Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Bodie]Buy none until 21 and you can do it yourself. Having father buy a gun and give it to somebody underage violates federal firearms laws[QUOTE]

No it doesn't. If my father owns it, I can use it at my leisure with his permission, and the day I turn 21, he can gift it to me. I've looked into it. My name would be on the firearm as well, but he would be the primary owner. I have several friends (sons of LEOs, and otherwise) that do that. My fiance can even buy a gun and let me use it. Works either way. I refuse to wait til I'm 21 simply because I don't want to. It's not like I want a "strap" to go out and "buss a cap up in some fools bitch ***" or anything. I'm going to school to become a cop. My intentions are pure. Anyway, I think I'm going with the XD for now. thanks guys.

Comment

Believe what you want. But the OWNER of the gunis held liable and that owner is the person who made the purchase. In the world of handguns you are not an adult until 21 so guess who is and who isn't liable and who will get prosecuted if something goes wrong when the handgun is in your "care".

Your dad or any other adult that made the purchase.
      Ask ATF and a good civil attorney.

Yoiu can't own a gun. And nobody can Co own a gun it isn't a car or house it is a deadly weapon.

I am so glad those so young are so smart. If you in fact have "looked"nto it get somebody to put it in writing that there is no liability so your dad if he is dumb enough to buy a handgun for somebody under 21 and hand it to them isn't liable. I doubt many cops that have bought their "kids" handguns know just how far the feds and civil court would go if the issue would go south (bad).

If one of your friends picks up that gun just looking at it and it goes off and somebody gets hurt or killed guess who goes to jail and ends up finacialy ruined ?

Do your dad a favor and tell him that you will wait till your 21st birthday and he can take you to the gun store and you can buy it yourself.
      Last edited by Bodie; 07-25-2005, 05:56 AM.

Comment

I have both pistols, however, I carry my XD40 as a service sidearm and my Glock22 as recreational pistol.

I preferred XD primarily because of added safety features, and it never failed me shooting it in both rapid fire and slow fire. I shot over 500 rounds in one day for straight 5 days in the range under hot and rainy weather (this is Chicago weather... : ) ) And it never failed me nor jammed or stovepiped.

I suggest give all pistols a shot and try it the way you are going to use it. The XD hasn't caught up in the mainstream yet, but it's a very accurate weapon - but then again it depends on who's behind the trigger.

By the way, I have the Tactical XD40 5" in Olive Green, the Marine grunts color!

A lot of people say that XD40 is a knock-off of Glock, but I tell you one thing they made it better! Who cares if its made in Croatia, if it serves its purpose to save your butt in a shootout and not malfunction on you - it's good to go, right?

Another thing about Glock is the grip, alot of my fellow officers and others I've met in the range wanna replace theirs because of the grip is too thick especially after putting a wrap. XD fits perfectly in my hands(.40 Cal), and I have small hands, and I have a good natural point of aim after I unholstered and point at target. Others have Glock said that have to adjust a bit because of the thick grip.

HINT: Avoid spending $10 for a rubber grip, instead cut-off an old bicycle inner tube. It's works and free. Go to a nearest bike shop and just ask!

Remember when Glock came out the first time? And people are skeptic about it being plastic and all - the same with XD right now. I say it's accurate and with added safety.

Price wise? I got mine for $450 +plus tax and it comes with 3 mags.
        "Don't be an Idiot - Use your common sense!" - Freakapino

Comment

Originally posted by Rbadgett
          Originally posted by Bodie
          Buy none until 21 and you can do it yourself. Having father buy a gun and give it to somebody underage violates federal firearms laws
          No it doesn't. If my father owns it, I can use it at my leisure with his permission, and the day I turn 21, he can gift it to me.
          Look into the StrawMan Purchase. Noone can lawfully purchase a firearm with the intent of transferring it to a party under the age of 21, even your dad.

My fiance can even buy a gun and let me use it.
          Yes, if she is there.

And if you think you can use the weapon "at your leisure", try taking a firearm that you do not own to a gun range. The only way you are legally allowed to shoot a firearm you do not own is if the owner is with you. End of story.

Works either way. I refuse to wait til I'm 21 simply because I don't want to. It's not like I want a "strap" to go out and "buss a cap up in some fools bitch ***"
          Uhh... That's good. But you are breaking the law, there is an age limit for a reason. Don't plan on enforcing the law if you will not follow it yourself "simply because you don't want to.". That is the most childish thing I've ever heard.
          Last edited by Contact; 07-25-2005, 08:26 AM.
          A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

here's a good website with each state's firearms laws. Granted it is just a website, so it may not be accurate and you should verify this information yourself before going by it, but it may help

http://www.firearmslawcenter.org/sta...urchasePossess

Comment

I was going to use the straw purchase term but this kid is going to do it his way and would not understand that either. He needs to be honest with his dad and tell him the truth etc. If he can't follow federal firearms laws then he need not be a cop.

