300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read it and weep, it is so true.

NORMANDY, FRANCE (June 6, 1944) Three hundred French civilians were killed and thousands more were wounded today in the first hours of America's invasion of continental Europe. Casualties were heaviest among women and children. Most of the French casualties were the result of artillery fire from American ships attempting to knock out German fortifications prior to the landing of hundreds of thousands of U.S. troops. Reports from a makeshift hospital in the French town of St. Mere Eglise said the carnage was far worse than the French had anticipated, and that reaction against the American invasion was running high. "We are dying for no reason, "said a Frenchman speaking on condition of anonymity.?Americans can't even shoot straight. I never thought I'd say this, but life was better under Adolph Hitler."

The invasion also caused severe environmental damage. American troops, tanks, trucks and machinery destroyed miles of pristine shoreline and thousands of acres of ecologically sensitive wetlands. It was believed that the habitat of the spineless French crab was completely wiped out, thus threatening the species with extinction. A representative of Greenpeace said his organization, which had tried to stall the invasion for over a year, was appalled at the destruction, but not surprised. "This is just another example of how the military destroys the environment without a second thought," said Christine Moanmore. "And it's all about corporate greed."

Contacted at his Manhattan condo, a member of the French government-in-exile who abandoned Paris when Hitler invaded said the invasion was based solely on American financial interests. "Everyone knows that President Roosevelt has ties to 'big beer'," said Pierre LeWimp. "Once the German beer industry is conquered, Roosevelt's beer cronies will control the world market and make a fortune."

Administration supporters said America's aggressive actions were based in part on the assertions of controversial scientist Albert Einstein, who sent a letter to Roosevelt speculating that the Germans were developing a secret weapon -- a so-called "atomic bomb". Such a weapon could produce casualties on a scale never seen before, and cause environmental damage that could last for thousands of years. Hitler has denied having such a weapon and international inspectors were unable to locate such weapons even after spending two long weekends in Germany. Shortly after the invasion began, reports surfaced that German prisoners had been abused by American soldiers. Mistreatment of Jews by Germans at their so-called "concentration camps" has been rumored, but so far this remains unproven.

Several thousand Americans died during the first hours of the invasion, and French officials are concerned that the uncollected corpses will pose a public-health risk. "The Americans should have planned for this in advance," they said. "It's their mess, and we don't intend to help clean it up.
    RIP Brett Thompson, 17, 09/12/1989-09/14/2006

Seatbelts save lives

Originally posted by usafcop64528
    NORMANDY, FRANCE (June 6, 1944) Three hundred French civilians were killed and thousands more were wounded today in the first hours of America's invasion of continental Europe. Casualties were heaviest among women and children. Most of the French casualties were the result of artillery fire from American ships attempting to knock out German fortifications prior to the landing of hundreds of thousands of U.S. troops. Reports from a makeshift hospital in the French town of St. Mere Eglise said the carnage was far worse than the French had anticipated, and that reaction against the American invasion was running high. "We are dying for no reason, "said a Frenchman speaking on condition of anonymity.?Americans can't even shoot straight. I never thought I'd say this, but life was better under Adolph Hitler."

The invasion also caused severe environmental damage. American troops, tanks, trucks and machinery destroyed miles of pristine shoreline and thousands of acres of ecologically sensitive wetlands. It was believed that the habitat of the spineless French crab was completely wiped out, thus threatening the species with extinction. A representative of Greenpeace said his organization, which had tried to stall the invasion for over a year, was appalled at the destruction, but not surprised. "This is just another example of how the military destroys the environment without a second thought," said Christine Moanmore. "And it's all about corporate greed."

Contacted at his Manhattan condo, a member of the French government-in-exile who abandoned Paris when Hitler invaded said the invasion was based solely on American financial interests. "Everyone knows that President Roosevelt has ties to 'big beer'," said Pierre LeWimp. "Once the German beer industry is conquered, Roosevelt's beer cronies will control the world market and make a fortune."

