300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under and Alone by William Queen

This was a fantastic book, I could not put it down and read it in 3 days. It is amazing to read how successfully he infiltrated the Mongols and helped send so many of them to jail. He touches on a lot of his personal experiences while working undercover and the toll it took on his personal life and his conscience.

If you have not read this book, I highly recommend picking it up.
    Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Very interesting...

I just posted a question to see if anyone has read that book in the thread about the cop who pulled over the HA. I am glad that you think its a good read... Im going to buy it now.

Mike

Comment

Awesome book
      Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

PTI, one part Queen mentions how they were on a run with 100 or so bikes and they were blowing through intersections, red lights, etc and that the LAPD and Highway Patrol was looking on and couldn't do anything.

Common sense would tell me that is probably all that can be done in this situation, but could something be done about it? Just wondeirng if you guys have run into that problem at all.

mrkoje, pick it up, you won't be disappointed!

Also, don't you know you're not supposed to post in the Squad Room?
        Last edited by Welpe; 07-23-2005, 10:51 PM.
        Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

I too read this book. Twice. And passed it to all the guys on my squad. I loved it.
          RIP Brett Thompson, 17, 09/12/1989-09/14/2006

Seatbelts save lives

Comment

WOW! That was a great read. I read it in one sitting, I couldnt put it down. Thanks for the heads up on that book.
            Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

Comment

I just got done reading this, first book I've read not for school in a looong time, I thought it was great. I don't know the accuracy of this info on IMDB, but this has potential to be a really good film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383026/

Comment

i was looking at getting that book, but chose "no lights, no sirens" first, and it was an awesome book, i will go pick this one up soon

Comment

Under an Alone must be good. I just tried to find it on the Los Angeles Public Libraries site (we are talking a lot of libraries to get books from) and out of 28 copies they are all checked out.

Comment

Just finished reading this book too. Read becouse someone in another post said it was good. Think it was the one about the OMG. Anyway great book. Does any one know of any other books just as good, about law enforcement. Thanks.
                    "Evil will flourish if good men do nothing"- Edmund Burke

Comment

Awesome book. I started reading it and about four hours later I was at the back cover. I don't think I've ever burned through a book that quick. Highly recommended.
                      The only thing we have to fear is change itself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5407 users online. 349 members and 5058 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X