Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have any hard to believe (because they're not true) stories?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have any hard to believe (because they're not true) stories?

This is an opportunity to share all of the biggest lies you have heard.

I once worked with a guy who said he had snowboarded on Mt. Everest, "fired a gattling gun on a Comanche helicopter," and that he could do various Karate moves. When I asked him to demonstrate the Karate moves he said he couldn't because his boots were too heavy. I invited him to remove his boots but he declined.

Also knew a guy who claimed he owned tons of real estate, had "special forces" training, etc.

Some people are just habitual liars. With these people sometimes I will just go with it just to see what B.S. they will come up with next. It can be pretty entertaining.

Anyway, what are some of the best ones you've heard?
    Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
    Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Our "hab liar" had some doozies,

138 confirmed sniper kills in desert storm,
    HALO jump for 8 hours,
    buried himself completely in the sand to avoid enemy capture,

the list went on and on.....lmao
    There's no substitute for strength,
    and no excuse for a lack of it!!

Comment

8 Hour HALO jump...where'd he jump from, high earth orbit?

This one guy I used to work with would lie for the fun of it I think. Everyone knew he was full of crap but humored him anyways. His best (worst) lie was that he was riding his motorcycle, went down at 130 mph and only had minor scratches.
      Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
        8 Hour HALO jump...where'd he jump from, high earth orbit?

This one guy I used to work with would lie for the fun of it I think. Everyone knew he was full of crap but humored him anyways. His best (worst) lie was that he was riding his motorcycle, went down at 130 mph and only had minor scratches.
        Hahahaha...

That reminds me of some stories hicks used to tell back in high school...

"I rolled my quad off a fifty foot cliff and all I got was a scratch on my elbow."

Oh man, we use to laugh so much about that crap.
        Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
        Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

We had a guy who repeatedly claimed he played semi- pro baseball until a knee injury derailed his path career path to the big leagues. Fast forward a few laters later when our PD entered a softball tourney against other PD's. He was the first guy we grabbed, there was only one problem...he absolutely sucked.

He couldn't hit (or catch) a slow pitched beach ball.
          Last edited by BrickCop; 08-04-2005, 10:24 PM.
          Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

I performed with a guitar player that claimed to have played for the 80's hairband Poison. He claims he was in the band when they made their first single song release. Problem is, I got hold of some original line up photo's & can't find him in a single one.
            I confronted him on it & he tells me...."Back then I was too drunk & had too many women around to show up for the photo session".
            That's right, bring me my royal coffee!

Comment

A former co-worker/security used to tell us he was going to become LEO!!! (you had to know him I guess cause I am still laughing when I think about it! lol)

One of the local drug dealers at the mall claimed he was ex-seal......ya..thats why he was 20 something and he hung out with 15 and 16 year olds....
              stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

Comment

A guy in my army reserve unit told everyone that when he was in a different reserve unit they sent him to sniper school. After a few seconds my BS detector went off and I asked him what kind of scope he used.

He said, "A good one. It was a 500X scope specially designed for 1000-yard shots, which I was trained to make."

He did not know the brand name of the scope, or the nomeclature on the sniper rifle he supposedly used. He also said he did the sniper course at Fort Dix, and it was classified so it wouldn't appear in his file.

When I pointed out that a four-power scope made a thousand-yard shot seem like a (much easier) 250-yard shot, and therefore a 500-power scope would make it seem like you were shooting at someone six feet away from you, he said I wasn't up on the latest in sniper technology.
                Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

http://www.goodthink.com/writing/vie...d=11&page_id=2
                  Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4382 users online. 275 members and 4107 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X