X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rbadgett
    replied
    Originally posted by Bodie
    He's not going to make it. Can't even follow federal gun laws without wanting to break them in his favor. And he got hacked off here. Skin too thin to be a cop ???????????????????????

First of all: Mind your own business. I guarantee you I have more heart than you ever will. Wanting to break federal laws? Since when? I DO NOT break the law, I havn't, and that's EXACTLY why I've looked so far into it. ITS NOT AGAINST THE LAW. I suggest you grow up and stop "argueing" with a 19 year old. You're real mature there buddy. Since I'm such a "child" why do you waste your time replying? Does super-cop not have anything to do? What did you have done for yourself when you were 19? Did you have several years of schooling on LE? Did you have letters of recommendation? Were you working at your degree fresh out of high school? Work? You? haha...I bet you didn't work for anything you have. You were probably hand fed everything with a silver spoon. I actually had to work to get where I am. I have a fiance, and a child on the way, and I support my family on my own. I'm done talking to you, obviously you are just an ******* with a vendetta. Bring someone else down *****, because I'm not here to be your stress relief.

/rant

Leave a comment:

• Puget Sound
    replied
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I understand it:

You must be 21 years of age to purchase a handgun or handgun ammunition.
    You may not possess a handgun if you are under the age of 18.

That's FEDERAL LAW. From what I understand, it is perfectly legal for a person over the age of 18 to possess a handgun. Obviously they can't carry it concealed, but if your parent bought you a handgun and ammunition, you're more than welcome to take it to the range and shoot it without supervision, provided you are over the age of 18.

Also, different states, counties, and cities have different laws, so you have to be careful where you are when you have a handgun in your immediate possession.

As far as Oregon State Law goes...you may possess a handgun at the age of 18. You may possess a long gun at any age.

In Washington State...you have to be at least 18 to possess a handgun OR a long gun. There are of course all kinds of exceptions...hunting being an obvious one.

California has some strict gun laws, so I won't comment on them. However, I do believe as far as age of possession goes, it's still 18. But don't quote me on that.

Leave a comment:

• Bodie
    replied
    He's not going to make it. Can't even follow federal gun laws without wanting to break them in his favor. And he got hacked off here. Skin too thin to be a cop ???????????????????????

Leave a comment:

• Contact
    replied
    Originally posted by Rbadgett
    Sometimes, just SOMETIMES, it helps to read.

Nice job quoting your own post. Anyway, if you wanted advice on guns, why did you come to a police officer forum? They aren't the only ones who carry. When I decided to buy my Sig, I finally came here and searched the already active threads about the P226, and found out what everyone thought about it.

The downside is when you ask gun owners, it's just like asking a die-hard Chevy guy who makes the best vehicle. Everyone here is going to tell you that what they carry is the best, which is true to that individual. I carry a Sig, it's never jammed or malfunctioned in any way shape or form, but I bet you can find a H&K or Springfield owner that will tell you the exact same thing as I have.

The bottom line is once you get into the $600-up range on a pistol, you will get a reliable weapon. It's all personal preference.

Another reason you are probably getting problems in this thread is with your opening statement about "Haters" and not wanting to hear any crap about being under 21. Poor opening in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Rbadgett
    replied
    For any "haters" because i'm under 21: I do have a father, and he can purchase pistols and I can use them. Just to clear up the whole "Why are you worried about it, you're not even 21" thing. I'm asking for ADVICE on GUNS, not my life. Thanks for the pleasant replies in advance.

Sometimes, just SOMETIMES, it helps to read.

Leave a comment:

• Contact
    replied
    and how big their gun is, instead of what that badge means, or why that gun is there. C'mon super-cop, I know you're better than that.

That's cute, almost made me cry. Anyway, I wouldn't fault Bodie for answering your question the way he wanted to. You brought the gun question into the Off-Duty Forum, Hero.

Leave a comment:

• Rbadgett
    replied
    Originally posted by Bodie
    At 20 this CHILD should be more concerned with his education and developing his strength rather then with "squeezing" off a few.
    Get your degree then go to the range. You can shoot 100 percent 100 times and if you do not have a degree and can't pass the physical nobody here will look at you a second glance.