Administration supporters said America's aggressive actions were based in part on the assertions of controversial scientist Albert Einstein, who sent a letter to Roosevelt speculating that the Germans were developing a secret weapon -- a so-called "atomic bomb". Such a weapon could produce casualties on a scale never seen before, and cause environmental damage that could last for thousands of years. Hitler has denied having such a weapon and international inspectors were unable to locate such weapons even after spending two long weekends in Germany. Shortly after the invasion began, reports surfaced that German prisoners had been abused by American soldiers. Mistreatment of Jews by Germans at their so-called "concentration camps" has been rumored, but so far this remains unproven.

Several thousand Americans died during the first hours of the invasion, and French officials are concerned that the uncollected corpses will pose a public-health risk. "The Americans should have planned for this in advance," they said. "It's their mess, and we don't intend to help clean it up.
    What will History say about Gulf WAR 1&2 and the Americans not finding (WMD)????

Comment

I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make with this thread. But as far as WWII goes both my Grandfathers fought and served during WWII. As a matter of fact we attended the last known VJ Day parade left in the U.S today. I'm proud of both of them and everything they did and all they endured.
      I come from a long line of military and law enforcement personnel. I get sick of people complaining and dogging our military and law enforcement. If it weren't for the brave men and women of our armed forces people wouldn't be free to do all the things they are free to do today. The next time you wake up in the morning with the freedom to worship whom you choose, drive what you want, live where you want to live, get an advanced education, work the job you have a choice of working, wear what you want to wear, marry who you want to marry and have the freedom to complain in public, in writting or the internet about anything and everything......................than THANK A VETERAN for sacrificing their arms, legs, eyes, ears, hearts and souls to preserve those rights for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. J21
        I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make with this thread. But as far as WWII goes both my Grandfathers fought and served during WWII. As a matter of fact we attended the last known VJ Day parade left in the U.S today. I'm proud of both of them and everything they did and all they endured.
        I come from a long line of military and law enforcement personnel. I get sick of people complaining and dogging our military and law enforcement. If it weren't for the brave men and women of our armed forces people wouldn't be free to do all the things they are free to do today. The next time you wake up in the morning with the freedom to worship whom you choose, drive what you want, live where you want to live, get an advanced education, work the job you have a choice of working, wear what you want to wear, marry who you want to marry and have the freedom to complain in public, in writting or the internet about anything and everything......................than THANK A VETERAN for sacrificing their arms, legs, eyes, ears, hearts and souls to preserve those rights for you.
        My point is, we did something right there, we are doing something right in Iraq, and in both places there were ***wipes who said we shouldn't go etc.

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Was this an actual article or is it a parody? It seems to be the latter but I'm not sure.
          Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
            Was this an actual article or is it a parody? It seems to be the latter but I'm not sure.
            Its a parody. At least, that is how it was sent to me....

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

Originally posted by The Don
              What will History say about Gulf WAR 1&2 and the Americans not finding (WMD)????
              We found plenty of WMD's during Gulf War I, trust me.

I get a quarterly update from the VA because my unit was exposed when an Iraqi weapons cache in Khamisiyah was destroyed that contained chemical weapons. The resulting cloud of chemicals released into the air exposed almost 500 distinct units, mine is #445;

http://www.mendonet.com/588th/gulflist.htm
              Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

I didn't mean to offend anyone. I was a little ticked off to start with and when I read the thread I took it wrong. The VJ Day parade we attended is the last in the Nation and may not last much longer. The new Major of the town it's held in is a suck #$%@. He announced that he wanted to change the name of the parade or do away with it all together because it offended the Japanesse business owners in the area. My thought TUFF! They shouldn't have attacked Pearl. Had they have not attacked us we may never have gotten involved in WWII. So sad how fast we lose our pride and appreciation for our veretans when we think we may lose out on a dollar.

(Getting down off my soap box now. Thanks for letting me rant. And thanks for not attacking me.)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4903 users online. 273 members and 4630 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X