Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Bushido
    replied
    This is an exciting time for your son ... part of the reason is due to the action he's likely to see. I pray he comes through unscathed physically and emotionally. The Corps is definitely different than civilian life; I served 4 years and nothing has impacted my life to the degree my time in the Corps did. I became a Man there, instead of the spoiled kid I was prior to that.

Semper Fi and I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Leave a comment:

• Eastside
    replied
    Congratulations to your boy,your family must be very very proud.
    Nice to see when young folk(Bloody hell im only 30...!!)are donning a uniform to protect others.

Leave a comment:

• Sotex
    replied
    Semper Fi!!

Leave a comment:

• Migraman
    replied
    Best of luck at MCRD. I'm sure this young Devil Pup will do us all proud.
    SEMPER FI!

Leave a comment:

• DETSGT
    replied
    Welcome to the club son, your family has now increased to too many to count.
    Good luck and Semper Fi from and OLD Marine

Leave a comment:

• The Don
    replied
    Well like Father like Son:A natural born leader,Make your Dad proud Aric,Be the best you can be and survive listen and learn from your superior's in the Marines.Peace be yours enjoy your Senior Year in High School and God's speed as you prepare yourself to represent (The United States of America) in combat,I saltue you

Leave a comment:

• BaseballBabe
    replied
    Congrats to your son,Az! I wish him well

Leave a comment:

• Ninjagirl
    replied
    Semper Fi

Got ton of Basic tricks to make it easier....like stealing apples from the kitchen for a late night snack....the core flushes! No wrappers!!

Leave a comment:

• lsmalibu
    replied
    Semper Fi to your son. Just make sure HE knows how to spell "Corps"

And yes, he'll graduate boot as a PFC, E-2 BTW. I also recruited two fellow Marines from my HS and got E-2 throught boot camp.

Leave a comment:

• Welpe
    replied
    Congrats to him, Az! I still kick myself for not doing the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Buttercup
    replied
    Congratulations, AZ! I wish him luck...and tell him thanks.

Leave a comment:

• mrkoje
    replied
    Originally posted by azchopshopcop
    I think He said he will be going in as a PFC at E3 pay? But I can't remember.
    He made a great choice ooh-rah! I miss the Corps and I have only been out for two months. Got out for college and became interested in LE. I am now thinking about ditching the LE and going back into the Corps as an officer.

If he recruited two people he should get automatic PFC/E-2 pay when he graduates from boot camp.

Take care,

Mike

Leave a comment:

• CarCop
    replied
    Young Aric,
    Enjoy your days as a civilian, stay out of trouble and learn all you can about the Corps. Listen to your instructors, learn, be proficiant and someday soon you will be called on to teach the next generation Marines.

Thank you for your courage and pride in this country and our Corps. In these times the game is real. I praise you for your choice and thank you for commiting to service. God's speed and I hope you earn the title.

Semper Fi

Leave a comment:

• azchopshopcop
    replied
    Originally posted by code3_K9
    Why the long wait for basic? Just curious... Congrats to him, he'll remember it for the rest of his life.
    He's in the delayed entry because he has to finish High School first. He's 17 now. He is however meeting with the recruiter once a week for two hours for PT and he's getting started with the basic Marine Corp stuff in order to get a little jump when he goes in.

He signed up two other kids from his school and that gave him a "promotion" already. I think He said he will be going in as a PFC at E3 pay? But I can't remember.

Leave a comment:

• code3_K9
    replied
    Why the long wait for basic? Just curious... Congrats to him, he'll remember it for the rest of his life.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3653 users online. 226 members and 3427 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X