300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charcoal or gas grill?

Here is a totally random question for everybody. What do you prefer to use, a charcoal or a gas grill? Do you think the flavor tastes better on one versus the other? And what do you think are the secrets to great grilling? I plan to buy a grill now that they are on sale but want to hear from all of the experts first.

Im rather fond of my natural gas grill. It never runs out. Its ready in minutes. There are so many tips & tricks on expert grilling, I'd suggest buying a book on the topic.

Comment

My dad just got a gas grill for his bday. It's awesome. Much more practical, and sexy.

Comment

We have a natural gas grill and I love it. Never have to chase after propane in the middle of cooking or never have to let the charcoal warm up which takes forever.

Also the key thing to make a great grill out a success is drinking a beer while cooking.

Comment

Like Hank Hill, I use only the finest propane.
          Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

I have a propane grill. It heats up and is ready MUCH faster than a charcoal grill, and much easier to clean up. However, I do like the flavor that comes from using a charcoal grill, but hate the wait and hate the mess. I've never had the pleasure of natural gas (errr, grills I mean), I didn't even know it was used.
            "He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still"

-Lao Tzu

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

-Reinhold Niebuhr

Comment

I run lp but I did it a little different,instead of using those 20lb. tanks which always seem to run out on you,at the worst times {and to change it with the spare one does get old}I tied my grill into my 100lb. lp tank for my home range.

Never run out,don't worry about what's in the tank?... do I have spare? Ready at all times, it was a good move.

Comment

I have a gas grill and am in the planning stage to build a "built in" and tie it into my natural gas line. That said: I love how fast gas is ready to go and there are many ways to "help" the flavor (smoke chips etc). I also like the flavor of charcoal but hate waiting, getting rid of the ash, etc. Pain in the butt. So I'll stick with gas.

If your getting a gas grill, go for the good ones. One that spreads the heat well and has easy to clean grill grates. Trust me spend the money and you 'll be a lot happier in the future.

Comment

I am a purist and only use natural lump charcoal in one of these. I'll never go back to a gasser.

Comment

Charcoal...all the way. I use Matchlight and there is not a long wait.

I had a propane grill, but i like the charcoal taste better. Otherwise i'll just broil the food under the broiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog
                      I am a purist and only use natural lump charcoal in one of these. I'll never go back to a gasser.
                      Yes that egg charcoal grill is Grand but expensive at least $1,000 dollars,a friend of mine has one,I'll stick with my charsmoker&Brinkman charcoal smoker,I never use lighter fluid on mine.Just a electric wand!Nothing smells better than a Drunk Turkey smoking in the Brinkman

Comment

I have both like gas better the food tastes better but thats just me
                        but ossifer im not to drive to drunk

Comment

I have both. I like the charcoal better, you get better grilling flavor. The propane is nice when you're in a hurry.
                          That's right, bring me my royal coffee!

Comment

I just bought a new Weber...and I love it so far. I have a natural gas line right out on the deck, but I've yet to have it hooked up to my weber (I'm afraid of gas and husband is too busy anyway to mess with it). Since I do all the grilling, I just use propane. I don't have time for charcoal...nor do I want to deal with the mess of the used coals. I've got enough to do lol. I've yet to buy a drunk chicken roaster...but it's on my list. Heard it's the BEST chicken by far!

Comment

Originally posted by gpd810mertie
                              I just bought a new Weber...and I love it so far. I have a natural gas line right out on the deck, but I've yet to have it hooked up to my weber (I'm afraid of gas and husband is too busy anyway to mess with it). Since I do all the grilling, I just use propane. I don't have time for charcoal...nor do I want to deal with the mess of the used coals. I've got enough to do lol. I've yet to buy a drunk chicken roaster...but it's on my list. Heard it's the BEST chicken by far!
                              You can get the drunk chicken roaster at Lowes,Sam's,Walmart for about $5.99.May I suggest if you want to smoke a turkey,use a Tall can of budweiser beer it will fit nicley in the roaster stand.I used extra virgin oil and rubbed it onto the turkey,and all season salt.Plug the top of the Turkey with a potato and your set.I kept the smoker temp between 250& 300 degrees for (7) hours!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3394 users online. 184 members and 3210 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X