300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here own an Element

does anyone here own a honda element. if so, what do you think about it. good - bad - okay.

I own a CR-v and an accord. I obviously cant specifically answer your question but I here goosd things about the Element. Its better looking than the Scion cube. Go to www.edmunds.com they have a great site for tons of car info, or www.cars.com
    I got nothing for now

Comment

My girls parents own one, very nice, it has a 4-cyl which seems a bit sluggish at slow speeds, I'm not sure if there is a V6 option, but that would be a big improvement.

VERY ROOMY....If you need something with a lot of room, this is a great vehicle, the second row seating fold up and out of the way (Yes, they fold into the sides of the vehicle). They use it for their catering business and it is great, the front seats are pretty comfortable and back seats aren't too bad either I suppose. My complaints are the silly looking rubber floor. It cleans up nice, but can be slippery in the rain/snow. Also, there are some wicked blind spots, which only get worse when you fold the seats into the sides of the car, partially blocking the view out the back, and middle window. The seats don't dissapear like some minivan seats do, they just kind of latch. I haven't paid much attention to the mechanisims, but it's neat.

Overall a good vehicle if you have kids or have the potential to get it dirty. I think every surface of that car can be wiped clean.
      A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

I'm sure it's a quality vehicle as all Hondas are, but to me it looks like the mutant offspring of a Hummer H2 and a Rubbermaid laundry basket.

*not mine...I heard it somewhere else.

Comment

I have always found them ugly as heck but after riding in my buddies I sure appreciate the functionality of them. I wish I could get that seat material in my VW!
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

No offense to the Element lovers out there, but anytime I see one, I want to see if I can knock it over-figure if I can't do it with my Dodge Ram, I can with my guys F350 4x4-LOL!

Comment

I think they look ridiculous, like a toaster on wheels, but I don't think you can go wrong with a Honda or Toyota product.
              Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

UGLY UGLY UGLY UGLY.
                That's the number one comment you here. Not that many sold and we have a Honda plant near here. Even Honda admits sales were way off. It's a practical car and that may have been it's downfall. Americans are not yet turned on by practical cars.
                Last edited by Bodie; 07-28-2005, 07:37 AM.

Comment

It is ugly but after being in one, the practical geek factor kicks in and it has that awsome stereo so you can blast Sinatra while rolling through the hood!
                  "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

But since you go by gothblues this vehicle may be a good fit. Reemmber once you buy it you are stuck because they have ZERO resale value to any dealer other then HONDA.

Maybe a Saturn VUE or a Chevrolet Equinox ????

Comment

Just a little self defense here guys...

I only gave insight. I, at no time, said the vehicle had aesthetically pleasing features.

It doesn't look that bad...from the inside.
                      A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

I agree with Sam, the AzTek makes the Element look like a Porsche....

Personally, I LOVE the element. I have a Xterra, and I really want to trade it in for an Element. I think they are great, and the interior is amazing. Tons of room, you can hose out the floor, etc. Plus all the seats lay down to make a bed, and there is a rear moon roof so you can check out the stars while out in nature, if that is your thing.

They are being marketed to younger people, which is whey they have great stereos, MP3 plug-ins, etc.

I would take on in a heart beat, and around here, the resale value is just as high as any other Honda, which is traditionally amazing.

Comment

thanks to everyone, my wife wants one. i kinda with everyone else here,,the jury is still out on looks, it is different.. i read the write up on them by consumer reports, but you get the real honesty from people who own one. i know honda makes a good car, but since they are fairly new i was wondering if anyone had anything real negative about the mechanical reputation, or handling, comfort, so on. i went and drove one today, i was actually impressed, it drove better than i thought it would, and yea it does have a major blind spot out the front corners. i was just wondering if they hold up (if someone has put some mileage on one) and if crap was falling off it or anything. thanks again. especially to those who are good with adjectives.

Comment

If they're marketing the Element to younger people-I must be OLD!!!
                            I'll keep my pickup!

Comment

Just for giggles, I decided to count Honda Elements on the way home from work yesterday AM (about a 20 minute drive).

I counted 5!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4156 users online. 243 members and 3913 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X