Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have any hard to believe (but true) stories?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have any hard to believe (but true) stories?

Ever witness or have a 'hard to believe' story happen to you?

My elderly father was Trout fishing last week on a popular lake. He hooks a nice 15" Rainbow Trout and gets it within two feet of his boat. Just as he is about to reach down for it he sees a moving blur over his shoulder and hears a loud splash. He instinctively froze up and notices that an Osprey has swooped down and grabbed his fish, the line flew into the air with the bird before breaking.

I know Delta had a good Supernatural type incident at a school a while back so I'm sure there are a few others out there.

Have you ever experienced or witnessed something that could be met with skepticism by others upon hearing the story?
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

At a Central Wisconsin hospital I used to work for,a rat came running through the Central Service area.The gals all freaked and one called the security guard...We all knew him and he was a good guy, especially when he got food from us for favors.I won't explain that for fear of getting in trouble! Anyway, He was scared of that full size rat and pulled his gun from his hip.I told him to put it down or I was going to take it from him.Well that rat ran into the bosses room and duct under the desk.We went in to get it and it jumped at the security guard and he pulled his gun again and this time I had to take it away...He did not at the time have it loaded..I checked it and the lock was on also!I grabbed one of the non toothed hysterectomy clamps and put a bucket over the rat and caught it.Then me and the security guard went outside and let the rat go!Everyone was floored at what I did but darn-it I had to take the gun before he actually killed someone.That was along time ago!
    Last edited by frank; 07-28-2005, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Well, my dad was crab fishing from a pier (cage crabbing) and his favorite pair of polarized sunglasses fell into the water. Best guess, about 15 to 20 feet to the bottom of the inlet. He was seriously bummed, but in true style, kept on going. He pulled out his fishing tackle and started seeing what would bite, and about an hour into it snagged something. He wound up reeling in his own sunglasses. Later that same trip, my older brother caught what he was sure was a big fish, and out came a nice rod and reel.

My cat also spoke once. She wandered in the room and said "Momma." A very skeptical friend of mine looked at the cat and said "Did you say Momma?" and the cat replied "No."

Even I would have called BS on that one. And I'm gullible... LOL
      STFU! Another great suggestion from the same mind that brought you "Kiss my butt" and "Leave me alone"

Why not?

Comment

Hhhhmmmm...why did I know that frank would be the first one to reply?
        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Anyone else notice that there have already been two stories involving fishing? And we all know fishing stories are notoriously exaggerated.

Oh, you fishermen!

Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
          Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

Originally posted by Puget Sound
            Anyone else notice that there have already been two stories involving fishing? And we all know fishing stories are notoriously exaggerated.

Oh, you fishermen!

Its just like I seen a 30 point buck and I just couldn't shot it because I was in shock in came so close to me.

Comment

Originally posted by toby101
              Its just like I seen a 30 point buck and I just couldn't shot it because I was in shock in came so close to me.
              Haha, exactly. You definitely gotta be careful about those hunting stories too. But from my experience, fishing is ten times worse.
              Bill Cosby: Stewie, what do you think candy is made out of?
              Stewie Griffin: Sunshine and farts! What the hell kind of question is that?!

Comment

Originally posted by Puget Sound
                Haha, exactly. You definitely gotta be careful about those hunting stories too. But from my experience, fishing is ten times worse.

Here is an ol fishing tale:

A fisherman is telling his buddy there was this one time I caught this big of a fish (shows with hands about 20 inch's apart) and that thing was about 10 pounds. While the next day, the same fisherman was telling another buddy that he caught a fish this big (shows with hands about 25 inch's apart) and that thing felt like 15 pounds.

Good old fishing stories

Comment

One time I was fishing in a lake (from a boat) and lost my fishing rod. I wrote it off and bought a new one. A year later I was fishing in the same spot and caught the rod I lost.

When I was an animal control officer in Anchorage, AK, we'd get all kinds of calls about exotic animals. Someone would call in to say there was a lion in their garage; it would turn out to be a dog. A cougar behind the car turns out to be a squirrel.

One lady called in to say she caught an inguana in her kids' wading pool. Right. An inguana walking stray in Alaska (there are no reptiles in Alaska). I got there and sure enough, there was an inguana with a 4' tail in her kid's wading pool! It had been walking down the street so she caught it.

