300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse shooting spree!

Ok, so some adam henry has decided that it would be fun to shoot and kill horses within my city and the cities that surround us. Four horses have been shot, three of those are dead. The suspects are using a high powered rifle and nobody in the area has reported hearing any gunshots. The local departments as well as the Sheriff's Office have started a task force to catch the suspect but they don't have much to go on.

Anyone have a similar situation in or near your area?
    There's no substitute for strength,
    and no excuse for a lack of it!!

No shootings here, but a few years ago someone set a horse barn on fire and killed something like 20 horses iirc.

I'm not really a horse guy, but senseless killing is senseless killing.
    A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

Europe has its fair shair of horse slayings. It needs a sick mind to do it and you wonder how big the step is from senselessly killing of creatures to ruthlessly killing humans.

Comment

Originally posted by Contact
        I'm not really a horse guy, but senseless killing is senseless killing.
        I am a horse guy (used to be on the Mounted Unit), and it isn't a big step-up from animals to humans. IIRC, most serial killers started off by torturing/killing animals.
        Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Originally posted by Gottso
          Because when the thrill of wacking a horse is gone, the nozzle just may be swayed over to the people walking around. I see your a Lt....so if this was going on in your jurisdiction, you wouldn't see anything wrong with it?
          Exactly.

Its disgusting. Cowardly. They make me sick

Comment

Delta had it right, it's the first step that very nearly 100% of serial killers start with. They get their kicks off it to begin with, but it stops being as much a thrill fairly quickly, so they start looking for better "game". The longer they go without being caught, the more invincible they'll feel and the braver they get.
            STFU! Another great suggestion from the same mind that brought you "Kiss my butt" and "Leave me alone"

Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman
              What's a horse??
              Better than shooting people....
              I too worked Mounted and I've had horses I liked a damn sight better than some people. I've got a soft spot for horses, and if I come up on some sh**head shooting horses, he'd probably turn towards me with the gun and end up getting shot himself.

Comment

Originally posted by azchopshopcop
                Ok, so some adam henry has decided that it would be fun to shoot and kill horses within my city and the cities that surround us. Four horses have been shot, three of those are dead. The suspects are using a high powered rifle and nobody in the area has reported hearing any gunshots. The local departments as well as the Sheriff's Office have started a task force to catch the suspect but they don't have much to go on.

Anyone have a similar situation in or near your area?
                No, and I hope like hell it doesn't start happening.

First off, some of the horses on our farm are very expensive and we don't own them, they're just in for training.

Second, my wife would be running around with the .308 playing counter-sniper.
                "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

I think this is another crime that should have the death penalty imposed for it. There are many more that should as well. It would be a nice deterrant for the 3rd strike getting laid to rest in a pine box. I don't know, maybe it is that I grew up around horses and think they are the best animal to have around. You can't fall asleep (pass out drunk ) on a dog's back and be carried home. Really though, all animal cruelty crimes really get me fired up.
                  " (T)o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.... " Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3145 users online. 173 members and 2972 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X