300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Earth

Hey, anyone else download this program from Google. It is pretty cool. It is similar to the Google maps but you can tilt and rotate it and in the big cities you can make the buildings pop up. You can also go down in the Grand Canyon and look around. I've been playing with it for a couple days now and am quite impressed. It could be a very good LE tool in the larger areas where the resolution is better.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

I just downloaded it after reading your review. WHAT AN AWESOME PROGRAM. I am sure I have yet to see all it can do, but I zoomed in on addresses, locations, etc. A great tool. Now if it only showed REAL TIME.
    In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

I know, real time would be awsome!! On the left side is all the different things you can hit to highlight zip codes, city boudaries, state boudaries, rail and roads. I just wish they would get the whole country hi res.
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I just spent 2 hours playin on that thing... Its awsome Real time, and 3D would make it so much better.

Howd you find that pkagel?

Comment

I was bored at work Friday and was surfing.

Comment

Originally posted by sflcop
            Now if it only showed REAL TIME.
            That would be too cool.
            U.S. Coast Guard R since 2006.
            Petty Officer Third Class (E-4)

Comment

That's an awesome program, thanks for sharing!

Comment

we downloaded it a month or two ago. Its pretty sweet. Can even find our house
                Dont wait...Procrastinate now!

Comment

I've been subscribing to Keyhole for a while now. Google bought Keyhole and now its better than ever.

Comment

I've had this for awhile now. Also NASA has one called World Wind.

Also, using Google Earth, there is a base in San Diego that is...well...an interesting design. Copy this and search it in the program.

Naval Amphibious Bas, Coronado, CA 92118

It is just alittle to the right from the pinpoint it gives.

I can't see how someone didn't catch that in blueprint form, or they just didn't care.

Comment

Our IT guy at my department showed me that and loaded it onto the desktop in dispatch, as well as the server so it can be accessed from the MDC's.
                      In god we trust, the rest we run through NCIC

Comment

Originally posted by YJ95
                        I've had this for awhile now. Also NASA has one called World Wind.

Also, using Google Earth, there is a base in San Diego that is...well...an interesting design. Copy this and search it in the program.

I can't see how someone didn't catch that in blueprint form, or they just didn't care.
                        I put it in but I don't see anything weird about it...
                        Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

How up to date is this.

I have seen some where they are couple of years old and roads are not there along with houses.

Anybody know?

Comment

Great site. Real time and 3D would be amazing.
                            Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

I spent 8.5 yrs in the Navy and never knew that one,

Originally posted by YJ95

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3283 users online. 159 members and 3124 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X