Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling Centurion44 (and others welcome too)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling Centurion44 (and others welcome too)

I want a political disscussion! Not a bashing or name calling session, but a disscussion. I read a bit on the site for the link you posted and I agree with alot of the things they have to say. One thing I find lacking though, what is the Liberatarian stance on abortion. I am not looking for a disscussion on whether abortion is right or wrong, I have my own convictions on this issue that no one will ever be able to change. I just want to know where they stand on the issue, and I am looking for more insights into the party.

Thank for posting the link
    Last edited by Isla_; 08-08-2005, 09:11 PM. Reason: because I didn't make a complete sentence..but I did make no sense
    stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

O.k I'll bite. Personaly I don't believe the government should have any say so in the matter. It's a personal decision. Do I believe in abortion....absolutely NOT.

Comment

Libertarians are for minimal government interference. Therefore, they're overwhelmingly pro-choice.
      Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

I think my sig says it all. Do I support abortion as a decision? Absolutely not. I have a reverence for all life (well, except for most people older than 21 ).

However the government should not step in on the issue.

I find that it's rarely hard to hold a civil debate on the abortion issue for any length of time. But I'm willing to try as long as it stays civil.
        You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Abortion is a woman
          Retired

Comment

Originally posted by Washingtonian
            Libertarians are for minimal government interference. Therefore, they're overwhelmingly pro-choice.

I don't know if I'm right-wing, left-wing, liberal, republican, democrat, or independant. I don't think it's that easy anymore. 50 years ago you could ask someone that and they could say one way or the other and be a real stickler about it. Today the party lines are so intermengled that a person could be liberal on one issue and be on the other end of the spectrum on another issue.

When is comes to an individual's right to medical procedures I don't believe the government has a right to tell me what medical procedures I can and can't have. Maybe I'll broaden the debate a bit...........

Teri Shivo.....does the government have the right to say wheather a person can stay on life support or not?

I hold an elected government office.....Clerk-Treasurer. I'm glad these types of issues are not mine to deal with. Now if you owe money...that's a different story.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughtful replies, I was not actually looking to get into a disscussion about abortion, I was just wondering what the official stand by the Liberatarian Party is reguarding this issue.

I have been thinking about my own political stance lately, and it always seems to come down to the lesser of two evils, which doesn't really make me happy. I realize however that not everyone has my same convictions, so I am never going to completely agree with any political party. I like that the Liberatarian is for less government, but I have a hard time with not taking action against things I see as morally wrong. I don't think I could ever say yes to legalizing drugs or prostitution.
              stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

Comment

[QUOTE=retired]Abortion is a woman
                Last edited by BaseballBabe; 08-08-2005, 07:49 PM.
                "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                Not Yet Visited: 16
                Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

[QUOTE=Mrs.
                  Teri Shivo.....does the government have the right to say wheather a person can stay on life support or not?

.[/QUOTE]

HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
                  Leave Space Empty

Comment

Originally posted by BaseballBabe
                    What is the father wants nothing to do with the baby? Then what.
                    BBB

Her Choice then
                    Leave Space Empty

Comment

No matter who says what, a woman's body is her body, and hers alone. No one should have the right to overpower a decision made woman with regards to her own body.

If you remove the intellectual reasons a woman may not want a pregnancy and just look at the physical, who are we, especially being a man, to judge. A pregnant woman body will change as the baby grows, with that comes a host of different complications from, stretch marks, high blood pressure, depression, diabetes, and even death.

Who are we to tell anyone that they must take those risks because a value or belief system that may differ from ours?

just my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by BaseballBabe
                        What is the father wants nothing to do with the baby? Then what.
                        BBB
                        If he doesn't then it's her choice solely. But if he does, isn't he just as much a parent as the mother? Why should he be excluded?
                        Retired

Comment

Originally posted by cst.sb
                          No matter who says what, a woman's body is her body, and hers alone. No one should have the right to overpower a decision made woman with regards to her own body.

If you remove the intellectual reasons a woman may not want a pregnancy and just look at the physical, who are we, especially being a man, to judge. A pregnant woman body will change as the baby grows, with that comes a host of different complications from, stretch marks, high blood pressure, depression, diabetes, and even death.

Who are we to tell anyone that they must take those risks because a value or belief system that may differ from ours?

just my 2 cents
                          I understand your points, but she isn't aborting her body or her life. She is aborting a life or potential life that she and her husband created. They created the life together and in my opinion should decide together to abort or not to abort.
                          Retired

Comment

Originally posted by retired
                            If he doesn't then it's her choice solely. But if he does, isn't he just as much a parent as the mother? Why should he be excluded?

I can understand if he wants to help raise the baby then that is fine and if the woman wants it.
                            Never said that the father should be excluded in this. Since it takes two to make a baby.

Ok... done with this.
                            "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                            Not Yet Visited: 16
                            Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Originally posted by retired
                              I understand your points, but she isn't aborting her body or her life. She is aborting a life or potential life that she and her husband created. They created the life together and in my opinion should decide together to abort or not to abort.
                              Sure, if the woman is married there should be all kinds of discussion and counselling. Ultimately it is going to be her decision, or society will step back a pace, and women may seek abortions that put their lives at risk.

I agree, as my wife went off to the hospital and today to have our third (false alarm and my 9 month pat leave is delayed once again ) that as a "couple" aborting a child should be a choice made between the two people.

It's tuff, because no matter the decision what will be left of the marriage/relationship anyway if the woman's decision is made for her? Then if a court was to impose that the woman can carry to term, what then? Will they tell her she isn't allowed to divorce her husband if she decides to leave?

My suggestion is that maybe the guy should move on and find a like minded wife that wants children and a family. Because if the relationship ends and she takes the child, has the guy not lost everything he was hoping for?

Very tuff stuff.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158441 users online. 133 members and 158308 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X