• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkman
    replied
    Originally posted by toby101
    I love beer butt chicken, its the BEST.

That's funny I just heard that term used this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• AMG
    replied
    Charcoal, hickory or mequite wood.....to do it right!

Leave a comment:

• olnacl
    replied
    If you are gonna use propane or gas you might as well cook on your stove.

Charcoal all the way!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• mach4
    replied
    I use gas and the BF uses charcoal. If I'm grilling I want it fast. He likes to take his time and talk as he waits for the coals to get hot.

Leave a comment:

• Chiller
    replied
    Originally posted by Washingtonian
    Like Hank Hill, I use only the finest propane.

WORD

10 letters

Leave a comment:

• Groundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by The Colonel(44)
    Yes that egg charcoal grill is Grand but expensive at least $1,000 dollars,a friend of mine has one,I'll stick with my charsmoker&Brinkman charcoal smoker,I never use lighter fluid on mine.Just a electric wand!Nothing smells better than a Drunk Turkey smoking in the Brinkman
    I can't deny that they are expensive. I've had mine since '96 and I paid about half for what a new large one goes for now. The upside is that with the new ceramic compunds, they will last literally a lifetime. And even your mistakes taste better than anything cooked on a gas grill.

Leave a comment:

• Cinderella
    replied
    Charcoal .. definetly

everything tastes much better especialy when i dont set myself on fire
    trying to light it lol

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I love beer butt chicken, its the BEST.

Leave a comment:

• Hawkman
    replied
    I own several gas grills and charcoal grills. I tend to use both depending on what it is that I am making. If I am going to sear something or something that doesn't take long, I will use the 4 burner gas grill. The Weber Kettle grill is used for all the slow cooked meats and beer can chicken. I don't like the wait on charcoal grills so I use ready to light charcoal.

I find that there are advantages to using both, If you are a hardcore grill man try them both.

Leave a comment:

• BaseballBabe
    replied
    I like the charcoal better. You actually taste the "grit" of the food

Leave a comment:

• The Colonel(44)
    replied
    Originally posted by gpd810mertie
    I just bought a new Weber...and I love it so far. I have a natural gas line right out on the deck, but I've yet to have it hooked up to my weber (I'm afraid of gas and husband is too busy anyway to mess with it). Since I do all the grilling, I just use propane. I don't have time for charcoal...nor do I want to deal with the mess of the used coals. I've got enough to do lol. I've yet to buy a drunk chicken roaster...but it's on my list. Heard it's the BEST chicken by far!
    You can get the drunk chicken roaster at Lowes,Sam's,Walmart for about $5.99.May I suggest if you want to smoke a turkey,use a Tall can of budweiser beer it will fit nicley in the roaster stand.I used extra virgin oil and rubbed it onto the turkey,and all season salt.Plug the top of the Turkey with a potato and your set.I kept the smoker temp between 250& 300 degrees for (7) hours!

Leave a comment:

• gpd810mertie
    replied
    I just bought a new Weber...and I love it so far. I have a natural gas line right out on the deck, but I've yet to have it hooked up to my weber (I'm afraid of gas and husband is too busy anyway to mess with it). Since I do all the grilling, I just use propane. I don't have time for charcoal...nor do I want to deal with the mess of the used coals. I've got enough to do lol. I've yet to buy a drunk chicken roaster...but it's on my list. Heard it's the BEST chicken by far!

Leave a comment:

• Java King
    replied
    I have both. I like the charcoal better, you get better grilling flavor. The propane is nice when you're in a hurry.

Leave a comment:

• realluke
    replied
    I have both like gas better the food tastes better but thats just me

Leave a comment:

• The Colonel(44)
    replied
    Originally posted by Groundhog
    I am a purist and only use natural lump charcoal in one of these. I'll never go back to a gasser.
    Yes that egg charcoal grill is Grand but expensive at least $1,000 dollars,a friend of mine has one,I'll stick with my charsmoker&Brinkman charcoal smoker,I never use lighter fluid on mine.Just a electric wand!Nothing smells better than a Drunk Turkey smoking in the Brinkman

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2789 users online. 137 members and 2652 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X