300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The newest Marine! Oorah!

Well, my son has just signed up for the Corp! I am so proud of him. I think this will be a great opportunity for him and he will be an asset to his country. He leaves for Pendelton next June let's send him off with all the support this site can muster....

Good Luck Aric, Dad loves you!!!
    There's no substitute for strength,
    and no excuse for a lack of it!!

I wish him all the luck!! Make this country proud!
    That's right, bring me my royal coffee!

Comment

Why the long wait for basic? Just curious... Congrats to him, he'll remember it for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by code3_K9
        Why the long wait for basic? Just curious... Congrats to him, he'll remember it for the rest of his life.
        He's in the delayed entry because he has to finish High School first. He's 17 now. He is however meeting with the recruiter once a week for two hours for PT and he's getting started with the basic Marine Corp stuff in order to get a little jump when he goes in.

He signed up two other kids from his school and that gave him a "promotion" already. I think He said he will be going in as a PFC at E3 pay? But I can't remember.
        There's no substitute for strength,
        and no excuse for a lack of it!!

Comment

Young Aric,
          Enjoy your days as a civilian, stay out of trouble and learn all you can about the Corps. Listen to your instructors, learn, be proficiant and someday soon you will be called on to teach the next generation Marines.

Thank you for your courage and pride in this country and our Corps. In these times the game is real. I praise you for your choice and thank you for commiting to service. God's speed and I hope you earn the title.

Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by azchopshopcop
            I think He said he will be going in as a PFC at E3 pay? But I can't remember.
            He made a great choice ooh-rah! I miss the Corps and I have only been out for two months. Got out for college and became interested in LE. I am now thinking about ditching the LE and going back into the Corps as an officer.

If he recruited two people he should get automatic PFC/E-2 pay when he graduates from boot camp.

Take care,

Mike

Comment

Congratulations, AZ! I wish him luck...and tell him thanks.
              All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

Congrats to him, Az! I still kick myself for not doing the same thing.
                Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Semper Fi to your son. Just make sure HE knows how to spell "Corps"

And yes, he'll graduate boot as a PFC, E-2 BTW. I also recruited two fellow Marines from my HS and got E-2 throught boot camp.
                  *Not a cop*

Comment

Semper Fi

Got ton of Basic tricks to make it easier....like stealing apples from the kitchen for a late night snack....the core flushes! No wrappers!!

Comment

Congrats to your son,Az! I wish him well
                      "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
                      Not Yet Visited: 16
                      Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Well like Father like Son:A natural born leader,Make your Dad proud Aric,Be the best you can be and survive listen and learn from your superior's in the Marines.Peace be yours enjoy your Senior Year in High School and God's speed as you prepare yourself to represent (The United States of America) in combat,I saltue you

Comment

Welcome to the club son, your family has now increased to too many to count.
                          Good luck and Semper Fi from and OLD Marine

Comment

Best of luck at MCRD. I'm sure this young Devil Pup will do us all proud.
                            SEMPER FI!
                            The only thing we have to fear is change itself.

Comment

Semper Fi!!
                              "It is better to avoid than to fight, better to deter than to kill. But.....it is better to kill than to die, or watch an innocent slaughtered, because you didn't have the wherewithal to defend them." - M. A.

"We should bear in mind that, in general, it is the object of our newspapers rather to create a sensation-to make a point-than to further the cause of truth."-Edgar Allan Poe(1809-1849)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4568 users online. 253 members and 4315 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X