We can teach you to shoot "free" but we are not paying for your intial degree or you time at the gym. We'll even give you the gun an ammo !!
    Hey bodie, why dont you try being concerned with yourself. For your information I'm enrolled in FLC taking 6 classes, only one of which is not related to police work, because its physical education. Arrest, Search and Seizure, Intro to Corrections, Firearms, Concepts of Criminal law, Legal Aspects of Evidence, and weight training. I'm also on an Air Force 14 week workout program. Not only am I working at getting my degree and talking to alot of agencies to see about an early hire, but I'm also making sure I'm fit enough to do my job. So why don't you go, and be concerned with your life, and I'll be concerned with mine. My goal is to do the best that I can do and make a difference in this city. Most of the police here, and as far as I'm concerned most of the police on this board, are more concerned with how shiny their badge is, and how big their gun is, instead of what that badge means, or why that gun is there. C'mon super-cop, I know you're better than that.

Leave a comment:

• tony.o
    replied
    I bought the SIG Mosquito a couple of weeks ago, had it out the other day, my wife saw it, I told her that I've had this one for a long time. She doesn't know the difference, but my 12 year old daughter wasn't buying that. Haven't shot it yet, but I'll take it, along with my kids to the range tomorrow to see how they like shooting it.

Leave a comment:

• Bodie
    replied
    At 20 this CHILD should be more concerned with his education and developing his strength rather then with "squeezing" off a few.
    Get your degree then go to the range. You can shoot 100 percent 100 times and if you do not have a degree and can't pass the physical nobody here will look at you a second glance.

We can teach you to shoot "free" but we are not paying for your intial degree or you time at the gym. We'll even give you the gun an ammo !!

Leave a comment:

• Contact
    replied
    and the fact that it gives me great joy to squeeze a few off.

Uhh....take lube.

Leave a comment:

• lsmalibu
    replied
    Handguns may be loaned to a minor by a parent for the purpose of engaging in a lawful activity, so long as the loan does not exceed the amount of time necessary for engaging in that activity.

Leave a comment:

• Rbadgett
    replied
    Originally posted by SPM
    In addition, and in your defence, I bet you meant your father buys and owns the guns, but allows you to use the weapons for training. Right? I'm not clear on the specifics, but I think your father would have to be somewhere pretty near when you are using/transporting the firearms to the range.
    That's exactly what I meant. I mean, I have no other use for a firearm other than training, and the fact that it gives me great joy to squeeze a few off. Under the code posted above, my father does NOT have to be present while the firearm is in use. All he, or my fiance needs to have is a letter, signed by both parties stating that while the gun is in my care (up to 30 days) I am solely responsible for anything that happens to that firearm, or any liability issues that arise from me possessing that firearm.

Leave a comment:

• Rbadgett
    replied
    Originally posted by UA2k1GT
    here's a good website with each state's firearms laws. Granted it is just a website, so it may not be accurate and you should verify this information yourself before going by it, but it may help

http://www.firearmslawcenter.org/sta...urchasePossess
    And there it is...

Under California law, no person, corporation or firm shall sell, loan, or transfer a firearm to a minor (defined as a person under age 18). Cal. Penal Code
    Last edited by Rbadgett; 07-26-2005, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SPM
    replied
    First of all

I own a Glock 23. I like it quite a bit. I intend to buy the P226 next though. Personally, I shoot better with a sig. Not much better, but I've kinda gotten to the point were a 1 inch difference in grouping is a huge improvement.

As for not being 21, you will have to work the jails and not be issued or allowed to carry a firearm untill your 21st birthday. But you probably knew that.

HOWEVER - I must say, should you get hired, congrats on that. It's pretty damn hard, in CA, to get hired and be even 21.

In addition, and in your defence, I bet you meant your father buys and owns the guns, but allows you to use the weapons for training. Right? I'm not clear on the specifics, but I think your father would have to be somewhere pretty near when you are using/transporting the firearms to the range.
    Last edited by SPM; 07-26-2005, 08:47 AM. Reason: in addition...

Leave a comment:

• tony.o
    replied
    Gee, I thought we were trying to have some fun here. If ya'll want an arguement you could have helped me stop the nation of islam from invading the Law and Politics forum.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3020 users online. 206 members and 2814 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X