Comment

Gee, I thought we were trying to have some fun here. If ya'll want an arguement you could have helped me stop the nation of islam from invading the Law and Politics forum.
                The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

First of all

I own a Glock 23. I like it quite a bit. I intend to buy the P226 next though. Personally, I shoot better with a sig. Not much better, but I've kinda gotten to the point were a 1 inch difference in grouping is a huge improvement.

As for not being 21, you will have to work the jails and not be issued or allowed to carry a firearm untill your 21st birthday. But you probably knew that.

HOWEVER - I must say, should you get hired, congrats on that. It's pretty damn hard, in CA, to get hired and be even 21.

In addition, and in your defence, I bet you meant your father buys and owns the guns, but allows you to use the weapons for training. Right? I'm not clear on the specifics, but I think your father would have to be somewhere pretty near when you are using/transporting the firearms to the range.
                  Last edited by SPM; 07-26-2005, 08:47 AM. Reason: in addition...

Comment

Originally posted by UA2k1GT
                    here's a good website with each state's firearms laws. Granted it is just a website, so it may not be accurate and you should verify this information yourself before going by it, but it may help

http://www.firearmslawcenter.org/sta...urchasePossess
                    And there it is...

Under California law, no person, corporation or firm shall sell, loan, or transfer a firearm to a minor (defined as a person under age 18). Cal. Penal Code
                    Last edited by Rbadgett; 07-26-2005, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SPM
                      In addition, and in your defence, I bet you meant your father buys and owns the guns, but allows you to use the weapons for training. Right? I'm not clear on the specifics, but I think your father would have to be somewhere pretty near when you are using/transporting the firearms to the range.
                      That's exactly what I meant. I mean, I have no other use for a firearm other than training, and the fact that it gives me great joy to squeeze a few off. Under the code posted above, my father does NOT have to be present while the firearm is in use. All he, or my fiance needs to have is a letter, signed by both parties stating that while the gun is in my care (up to 30 days) I am solely responsible for anything that happens to that firearm, or any liability issues that arise from me possessing that firearm.

Comment

Handguns may be loaned to a minor by a parent for the purpose of engaging in a lawful activity, so long as the loan does not exceed the amount of time necessary for engaging in that activity.
                        *Not a cop*

Comment

and the fact that it gives me great joy to squeeze a few off.

Uhh....take lube.
                          A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

At 20 this CHILD should be more concerned with his education and developing his strength rather then with "squeezing" off a few.
                            Get your degree then go to the range. You can shoot 100 percent 100 times and if you do not have a degree and can't pass the physical nobody here will look at you a second glance.

We can teach you to shoot "free" but we are not paying for your intial degree or you time at the gym. We'll even give you the gun an ammo !!

Comment

I bought the SIG Mosquito a couple of weeks ago, had it out the other day, my wife saw it, I told her that I've had this one for a long time. She doesn't know the difference, but my 12 year old daughter wasn't buying that. Haven't shot it yet, but I'll take it, along with my kids to the range tomorrow to see how they like shooting it.
                              The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                                At 20 this CHILD should be more concerned with his education and developing his strength rather then with "squeezing" off a few.
                                Get your degree then go to the range. You can shoot 100 percent 100 times and if you do not have a degree and can't pass the physical nobody here will look at you a second glance.

We can teach you to shoot "free" but we are not paying for your intial degree or you time at the gym. We'll even give you the gun an ammo !!
                                Hey bodie, why dont you try being concerned with yourself. For your information I'm enrolled in FLC taking 6 classes, only one of which is not related to police work, because its physical education. Arrest, Search and Seizure, Intro to Corrections, Firearms, Concepts of Criminal law, Legal Aspects of Evidence, and weight training. I'm also on an Air Force 14 week workout program. Not only am I working at getting my degree and talking to alot of agencies to see about an early hire, but I'm also making sure I'm fit enough to do my job. So why don't you go, and be concerned with your life, and I'll be concerned with mine. My goal is to do the best that I can do and make a difference in this city. Most of the police here, and as far as I'm concerned most of the police on this board, are more concerned with how shiny their badge is, and how big their gun is, instead of what that badge means, or why that gun is there. C'mon super-cop, I know you're better than that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2926 users online. 195 members and 2731 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X