Comment

A long time ago when I was volunteering at the local S.O. ( I worked the visitors window for the jail.) My job was to take the potential visitors ID, give them the form to fill out and advise them if the inmate they were there to see was available. One day, not long after I took an access class permitting me to run the ID's, I ran one ID and it came back with a LOT of text. Up to that point, all the ID's I ran confirmed they were not a wanted felon, well, this one was telling me I had a wanted felon! I wasn't really sure what I was reading so I asked a dispatcher to double check it for me and she got the same return. She called a deputy in the room while she confirmed the warrants. The guy was getting a little nervous and so I was told to go and LIE to him (that wasn't easy for me! lol) and tell him his friend was on his way up. The deputy waited for everything to be confirmed and made sure the agency(ies) would pick him up, he called for another deputy to come from the opposite room and they kind of sandwhiched the idiot in the middle. That might not seem too amazing, but he had 3 felony warrants and he comes to a jail!! I thought it was amazing!! but than I am still young and not involved in LE.
                    stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

Comment

I'm not saying i believe this.. but it was really creepy.. and creeped out a lot of my co-workers.

We had a trauma patient in the E.R. that initially came in yelling and combative. To paint a better picture, understand that in the trauma bay room there are about 12 people standing/rushing around and lots of commotion.

After maybe 1 minute, she became totally quiet with her eyes wide open, looking around - but body stiff as a board. She stopped talking and wouldn't respond to any questions. The room was still somewhat noisy.. but the level dropped just a bit because her silence was unexpected.

She then said, "I can see all the people that died in this room right now."

Comment

"he had 3 felony warrants and he comes to a jail!! I thought it was amazing!!"

Isla, it happens all the time. We usually snag a couple every week this way. Crooks are stupid. No other way to explain it.

I am at the jail and one of my Sgt's says "Come with me. We've got an inmate claiming he was sexually assaulted." So I followed her to that building.

We get there and this guy is bleeding from his butt. When we started asking him questions like "Who attacked you?" "What did they look like?" etc, he couldn't answer. We're starting to sense this is all bull$h1t because he cant even tell us what race his assailant was.

So I call him on his B/S and he says "OK, I'll be honest with you. I was trying to get my stash (drugs) out of my ***, but I couldn't quite reach it with my finger, so I tried to fish it out with my pencil and I accidentally poked a hole in myself.... inside my ***." I immediately started laughing (until my Sgt. hit me lol) and this guy was taken to the emergency room for treatment.

Another one: I am assigned to our "Hole" and when I round the corner on my rounds, I see this inmates head sticking out of the feed flap in his door. His cellie's hands are sticking out through the bars and he is rubbing butter all this idiot's head! Somehow, he managed to get his head through the flap but was unable to get it back in lol.

So he sees me and has this look of humiliation/desperation on his face,which is even more comical because of his head being smeared with butter! I'm already laughing as I manage to say "What the hell are you doing???" He tells me "I just wanted to see if I could do it" Yeah... you did it alright.

So now I'm laughing so hard that I've got tears pouring down my face and I do what any good Deputy would do in a situation that he's unsure of how to handle. I called for backup (everyone HAS to see this!)

Me (laughing): "Uh... I need all available help to Bldg () immediately. Non-emergency. I repeat... non-emergency." So of course everyone who can comes out of curiousity, and as the word spread through the jail... other Deputies relieved each other so all could get a glimpse of this sight!

By now this crook was all fired up and was threatening to kill us all for laughing at him. We of course had to document this incident on film (video and polaroid) for the reports.

Eventually the Watch Commander kicked all the non-essential personnel out of the area (almost everyone had already seen it by then anyway). Honest to God... they ended up having to throw a wet blanket over his head and the maintenance crew had to cut this guy out!

Comment

Hardhead.......

those were great! lol I wish I had something better, but like I said, I am not involved in LE on any level any more so my stories stop there......but I really am amazed at how DUMB people, especially criminals are......as you guys say....job security right?? lol
                          stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

Comment

Originally posted by Hardhead
                            [B]

By now this crook was all fired up and was threatening to kill us all for laughing at him. We of course had to document this incident on film (video and polaroid) for the reports.

This is the best line ever in this post. We had to have it on film, video and polariod. FOR REPORTS. Yeah right there is the BS flag on that one. You just wanted to show it to all your buddies. JK

Comment

OK, not a fishing story.

I was flying back from leave sometime in the late 80's from the east coast to Japan. I change planes in NY and this uber hot girl is assigned the seat next to me. Total knockout, way out of my league. Turns out she's a model (of course) and is heading to LA on a shoot.

We talk on the flight and when we get to LA she invites me for lunch (I had a ridiculous layover, something like 14 hours if memory serves me). We go to lunch, talk some more, end up at her hotel and...

She gave me her address but we lost touch and I never saw her again, except a few year later as the pet of the month in Penthouse.

Thats my unbelievable but true story, my ugly *** did the chica boom with a Penthouse pet. Thats OK, no one else believes me either.
                              The only thing we have to fear is change itself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3813 users online. 245 members and 3568 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X