X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stan Switek
    replied
    My wife just sold her Mercedes & bought an Element

The other day she loans it briefly to a friend. The friend bumps into the rear of Toyota Seqoia. No damage to the Toyota. The estimate is $3000 for the Element. Radiator, A/C bumper, gonzo! If you are in that price range, I think I'd go for the bottom of the line 4 Runner. Much more impact resistant.

Leave a comment:

• Chiller
    replied
    Don't forget to put a rainbow sticker on the back of it or possibly a pink triangle

Leave a comment:

• lt93lover
    replied
    True, Groundhog-they're like the VW Beetles-you don't realize how many are out there either, til you start countin!

Leave a comment:

• Groundhog
    replied
    Just for giggles, I decided to count Honda Elements on the way home from work yesterday AM (about a 20 minute drive).

I counted 5!

Leave a comment:

• lt93lover
    replied
    If they're marketing the Element to younger people-I must be OLD!!!
    I'll keep my pickup!

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    thanks to everyone, my wife wants one. i kinda with everyone else here,,the jury is still out on looks, it is different.. i read the write up on them by consumer reports, but you get the real honesty from people who own one. i know honda makes a good car, but since they are fairly new i was wondering if anyone had anything real negative about the mechanical reputation, or handling, comfort, so on. i went and drove one today, i was actually impressed, it drove better than i thought it would, and yea it does have a major blind spot out the front corners. i was just wondering if they hold up (if someone has put some mileage on one) and if crap was falling off it or anything. thanks again. especially to those who are good with adjectives.

Leave a comment:

• Max Fischer
    replied
    I agree with Sam, the AzTek makes the Element look like a Porsche....

Personally, I LOVE the element. I have a Xterra, and I really want to trade it in for an Element. I think they are great, and the interior is amazing. Tons of room, you can hose out the floor, etc. Plus all the seats lay down to make a bed, and there is a rear moon roof so you can check out the stars while out in nature, if that is your thing.

They are being marketed to younger people, which is whey they have great stereos, MP3 plug-ins, etc.

I would take on in a heart beat, and around here, the resale value is just as high as any other Honda, which is traditionally amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Contact
    replied
    Just a little self defense here guys...

I only gave insight. I, at no time, said the vehicle had aesthetically pleasing features.

It doesn't look that bad...from the inside.

Leave a comment:

• Bodie
    replied
    But since you go by gothblues this vehicle may be a good fit. Reemmber once you buy it you are stuck because they have ZERO resale value to any dealer other then HONDA.

Maybe a Saturn VUE or a Chevrolet Equinox ????

Leave a comment:

• pkagel
    replied
    It is ugly but after being in one, the practical geek factor kicks in and it has that awsome stereo so you can blast Sinatra while rolling through the hood!

Leave a comment:

• Bodie
    replied
    UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY.
    That's the number one comment you here. Not that many sold and we have a Honda plant near here. Even Honda admits sales were way off. It's a practical car and that may have been it's downfall. Americans are not yet turned on by practical cars.
    Last edited by Bodie; 07-28-2005, 07:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Delta784
    replied
    I think they look ridiculous, like a toaster on wheels, but I don't think you can go wrong with a Honda or Toyota product.

Leave a comment:

• lt93lover
    replied
    No offense to the Element lovers out there, but anytime I see one, I want to see if I can knock it over-figure if I can't do it with my Dodge Ram, I can with my guys F350 4x4-LOL!

Leave a comment:

• pkagel
    replied
    I have always found them ugly as heck but after riding in my buddies I sure appreciate the functionality of them. I wish I could get that seat material in my VW!

Leave a comment:

• Groundhog
    replied
    I'm sure it's a quality vehicle as all Hondas are, but to me it looks like the mutant offspring of a Hummer H2 and a Rubbermaid laundry basket.

*not mine...I heard it somewhere else.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2599 users online. 120 members and 2479 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X