Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The topic goes here- how hard is that?

Anyone else getting annoyed with posts (particularly in the LE section) that have topic headers that give you no idea what the subject is about?

If you have a question, for example, about DUIs. Don't make the topic "Question". Is it such a hard concept? How about "Question about DUI" or even better "Question about DUI convictions" or "Question about HGN".

THe reason the topic is there is so we know what's it's about before opening the thread. If you started a thread and the topic gives no indication whatsoever what the thread is actually about, you need to question whether or not you need to be posting at all.

Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better.
    You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

I totally agree!!!! One of my pet peeves.

Comment

The forum etiquette has gone downhill fast. It seems all of a sudden people are hijacking threads left and right for chatting, having long drawn-out arguments that would better be settled via PMs and turning threads into flame attacks all too frequently.

This is getting pretty harsh. Up until about a month ago things were nice and friendly. Sure, there was some pretty well-done troll bashing where the troll started calling names before being banned, but now it seems like open season where anyone can attack anyone. What gives - summer heat making people irritable or something?!

AvgJoe
      Be careful, kids. Daddy's summer car is like the Ark of the Covanent - if you touch it, you will surely die.

Comment

It's menopause.......

Comment

Originally posted by Centurion44
          Anyone else getting annoyed with posts (particularly in the LE section) that have topic headers that give you no idea what the subject is about?

If you have a question, for example, about DUIs. Don't make the topic "Question". Is it such a hard concept? How about "Question about DUI" or even better "Question about DUI convictions" or "Question about HGN".

THe reason the topic is there is so we know what's it's about before opening the thread. If you started a thread and the topic gives no indication whatsoever what the thread is actually about, you need to question whether or not you need to be posting at all.

Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better.
          I was thinking the same thing.
          Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by AverageJoe
            The forum etiquette has gone downhill fast. It seems all of a sudden people are hijacking threads left and right for chatting, having long drawn-out arguments that would better be settled via PMs and turning threads into flame attacks all too frequently.

This is getting pretty harsh. Up until about a month ago things were nice and friendly. Sure, there was some pretty well-done troll bashing where the troll started calling names before being banned, but now it seems like open season where anyone can attack anyone. What gives - summer heat making people irritable or something?!

AvgJoe

I keep trying to tell you guys......take it to the chat room

you can't really hijack a chat room....and the stupid posts are long forgotten in 20 seconds......it might clean up the threads a little
            stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5524 users online. 326 members and 5198 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X