life the way I think is honorable, not necessarily by the bible. (Because, honestly, I have doubts about the bible sometimes. Translation, mostly.)

Comment

I 'grew up' Christian which is when all of our parents decide for us what we are to believe in. I even went to a Private/Christian school for 5 years.

When i was old enough to start questioning things and think deeply about it, i became Agnostic. I am totally openminded, but at this time in my life, i don't believe in one supreme being. And i have no need to.

I am all for religion because if that is what some people need to be good and/or get through life and hard times... far be it from me to take that hope and strength away from them.

I've said it many times, i don't need a book and threats about heaven and hell to do good in my life. I do good, because i choose to. I believe in myself and my ability to lead my life in the best way possible. I am strong because I am. Not because 'he' gives me the strength. I am good because i choose to be. Not because 'he' shows me the way.

What makes me sick is people who claim to be religious, but can't do right by their own lives. Whether it be lying, cheating/homewreckers , not helping other people, lacking compassion, stealing - you know who you are, and you know what you've done. But come Sunday.. By Gosh! You're a Christian!

I don't know how they sleep at night. And people try to tell me i am less of a person because i don't believe in some great tale - when i have stronger morals than most people i've come across... including allllll the 'religious' ones.

[I]God is a concept
                      By which we measure
                      Our pain
                      I

Comment

I figure someday (hopefully not soon) I will find out if their is a god or not....

I don't follow religion to much, so I don't feel it has a impact on my life. I do feel that things happen for a reason, but haven't figured out what I am supposed to learn from recent events in my life.

But I wonder how long it will take for this topic to get closed.....
                        THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

[QUOTE=LovnTheFuzz]I 'grew up' Christian which is when all of our parents decide for us what we are to believe in. I even went to a Private/Christian school for 5 years.

When i was old enough to start questioning things and think deeply about it, i became Agnostic. I am totally openminded, but at this time in my life, i don't believe in one supreme being. And i have no need to.

I am all for religion because if that is what some people need to be good and/or get through life and hard times... far be it from me to take that hope and strength away from them.

I've said it many times, i don't need a book and threats about heaven and hell to do good in my life. I do good, because i choose to. I believe in myself and my ability to lead my life in the best way possible. I am strong because I am. Not because 'he' gives me the strength. I am good because i choose to be. Not because 'he' shows me the way.

What makes me sick is people who claim to be religious, but can't do right by their own lives. Whether it be lying, cheating/homewreckers , not helping other people, lacking compassion, stealing - you know who you are, and you know what you've done. But come Sunday.. By Gosh! You're a Christian!

I don't know how they sleep at night. And people try to tell me i am less of a person because i don't believe in some great tale - when i have stronger morals than most people i've come across... including allllll the 'religious' ones.

[I]God is a concept
                          By which we measure
                          Our pain
                          I
                          Last edited by concon02; 08-12-2005, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Agnostic. Let bygones be bygones, can't we all just get along, etc., etc.
                            STFU! Another great suggestion from the same mind that brought you "Kiss my butt" and "Leave me alone"

Why not?

Comment

I'm a Christian...not because I'm better than everyone else....but because I know i'm not. I have experienced things on the job that are "God things" all the time. I know I need His help to overcome the unbearable burdens that this job can load us with. I don't push my values on others but will not compromise them for anyone.

I take some flack but feel blessed when some of the "flackers" come to me for help when they can't carry on. I try to lead by example but admit that I miss the goalpost at times. It's a very personal decision and choice. I made it.I will never try to force it, or myself, on you. I wish you the same blessings that I get.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6236 users online. 350 members and 5886 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X