300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota-where to stay?

I'm taking a little time off at the end of August, and the wife and kids want to go to the Mall of America. Does anyone have a good place to stay in the area? What is there to do besides go to the mall? Any boat trips, zoos, etc.? Thanks.
    Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Any of the hotels in the area of the Mall of America (MOA)is fine. There are plenty of hotels in the area. Try hotels in the cities of Edina, Burnsville, or Apple Valley. They are relatively close and are out of the crime areas. Otherwise, there are great hotels right next to the MOA.
    The Minnesota Zoo is in Apple Valley, MN. It is a couple of miles south of the MOA. IT is cheap and it also has an IMAX theater.
    Valley Fair - an amusement ride park is in Shakopee, MN, which is also south of the MOA. About 10 to 15 miles. Costs about 30 some bucks to get in.
    The Minnesota Science Museum is in downtown St. Paul. It is a great place to go with kids - they can run around and explore things.
    For boat rides, I am not to sure. You could go to Mille Lacs Lake in northern MN, about 100 miles north of the Twin Cities. They have charter fishing where you and the family can go on a boat and catch walleyes and other fish.
    The Metrodome Twin Stadium is downtown Minnespolis. Catch a Twin game.
    They have art museums (if you get into that) in Minneapolis and St. Paul.
    There is a Cabela's store in Owatana, MN. About 30-70 miles south of the Metro on Interstate 35.
    Since I have lived here all my life it is kinda boring... But I thing of more things to check out and get back to you.
    Post your question in the Minnesota Section under the US State forum on this site. You will get a lot more info on stuff to do.
    We intimidate those who intimidate others.

Comment

Thanks. I'll try the state section.
      Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by keith758
        I'm taking a little time off at the end of August, and the wife and kids want to go to the Mall of America. Does anyone have a good place to stay in the area? What is there to do besides go to the mall? Any boat trips, zoos, etc.? Thanks.
        I've been to the MOA, and all I can say is the West Edminton Mall is bigger. Watch out for the garlic shop, it smells terrible.

My family and I stayed in a Super 8 when we were there. It wasn't overly priced, but it wasn't a dump either. My only complaint is that they don't have cots so I spent the weekend sleeping on the hard floor.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5790 users online. 347 members and 5443 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X